Jeremy Jacobs retires from Delaware North

Jacobs stepped down today from Delaware North. His two sons take over the reigns. He will still own the Bruins. But it makes you wonder if he and Terry and going to sit down at 716 and start to make some plans for the downtown stadium.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/01/06/jeremy-jacobs-steps-down-delaware-north-ceo-remains-bruins-chairman-and-owner/Cbw0afw82JpDsOFbPM8z7I/story.html

And begs the question, can you build/own two venues in two different sports and cities at the same time.

And begs the question, can you build/own two venues in two different sports and cities at the same time.

Depends on the venues.

Definitely not a football stadium and hockey arenas. Especially if they're named after banks. I'm sure Elizabeth Warren will investigate.

Edited by GG

Jacobs stepped down today from Delaware North. His two sons take over the reigns. He will still own the Bruins. But it makes you wonder if he and Terry and going to sit down at 716 and start to make some plans for the downtown stadium.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/01/06/jeremy-jacobs-steps-down-delaware-north-ceo-remains-bruins-chairman-and-owner/Cbw0afw82JpDsOFbPM8z7I/story.html

don't see why not, you're not part of league and you should be able to own as many buildings as you want.

Largest privately held company in the country. Jeremy has been doing something right all these years. My guess is the Jacobs have a ton to do with the new stadium. Would be their signature venue.

Yeah, I read that...Why does that make you feel they'll build a stadium?

Good call. Pegula. My mistake!

They wouldn't build the stadium. They would put some private money into the stadium, say 200-300-400 million, and the state and county would put in some, and then the Pegulas would put in the rest. Then it would be named Delaware North Stadium, or Delaware North Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and DN would get the concession rights for Sportservice.

They wouldn't build the stadium. They would put some private money into the stadium, say 200-300-400 million, and the state and county would put in some, and then the Pegulas would put in the rest. Then it would be named Delaware North Stadium, or Delaware North Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and DN would get the concession rights for Sportservice.

So they would invest 200-300 million to get concession rights and naming rights?

What's the time frame in turning a profit on a stadium used 10 times a year that is for a team you don't own?

Literally none of this makes sense to me, long term. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm genuinely curious.

So they would invest 200-300 million to get concession rights and naming rights?

What's the time frame in turning a profit on a stadium used 10 times a year that is for a team you don't own?

Literally none of this makes sense to me, long term. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm genuinely curious.

Levis just paid $230m for 11 years at the 49ers stadium. Reliant pays 10m a year. Others 9 and 8 m a year. Naming rights alone are expensive. In 2009 the concession contract for Phoenix Stadium was 13m per year on a 2 year deal.

We can't get 230m for 11 years but half that would be 200-250m alone over the life of the stadium.

Concession contracts would likely be well over 200-250m over life, too.

Delaware North is currently constructing a new HQ building in downtown Buffalo. They aren't leaving the area. Why would they not want concession & naming rights for a downtown Buffalo football stadium? Any idea how many stadiums, arenas & parks they currently have concessions rights for? Over 50. They generate billions a year in revenue. Naming rights=advertising. Concessions=profit. They want to make that kind of investment then that is good for the Bills. $18 beers and $10 hot dogs though.

Delaware North is currently constructing a new HQ building in downtown Buffalo. They aren't leaving the area. Why would they not want concession & naming rights for a downtown Buffalo football stadium? Any idea how many stadiums, arenas & parks they currently have concessions rights for? Over 50. They generate billions a year in revenue. Naming rights=advertising. Concessions=profit. They want to make that kind of investment then that is good for the Bills. $18 beers and $10 hot dogs though.

Spot on

This is exactly how it will work. Similar to First Niagara

Jacobs family are Buffalo people. To those who don't get the roi, tell me what you think about Pegula buying the Bills for 1.4B

That doesn't make sense to me and yet somewhere I read he at 6% growth or something he would be good after about ten years. Still doesn't make sense but it doesn't even need to for these guys. The are bang on about the area though. I've always said the Perry St projects. you take them down put it there and extend the train one stop to the stadium. None of that is ridiculously expensive to do either.

I really like the dn at Ralph Wilson stadium idea

don't see why not, you're not part of league and you should be able to own as many buildings as you want.

Don't be so sure...there are concession issues, parking, all of which are controlled by very specific rules across the various professional leagues. It may require a 2/3 vote of all owners who live in cities within a 642 mile radius of the prospective sites.