Stop trying to reach the ball over the goal line!

After yesterday's Dez Bryant fiasco, this is a rule I would strictly enforce if I was an HC. Unless it's 4th and goal, it just isn't worth it. So many of these guys are getting the ball punched out, or fumbling it through the end zone it seems. RJ 3 had it happen against the Giants, and Sammy almost did the same thing against the Phins, just to name a couple of examples.

You can tell that's what Dez was trying to do, rather than just secure the catch.

If they don't stretch for goal line they can't score the touchdown and if they don't score the touchdown then they can't do a stupid please notice me I was the one who scored dance

Edited by Max997

I disagree, had his hand been over the goal line it would have been a td if he dropped it. My bigger issue is with giving refs discretion with calls, I still don't see how that should not be a catch, the ball stayed in his hands when he hit the ground which caused it to move. He still caught the ball and took a few steps

I don't give a crap whether the call was right, wrong or in between. That it happened to Dez Bryant and the Cowboys after last weeks gimme game makes me so damn happy I could care less. And I am all for the integrity of the game, which in this case is fine because it wasn't a catch.

!@#$ you Dallas

After yesterday's Dez Bryant fiasco, this is a rule I would strictly enforce if I was an HC. Unless it's 4th and goal, it just isn't worth it. So many of these guys are getting the ball punched out, or fumbling it through the end zone it seems. RJ 3 had it happen against the Giants, and Sammy almost did the same thing against the Phins, just to name a couple of examples.

You can tell that's what Dez was trying to do, rather than just secure the catch.

So basically your response if you were a HC is don't go for the score, play it safe and lets kick the field goal if needed? I don't see the logic in that. I want my guys going for the score, not trying to play it safe

Exactly right.

Of course, the real issue is the existence of the NFL's indefensibly stupid rules, but that aside, Dez could have easily secured the ball and had first and goal at the one.

Sammy was lucky they didn't overturn that TD against Miami. That could have gone either way.

I don't give a crap whether the call was right, wrong or in between. That it happened to Dez Bryant and the Cowboys after last weeks gimme game makes me so damn happy I could care less. And I am all for the integrity of the game, which in this case is fine because it wasn't a catch.

!@#$ you Dallas

I don't like Dallas either, but I'm not going to celebrate yet another example of bad rules and bad refs combining to ruin what was a great football game.

Great job NFL. The two most talked about plays in your playoffs both involve the officials. Way to 'get it right'. <_<

So basically your response if you were a HC is don't go for the score, play it safe and lets kick the field goal if needed? I don't see the logic in that. I want my guys going for the score, not trying to play it safe

if you are completing a 30 yard pass to the 1 yard line, no dont go for the score if it is going to risk 1st and goal from the 1.

Exactly right.

Of course, the real issue is the existence of the NFL's indefensibly stupid rules, but that aside, Dez could have easily secured the ball and had first and goal at the one.

Sammy was lucky they didn't overturn that TD against Miami. That could have gone either way.

I don't like Dallas either, but I'm not going to celebrate yet another example of bad rules and bad refs combining to ruin what was a great football game.

Great job NFL. The two most talked about plays in your playoffs both involve the officials. Way to 'get it right'. <_<

football gods making it right, keeping dallas out.

As someone who watches 7 hours of redzone channel every Sunday, A LOT more TDs result from guys sticking out the ball the turnovers are created by it. This isn't high school football, even plays from inside the 1 can be very difficult to sneak/run in and there's no guaranteed tds in the red zone.

Not exactly... I would rather it be 2nd and goal (or whatever down) from the 1 foot line-which is basically what is being gained by stretching it away from your body- rather than a turnover.

I would also hazard to say that 99% of the time a guy who scores while stretching it out would have done so just keeping it tucked.

No, his response is to understand the situation and react accordingly.

football gods making it right, keeping dallas out.

More like the real football gods (the rules committee) continuing to ruin football.

Plus, if nobody beats NE it will prove that Satan is in charge anyway.

Yeah but 99% of the time they are going to score a TD anyways being first & goal at the 1 inch line. I see the OP's point. Bottomline was if Bryant didn't try to reach out for the goalline he would of been able to secure the ball. It would of been better for Dallas too because they could of took more time off the clock. All they would have to do is sneak Romo & they would of had their td. Selfish play imo.