Unhappy 15th anniversary of the Music City Miracle

YoloinOhio

You mean completing 2 passes for 23 yards as part of a glorious 38 yard drive?!?!?! We should have milked the clock to no time (before kicking the FG), but with RJ's lack of pocket presence there was no way to trust him not getting sacked again......

All I remember is not playing Flutie, Johnson completing a pass without a shoe, Christie's kick and the forward lateral. Like I said, I was 16 then, the rest of high school and college killed a lot of non essential brain cells.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh ... painful memory.

That was the first time my Italian girlfriend had observed me watching a Bills game (during the regular season I had wisely chosen to watch the games without her at the Bills Fan Club at The Harp bar in Boston). I don't think she had ever seen an "Amereecan" football game before -- and let's just say I did not put on a very good show for her at the bloody end. Luckily she still married me later.

Now we live in Italy, 6 hours ahead of EST, so I have to keep my ritual post-game cursing to myself to avoid waking the kids …

But I choose to remember the good aspects of that Tennessee game. In particular, the Bills D (god, I loved that '99 defense!) completely dominated McNair. Also, I'll never forget Antowain Smith ripping off that savage long run at the start of the second half, just dragging guys along. I always thought Wade Philips gave up too soon on Smith, who then had a couple of good years in NE. As for Rob Johnson ... &$#@!!

Edited by Stranded in Boston

We were burying my wife's grandmother that day, so we set up the game to record on, yes, a VCR.

After the burial we returned to someone's house for post-services eating, never thinking for a moment that anyone would be in the house watching a football game. Thankfully, I stopped outside the house to have a smoke while my wife went in. She immediately returned to tell me that, remarkably, the game was on, but almost over, so just finish my smoke and she'll let me know when it's over.

She returned shortly after and said, "It's okay. They just kicked a field goal to go ahead and there's only 16 seconds left, so you can come in now."

We were burying my wife's grandmother that day, so we set up the game to record on, yes, a VCR.

After the burial we returned to someone's house for post-services eating, never thinking for a moment that anyone would be in the house watching a football game. Thankfully, I stopped outside the house to have a smoke while my wife went in. She immediately returned to tell me that, remarkably, the game was on, but almost over, so just finish my smoke and she'll let me know when it's over.

She returned shortly after and said, "It's okay. They just kicked a field goal to go ahead and there's only 16 seconds left, so you can come in now."

Oh god no that story... That last sentence... I think that is the worst way to see the ending. "It's okay. They just kicked a field goal to go ahead and there's only 16 seconds left, so you can come in now."

Heartbreaking

nothing to remarkable but i do remember it clearly. I was at my then-girlfriend's apt. God bless her she got seriously into the Bills really fast after having never paid attention to football in her life.

After that last field goal she's like "we got'em now, right?!" I said "well, we still gotta cover this kick..."

un!@#$ingbelievable. that was a good team too. My favorite Bills defense of all time.

I was at my friend's house. Even then, I knew to never celebrate until the coaches shook hands. But it hurt. I was in another world for about 5-10 minutes. No emotion. Just staring.

Thanks for bringing it up! :thumbsup:

Wow. That's downright terrible. Think I'll go get drunk now.