Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prior to the 2013 season, most considered the Jets to have less talent than any team in the league, but somehow managed to go 8-8. This past year, the did make some additions with free agents and trade, but by all accounts had a terrible draft. It seems the lack of talent caught up with them.

they were playing a converted LB at CB. Their secondary was a joke and they had TWELVE draft picks in 2014 and did nothing with them.

The horror?!?! He should be fired immediately.

[by the way, I follow football pretty closely, but never heard that about Hue and wonder if he borrowed that from someone else . . . .]

As an aside, we Bills fans have been calling ourselves the 12th Man for years. Are we lame because Texas A&M supposedly came up with it and have trademarked it?

Just Google the phrase, and you will see that was his catchphrase when he took over the Raiders. The reason I worded it as "associated" as opposed to "originated" with him, is because I don't know if he originated it, but I do know it mainly associated with him. Maybe you can find a prior use of the phrase somewhere. I cannot.

Yeah, the "12th Man" thing...by now it is so common that everyone that uses it is off the hook. But the 2nd team (was it the BIlls, I don't know) that started using it was in fact being lame.

Regardless, I don't need the "down home, wings and beer, he's one of us" angle pushed in my face all off-season. I'm pretty sure that is going to be the case, and it's patronizing.

These annoying old wash women complaining on Facebook that Rex said bullies is really embarrassing.

Whhaat? They're a fricking professional football team. They are supposed to be bullies on the field.

they were playing a converted LB at CB. Their secondary was a joke and they had TWELVE draft picks in 2014 and did nothing with them.

Here was the "bottom line" from SI's 2013 NYJ season preview. 8-8 was truly miraculous.

The Jets could very well have the worst offense west of whatever inland town is next to Oakland. It will create more slack than this defense has carried before. And this is a defense that no longer has veteran star power or great depth.

So, rather than keep Schwartz's defense alive and kicking we should entrust him to improve upon the top five defense he had nothing to do with while he coached a last place team? Oh, I get it.

What was the score when the Patriots visited Buffalo?

So, rather than keep Schwartz's defense alive and kicking we should entrust him to improve upon the top five defense he had nothing to do with while he coached a last place team? Oh, I get it.

Are defense was nothing till Pettine got here, which is the same D we are running now.

Besides we want to be number 1

" we want to be a nightmare to play against."

that was the line that I liked the most (yep came from the owner).

"This fan base deserves a loyal coach." said Rex

Shot straight at Doug Morron!

Edited by KRT88

I have to admit that when Coach Tuesday called the shot back in October I posted that I hated the idea of Ryan in Buffalo, calling him a buffoon and overrated and such. Its hard to see through the prism of fan-hood sometimes and the coach of the hated Jets is to be hated. After today, I am bought in. He had me hooked at "bully". Yeah!

Some years ago I had a sales manager that worked for me who garnered a reputation in the company because of his relentless competitiveness which drove him to be demanding and relentless in getting whatever he needed to succeed. We used to say (with all respect) "he may be an ****ole, but he is our ****ole". I was reminded of that today.

Seriously, I do not know how any Bills fan could listen to Ryan today and not be thrilled that he is ours. Have we ever had a coach with this kind of confidence, this kind of attitude, this kid of personality? I can't recall one. I know the last high profile coach we hired was probably Chuck Knox. The coaching carousel in Buffalo has not even risen above mediocre since Wade Phillips. Never have we had the combination of profile, confidence, ability, and enthusiasm that we saw displayed today.

We will certainly debate ad nauseam over the coming months and the coming season every aspect of the team, every decision, and every aspect of the head coach's decisions. I have no idea if the Bills will be successful or not, although I am optimistic. It cannot be denied though that this is going to be fun. I think we turned a corner today and count myself among the converted. Get on board Bills fans - its going to be a hell of ride.

Seriously, I do not know how any Bills fan could listen to Ryan today and not be thrilled that he is ours.

Very easily: I've known more than enough people who talk a good game, but can't hack it when the time comes.

Which is not to say I'm down on having Ryan coaching the Bills...just that talk is talk, and the jury's out until I see the product on the field.

I got goose bumps from listening to Rex. God im so excited.

People can say what they want about Rex, but theres something to be said about how bad of a season the Jets had last year and id say, living in the nyc area, the large MAJORITY of nyc sports reporters and fans didnt think/want rex to be fired.