moshermw

My top five Rex quotes from the PC:

#5 -- "you deserve a loyal coach"

#4 -- "we will build a bully"

#3 -- "the OL is my pride and joy"

#2 -- "we will be a nightmare to play"

#1 -- "I still want the Patriots* most"

Top five takeaways:

#5 -- huge vote of confidence for Whaley (so happy about this)

#4 -- Donnie Henderson stayin'

#3 -- Brandon in charge of "budgets" (the new Overdorf/Littman?)

#2 -- all options open at QB but not giving up on EJ

#1 -- the Bills will truly be a "family" again

Good list.

1 addition was him stating that he's been involved with record setting 3-4's and also record setting 4-3's implying he'll put these guys in whatever formation best fits the personel & opponent.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard his interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio. He gave a shoutout to the Bills fan who always calls Moving The Chains - that was awesome! He sure knows how to win fans over.

He also said on the 4-3 vs 3-4 thing, he'll play as much 4-3 as anyone. He said he's led the NFL with 4-3 as a base as a Defensive Coordinator before.

Love it! I'm all in on Rex Ryan.

Very easily: I've known more than enough people who talk a good game, but can't hack it when the time comes.

Which is not to say I'm down on having Ryan coaching the Bills...just that talk is talk, and the jury's out until I see the product on the field.

Agreed with this. On the plus side though, it's a LOT easier to see how someone like him can do things like fire up a locker room, earn the trust of his players, etc. with someone like him than with Marrone.

Agreed with this. On the plus side though, it's a LOT easier to see how someone like him can do things like fire up a locker room, earn the trust of his players, etc. with someone like him than with Marrone.

And it goes beyond the locker room - Rex is going the have the entire organization and even town, billeving and pushing to "be great". By some accounts Marrone was a downer all around the org, Rex will bring a welcome new attitude...

He wasn't my first choice, I hadn't even really considered Rex to be honest, but I wasn't against it. But now, after the hire, I'm really liking it - the guy passes the eye test of being an "NFL Head Coach" and has me drinking the kool-aid! Our team needs a leader to get them to the mountain top, Rex can lead. One other thing that's a little glossed over is that that Pegula's were looking were looking for a "football man", well Rex has been around the NFL his *entire life*, obviously a guy like that has a lot of contacts. Obviously.

Bring on the off-season, I'm ready! :beer: (w/ Rex)

Rex is gonna be on Murph in a few minutes - wgr55.com

Can't wait for more quotes :beer:

Rex is still on. Bringing it with Murph right now.

Says Watkins is well worth the trade. Jets doubled him and he still got open.

Not an Ej hater, said Jets thought he scored high on tests.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I have to admit that when Coach Tuesday called the shot back in October I posted that I hated the idea of Ryan in Buffalo, calling him a buffoon and overrated and such. Its hard to see through the prism of fan-hood sometimes and the coach of the hated Jets is to be hated. After today, I am bought in. He had me hooked at "bully". Yeah!

Some years ago I had a sales manager that worked for me who garnered a reputation in the company because of his relentless competitiveness which drove him to be demanding and relentless in getting whatever he needed to succeed. We used to say (with all respect) "he may be an ****ole, but he is our ****ole". I was reminded of that today.

Seriously, I do not know how any Bills fan could listen to Ryan today and not be thrilled that he is ours. Have we ever had a coach with this kind of confidence, this kind of attitude, this kid of personality? I can't recall one. I know the last high profile coach we hired was probably Chuck Knox. The coaching carousel in Buffalo has not even risen above mediocre since Wade Phillips. Never have we had the combination of profile, confidence, ability, and enthusiasm that we saw displayed today.

We will certainly debate ad nauseam over the coming months and the coming season every aspect of the team, every decision, and every aspect of the head coach's decisions. I have no idea if the Bills will be successful or not, although I am optimistic. It cannot be denied though that this is going to be fun. I think we turned a corner today and count myself among the converted. Get on board Bills fans - its going to be a hell of ride.

+1000

I slightly overreacted, very negatively, when Rex was originally announced as coach. But as a couple days have passed, and my hatred of Rex's loud mouth and arrogance, fueled by my hatred of all things Jets, has had a chance to calm down, I'm liking this more and more.

That arrogance and cockiness sure sounds a lot more like confidence when it's on your side.

I don't like this bully stuff. Neither Ryan nor the Bills have proven anything. The last thing we need is to give other teams a reason to want to shut us up.

We need to walk before we run. These theatrics took the Jets somewhere the first two years, but then they almost became a joke because of his behavior.

Good for spotlight, bad for a team trying to establish itself

I don't like this bully stuff. Neither Ryan nor the Bills have proven anything. The last thing we need is to give other teams a reason to want to shut us up.

We need to walk before we run. These theatrics took the Jets somewhere the first two years, but then they almost became a joke because of his behavior.

We were bullying teams the whole season on defense already. Now he wants the offensive line to catch up.

Ryan has a ring, he has proven plenty. And this defense last year beat people up.

We're already bullies. Step down from the ledge, brother, it'll be okay. Things are pointed up! :beer:

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan escapes Planet Idzik to flash his bravado again in Bills introductory press conference #nyj http://t.co/pVOZw3MHsy

@ChrisBrownBills: Our sit down interview w/ #Bills new HC Rex Ryan. What he's learned about coaching young QBs & a lot more. Watch - http://t.co/L9Tub6yOYy

Edited by YoloinOhio

and for the record I watched Mike F today, he said the press conference today was identical to the one Ryan had when he got hired by the Jets 6 years ago, and he like everyone else is entitled to his opinion, and from what I have heard him say in the past he likes Ryan, so what does that tell you, finally people call others names on this site, when they don't agree with posts, that's pretty juvenile, in my opinion

Thanks for going on record with that.