This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With hindsight Doug wrongly calculated that a 9-7 season would give him bargaining power for an extension. I think Pegula was thinking 11-5 gets you the extension and his agent had Doug convinced he would land one the open head job and plus his 4 million from the Bills. Doug

Ice T nailed it

You think you've made it, you're just a lucky man
Guess who controls your destiny, fans
But you diss 'em cos you think you're a star
That attitude is rude, you won't get far
Cos they'll turn on you quick, you'll drop like a brick
Unemployment's where you'll sit
No friends cos you dissed 'em too
No team, no crew, you're through

You played yourself...
That's right, you played yourself...
You played yourself...
Yo, yo, you played yourself...

But what about all those reports in late December that Marrone would be a hot commodity if he opted out?

Doug was a hot commodity when he opted out and was interviewed or considered for several HC openings. However, a lot of negative information began to surface that definitely did not help him. The other factor is that he quit on his team and players, so the teams considering him have to take into consideration whether he can win the respect of the new players and new locker room.

Between the info that came out, his bad mouthing the organization on the way out, his quitting on an ascending team for no reason, his loss of trust with players, and his questionable record I think he lost all momentum and some credibility. 2 of the places that expressed early interest moved on to hotter candidates and hired them (Jets and Bears) and the one other team that was interested at some point now has other guys at the top of their list reportedly. So, I would guess that maybe he didn't interview well or at least well enough to over come the rest of the information out there.

And lets face it, hiring him wouldnt excite anyones fan base...neither his college or pro resume is that impressive. Getting the Bills to a 9 win season isn't like he turned around a 2 win team. This team has been a perennial 7 win team that was always a competent QB away from a winning season. The improvement this year in record was marginal even though it was first winning season in a while. Not to mention, this should have been a playoff team but he blew games we clearly should have won and had many questionable decisions in those games.

Marrone Sucks...and now he's seeing what being an ass does for your employment options. I mean there are only 32 HC Jobs in the NFL, and he just quit on an ascending team after 2 years...what a dumb azz

I'm loving this. I relish in it. HAHA. What a Buffoon!!!

With hindsight Doug wrongly calculated that a 9-7 season would give him bargaining power for an extension. I think Pegula was thinking 11-5 gets you the extension and his agent had Doug convinced he would land one the open head job and plus his 4 million from the Bills. Doug

Ice T nailed it

You think you've made it, you're just a lucky man
Guess who controls your destiny, fans
But you diss 'em cos you think you're a star
That attitude is rude, you won't get far
Cos they'll turn on you quick, you'll drop like a brick
Unemployment's where you'll sit
No friends cos you dissed 'em too
No team, no crew, you're through

You played yourself...
That's right, you played yourself...
You played yourself...
Yo, yo, you played yourself...

HAHA

These stories make me really wonder what happened between Marrone and the Front Office...

Does he really have that big of an ego to think he could walk out, and have another head coaching job lined up?

Without him badmouthing the Bills, and texting the players, and the subsequent massive fallout, he would have. Woody Johnson was ready to sign him on Casserly's counsel. But Jimmy Sexton probably didn't expect Marrone to blow it so much, after all, who does that, or even know of all Marrone's skeletons. Without all the the badmouthing of the Bills, no one would have been interviewing Cassulo, and a lot of the bad stuff would not have come out. Marrone blew it himself, which is the cool thing about it.

Without him badmouthing the Bills, and texting the players, and the subsequent massive fallout, he would have. Woody Johnson was ready to sign him on Casserly's counsel. But Jimmy Sexton probably didn't expect Marrone to blow it so much, after all, who does that, or even know of all Marrone's skeletons. Without all the the badmouthing of the Bills, no one would have been interviewing Cassulo, and a lot of the bad stuff would not have come out. Marrone blew it himself, which is the cool thing about it.

Which is exactly why you don't burn any bridges on the way out...of any job, NFL or otherwise. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it. 'Supine Doug'.

Maybe I'm naive, but it just seems really dumb for a guy who has worked his way to a head coaching position in the NFL. Maybe emotions got the best of him with some sort of conflict.

Maybe I'm naive, but it just seems really dumb for a guy who has worked his way to a head coaching position in the NFL. Maybe emotions got the best of him with some sort of conflict.

It's possible that he was more stupid than vindictive. It's possible that he thought he was helping a buddy out, Polian, by telling him that there were guys in the Bills front office that were badmouthing him. And watch his back if he takes the job. Who knows how that word got out. I wouldn't doubt it was from Polian who said it off the record to Tim Graham.

And maybe he just wasn't thinking when he sent the mass text out. It was surely a slap in the face, but it doesn't mean it was a F-U. He probably just thought to himself, the word is already out that I am gone, the players are all gone, how do I get them all? It was stupid and impersonal more than screw you.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Marrone. I've been lambasting him most of the year. But we don't know a lot of the details of these reports and what really happened.

It's possible that he was more stupid than vindictive. It's possible that he thought he was helping a buddy out, Polian, by telling him that there were guys in the Bills front office that were badmouthing him. And watch his back if he takes the job. Who knows how that word got out. I wouldn't doubt it was from Polian who said it off the record to Tim Graham.

And maybe he just wasn't thinking when he sent the mass text out. It was surely a slap in the face, but it doesn't mean it was a F-U. He probably just thought to himself, the word is already out that I am gone, the players are all gone, how do I get them all? It was stupid and impersonal more than screw you.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Marrone. I've been lambasting him most of the year. But we don't know a lot of the details of these reports and what really happened.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Would be interesting if Marrone can't land a HC job and Schwartz can't land a DC job.

The words I would use are "enjoyable" or "ironic" and "unfortunate". I leave it to the reader to decide which adjectives apply to which former coach.

"Doug Marrone's Failed Power Play"

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/01/15/da-doug-marrones-failed-power-play/#.VLgxnqWtXe4.twitter

One of the lines:

"Saint Doug is Ain't Doug"

Oh, this is classic!

"There’s not much doubt anymore. Doug Marrone thought he was ballin’, and ended up fallin’......Saint Doug is Ain’t Doug........

The fact is, Marrone used to roll up his sleeves, believe in the work he put in, and compliment the efforts of those around him. Then he started hopping from “dream job” to “dream job,” bullying those around him more and more, calling himself “Saint Doug” because he was performing “two miracles” The karma boomerang stings when it comes back around.

it’s going to be hard to stomach the next time Marrone talks about how important loyalty is .......... Sorry Doug, you’re not in the Sainthood. It’s the Ain’thood."