Meanwhile @ Gang Green: Jets fans react

I just went through that whole thread. For the most part it's a bunch of delusional Jets fans that think that the talent on the two teams is equivalent (it isn't). One guy even said that the D Lines are similar but the Jets have the 2 best D lineman. I was thinking to myself didn't this Bills have 2 of the 1st team All-Pro DL this year? And one on 2nd team? I think that Wilkerson & Richardson are good but they are closer to the Kyle Williams/Jerry Hughes tier than to the Mario/Marcell tier.

I just went through that whole thread. For the most part it's a bunch of delusional Jets fans that think that the talent on the two teams is equivalent (it isn't). One guy even said that the D Lines are similar but the Jets have the 2 best D lineman. I was thinking to myself didn't this Bills have 2 of the 1st team All-Pro DL this year? And one on 2nd team? I think that Wilkerson & Richardson are good but they are closer to the Kyle Williams/Jerry Hughes tier than to the Mario/Marcell tier.

and their LB and secondary weren't close to as talented this year.

Here's a sample of responses for those too lazy to check it out for yourselves.

Nothing like texts from all your friends at 8 AM on a Sunday mocking you because your team handed a division rival a huge coaching upgrade.

If that happens, I might be a little bit of a Bills fan.

Reading the bills message board, it's funny how they're mostly thrilled, yet when I checked their board when Marrone was fired, they were all screaming no to Rex. I guess all fans do this, but still funny

Don't know what to tell you if you don't think the Bills are in better position now than they were yesterday. And that position was already better than the Jets.

We got big problems here fellas.

I don't know what to tell you if you think Rex is anything to write home about as a HC. It's funny, because he's quickly become one of the more overrated head coaches in all of professional sports.

I never liked his ability to hire an offensive staff ,that would worry me if I'm a Bills fan

ex Ryan has signed a 5 Year contract with the Bills. My worst dream has come true again.... (Revis to Pats was my 1st)

Edited by hondo in seattle

All forums are delusional or at least semi-delusional. Even here the majority of posters have been delusional.

At least this time their delusions might turn to realities.

This is in the New Coach Thread Mike from Horseheads posted it - it is a damn good read though

http://nypost.com/2015/01/11/rex-ryan-is-now-the-jets-worst-nightmare/

"There will probably be a firestorm or two along the way — try not to flip anyone the bird, Rex — but the reward will be greater than the risk. The Bills will be a team no one will want to play. Buffalo Bullies."

All forums are delusional or at least semi-delusional. Even here the majority of posters have been delusional.

At least this time their delusions might turn to realities.

Yeah, I'm not sure that Rex will be the solution. At this point the Bills are certainly more talented than the Jets. The OL is probably the only place on the field that the Jets are better. QB is a coin flip (not that it is good for either team).

Yeah, I'm not sure that Rex will be the solution. At this point the Bills are certainly more talented than the Jets. The OL is probably the only place on the field that the Jets are better. QB is a coin flip (not that it is good for either team).

I also look at it this way - not only do we have more talent, I think that Rex is a better coach (and will put together a better staff) than Marrone. Marrone almost got us into the playoffs. The more I reflect on it, the more I like the move...

Proof's in the pudding, though.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/11/rex-ryan-is-now-the-jets-worst-nightmare/

"The Bills must let Rex be Rex.

Even if it means that he shows up talking about shaking hands with the president at his introductory press conference.

Turn him loose, and let him blow into One Bills Drive and send out storm warnings to the rest of the AFC East."

Edited by Beef Jerky

He also never had games as good as Geno's last game. Yeah, meaningless game and all that, but still...jury's still out on the Geno's vs.EJ thing.

neither is good, yet. EJ's ceiling is probably lower in some ways but Genos basement is lower. EJ did have a very good game against the Jets his rookie year. Not a meaningless game either. Edited by YoloinOhio

OK so this is awesome to look at! Thanks PTR :beer:

*Yawn* Did our owner take off his clown make-up yet?

They beat the $hit out of us twice this year and just got better. Why would that be primetime TV?

Hilarious..next it will be Revis to the Bills. And there will be 2 or maybe 3 teams in the division we will never beat again.

Yall over here talking like they didn't wreck us twice this year... Get your rose colored glasses off and look at the reality of the situation... The AFC East just got that much harder.. This guy has a secondary now.

All buffalo needs is a QB and they instantly challenge the patriots for the East. That defense is stacked... Offense skill positions stacked... Don't be surprised if they give up the house a la the Redskins to get into the first round and grab a QB.

You feel betrayed? Are you $%itting me? Really?? Rex Ryan went to the Buffalo Bills because he felt betrayed...he went to the Bills so he could, on purpose, kick the NY Jets ass 2 x EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I honestly believe that even if Atlanta had offered him the job...49'ers...the minute the Bills offered him the gig it was a done deal. In recent memory I can think of no other coach that got his child hood dream as much as this guy did and it was taken from him by circumstances beyond his control...and our dubious owner let it happen...Hell...they beat the hell out of us with a aging, average journeyman QB. It's been argued that Manuel's regression was as much on Marrone as anyone and with Trestman who knows how well he could do.

Guess the Jets have the same convo as our board:

Watkins will actually get the ball unlike how Marrone ignored him....he's gonna be successful..

Shaky Watkins?That guys gonna be a beast with a decent QB

He can be a very good WR but i mean under 1k yards. This team gave up 2 1st rounders for this guy. He should be having an OBJ season

I was with you until this....... NO ONE thought those guys were as good, or close to Watkins entering the draft, and still arent, but yes, that trade up was a poor decision, regardless

Edited by Reed83HOF

You know perspective. We hated Rex and everything he stood for too when he was coaching against us. On and off the field. Now, I am not sure what to think. I think he's the best coach we'll have since Wade Phillips for sure. I just hope we don't become the bottom of the barrel in terms of class as an organization. I hope The Pegulas can keep him in line off the field.

This was obviously a move to keep us relevant and make life miserable for Tommy Boy twice a season. On the whole, you can't argue we got the best coach available.

C