Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

33 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's becoming quite obvious that you are unaware that "terrorism" has a specific definition, and that you are substituting "Something bad and scary that is inflicted lots of people by another person/people" for that definition.

No, he's perfectly aware of what he's doing. He's using the narrative of "white people are evil, moreso than any brown" into a worldview to rationalize that  we should accept browns (especially muslim browns) into the country unchecked.

39 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's becoming quite obvious that you are unaware that "terrorism" has a specific definition, and that you are substituting "Something bad and scary that is inflicted lots of people by another person/people" for that definition.

Most people's working definition is "a crime that scares people."

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

No, he's perfectly aware of what he's doing. He's using the narrative of "white people are evil, moreso than any brown" into a worldview to rationalize that  we should accept browns (especially muslim browns) into the country unchecked.

“You watch the news and you read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place. People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil. People are axe murderers and monsters and worse,” he wrote from Morrocco”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/crime/dc-couple-killed-isis-attack-tajikistan-cyclist/amp/

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

“You watch the news and you read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place. People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil. People are axe murderers and monsters and worse,” he wrote from Morrocco”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/crime/dc-couple-killed-isis-attack-tajikistan-cyclist/amp/

And then, he became ISIS BBQ.

Oh well. Darwin wins again.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And then, he became ISIS BBQ.

Oh well. Darwin wins again.

I agree with his premise that most people are actually good people.  But it is naive to assume that people can't become bad, either by being taught directly or just being surrounded by it.  They put themselves in a position where the numbers games was more likely to work against them, and it did.

Being surrounded by naïveté and assuming everyone is kind, was something they learned, either directly or because they were surrounded by it.  

Bad combo.

Reality is reality whether we want it to be or not.

14 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Should we just re-title this thread?

The last 10i(ish?) terrorist attacks here on our soil have been by Christians. 

Maybe I misunderstood this thread to mean it was focused on Islamic terrorism that occurs overseas? 

Uh, you're using the word "Christians" to refer to white people. How do you know the religious orientation of the Vegas shooter and what not?

Further, where in the Christian doctrine does Jesus state 'kill and rape them!' I mean, Jesus flipped a table one time. Tried to whip some bankers for taking advantage of currency issues, and he said something about trading a coat for a sword, but he never approved of raping and killing. The savage, Muhammad the Borrower however did. Why? Because western civilization failed to civilize his barbaric tribe. We failed to bring our glorious culture to those caveman, and Muhammad made up a story, and now we're dealing with the consequences.  

12 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Look at this guy.

He actually believes it. 

So so many idiots believe since he isn’t white but he gunned down 400.

I do actually believe it.  You can't call it a domestic terrorist attack if you can't determine the shooter's motive there genius.  If a Muslim refugee committed the same crime and you couldn't find a motive.......it wouldn't be a terrorist attack.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I do actually believe it.  You can't call it a domestic terrorist attack if you can't determine the shooter's motive there genius.  If a Muslim refugee committed the same crime and you couldn't find a motive.......it wouldn't be a terrorist attack.

I'm still inclined to say it's less "motive" and more "organization."  Terrorism traditionally isn't in support of a belief, it's in pursuit of some stated political goal.  Anyone can be angry and disaffected and commit a crime.  Terrorists pursue a greater purpose in their own minds.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Motive or intent?

22 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm still inclined to say it's less "motive" and more "organization."  Terrorism traditionally isn't in support of a belief, it's in pursuit of some stated political goal.  Anyone can be angry and disaffected and commit a crime.  Terrorists pursue a greater purpose in their own minds.

I agree, but my point was if you can't even determine the motive you can't call it a domestic terrorist attack

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Could still be true.  Iran's aerospace industry is surprisingly competent for such a small, isolated country.  These are the people that reverse-engineered the F-14 to build their own spare parts to get around the US embargo, and who retrofit Hawk SAMs to the Tomcat when they ran out of Phoenixes.  They're not  building any innovative 5G stealth fighters any time soon, but it's well within their capabilities to copy the F-5.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, DC Tom said:

Most people's working definition is "a crime that scares people."

DC Tom finally not an idiot. 

On 8/21/2018 at 4:30 PM, LABillzFan said:

Everything is skin color with leftists.

Everything.

Try harder. Do better. It's not difficult.

Yep, I’m sure you can do better. 

I believe in what is right. I believe in America. The fact that you see me as leftist speaks volumes about YOU as I am registered republican. 

Unless in your view the only people that care about racism are leftists?

Edited by Thurmal34

5 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

DC Tom finally not an idiot. 

Yep, I’m sure you can do better. 

I believe in what is right. I believe in America. The fact that you see me as leftist speaks volumes about YOU as I am registered republican. 

Unless in your view people that care about racism are leftists?

No, my view is that the only people who focus on skin color all the time are leftists.

But hey...at least you didn't say you're an independent, so you've got that going for you. Which is nice. :lol: