This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schadenfreude would be so much better without the $4 million buyout.

I kinda disagree. I feel better about making fun of the guy knowing he's not going to be starving. I think it'd be tougher (at least for me) if the guy was completely out of luck.

But then again, it's not my $4 million, so I can feel that way.

I hope Marrone and his family can stretch that 4 mil a loooooong way. No other big paychecks coming his way.

Ask yourself, what other team would want to hire a coach who left like that? OK, so he had a clause that LET him do it, but that didn't mean he NEEDED to do it. The clause was there in case the new ownership was difficult to work with, which clearly wasn't the case with the Pegulas.

Ask yourself, what GM would want to hire a coach who blasted the Bills' FO on the way out of town?

Ask yourself, what candidates for coordinator positions and other coaching assistants would want to pull up stakes and move somewhere to work for a guy who shafted his Bills coaches so badly?

I hope Marrone and his family can stretch that 4 mil a loooooong way. No other big paychecks coming his way.

Ask yourself, what other team would want to hire a coach who left like that? OK, so he had a clause that LET him do it, but that didn't mean he NEEDED to do it. The clause was there in case the new ownership was difficult to work with, which clearly wasn't the case with the Pegulas.

Ask yourself, what GM would want to hire a coach who blasted the Bills' FO on the way out of town?

Ask yourself, what candidates for coordinator positions and other coaching assistants would want to pull up stakes and move somewhere to work for a guy who shafted his Bills coaches so badly?

And anyone who said its "just business" and anyone would do it - I think the not-so-subtle shots to the contrary by Fred, Pegula, Rex and various media say otherwise.

As I said after Marrone left - the NFL is a small club. You do not get ahead by acting as an uncaring and ungrateful idiot.

I believe Doug got some BAD advice from his agent.

May not be. The agent may not have foreseen the way Marrone would depart. That caused a backlash and stuff came out which, IMHO, would not have if he had departed cordially. My guess is that the agent is the one feeling angry.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

IMO Marrone did the Bills a favor. He likely got the Bills as far as he could get them. Also, his decision to play Orton over Manuel in the Pats game might have been the difference getting the Bills to 9-7 which holds some arbitrary significance over a record of 8-8. I wonder what quality of HC the Bills could find with a record of 8-8. I expect free agency will be easier as well.

Marrone's contract under Wilson contained a release provision and from a business perspective Marrone was smart taking his money and looking for another position where he could build a team like he did with Syracuse and the Bills. Even if Marrone doesn't find a job this season he breaks even.

Therefore, I hold no grudge against Marrone. I look forward to see what Ryan can do under the Pegulas - although I would have liked to see Schwartz stay.

He certainly did us all a huge favor! Maybe he's not so selfish and was really looking out for of all us the whole time! Good riddance!

Ha ha! I didn't mean he was doing it only for the Bills. It was a calculated decision. It's business. And he did do the Bills a favor by getting out of the way.

Edited by Nihilist25

My only guess here is like the coach from Syracuse said...he is already planning his next job when he signs on for the current one.

Figures Bradley is as hot as it gets on the hot seat...and he would be next in line if/when Bradley gets let go middle of year...maybe after a severe beat down by the Bills in London

And anyone who said its "just business" and anyone would do it - I think the not-so-subtle shots to the contrary by Fred, Pegula, Rex and various media say otherwise.

Because Doug allegedly slammed the org on his way out and went out classlessly.

The subtle shots are hypocrisy for most of the guys. Maybe not Fred, because he's about as loyal as you can hope for, but the rest of them? Everyone wants loyalty on their own terms. You aren't very talented, but you gave your heart and blood for the team? "Cut him, he sucks!" It's fickle.

At the end of the day, it's your family vs. your team. I know everything gets romanticized these days but it is a business. No one took shots at Byrd when he bounced for the cash.

Edited by FireChan