Overplayed his hand - M.Mehta with another gem

Reed83HOF

I loved Thurman's reaction to the news that Marrone opted out.. Too funny...

https://twitter.com/thurmanthomas/status/550426775478890498

They wouldn't care. The contract terms pass to the new owner. so Ralph's proxies never gave up anything.

BTW, these clauses are typically written into CEO contracts as "insurance" (with respect to the CEO) against "change of control events" such as company sales (i.e., where the new owner decides to shiittcan the previous management)...

I saw that right before my twitter feed blew up from the opt out...

awesome

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does anyone give a **** what Mehta has to say about anything, much less football? The guy's always had a bit of a screw loose, and given his history of bizarre behavior I'm not sure where he gets off throwing stones. And I don't care what he calls himself, as far as I'm concerned he's still Ron Artest.

Edited by Rob's House

Since when does anyone give a **** what Mehta has to say about anything, much less football? The guy's always had a bit of a screw loose, and given his history of bizarre behavior I'm not sure where he gets off throwing stones. And I don't care what he calls himself, as far as I'm concerned he's still Ron Artest.

:beer:

Marrone was drinking his agents kool-aid a little too much.

If you're a billionaire owner this what Dougie has show he cant do. Develop a young QB. Utilize CJ Spiller. Improve an offensive line. What he has shown is he's thin skinned, think anybody in the league believes the Buffalo media is tougher than larger cities? He's not real loyal. He's power hungry.

If Doug Marrone was QB instead of a coach he would be Rob Johnson or Scott Mitchell. A guy who had some success, but it wasnt as impressive as it looks and was more likely the result of being in the right place at the right time.

Yeah but all the stuff making it hard to move the team only came out after RW had died. So at the time this was signed, no one knew, well probably Littmann knew. Money wasn't going to come out of RW's pocket, so why would he care.

Wait, I thought Ralph made it impossible for the new owner to move the team?!?

Ron Artest is "The Panda's Friend" now isn't he?

From what I read today this is Marrone's offense. Doesn't matter who the OC is, this offense and the play calling is his baby and it is one hell of a fugly baby

Of course, as everyone is throwing Marrone under the Bus so why not his OC.

I'm going to go with the same thought that just like Marrone had no idea that Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz. Marrone lets his assistants do what they want, and that offense was all that arrogant prick Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett sucks, and called 50 passes a game when he wasn't running 71% up the middle.

I'm going to go with the same thought that just like Marrone had no idea that Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz. Marrone lets his assistants do what they want, and that offense was all that arrogant prick Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett sucks, and called 50 passes a game when he wasn't running 71% up the middle.

And you don't, in this wild deluded fantasy, think Marrone would stop him if he didn't want him to throw 50 passes a game?

It was Freddie actually. I am quite sure Marrone knew Hughes was off the field and am pretty sure it was him who benched him; you can't trust one thing that Marrone said while he was here - especially now.

I was very hard on Hackett for awhile, but the offensive philosophy and conservatism was all Dougie.

:lol: :lol: AMEN!

It was Freddie actually. I am quite sure Marrone knew Hughes was off the field and am pretty sure it was him who benched him; you can't trust one thing that Marrone said while he was here - especially now.

I was very hard on Hackett for awhile, but the offensive philosophy and conservatism was all Dougie.

i didn't think he would have thrown Pepper Johnson under the bus on that at the time. Saying it was his decision and he didn't run it by him.

But now I don't know.

i didn't think he would have thrown Pepper Johnson under the bus on that at the time. Saying it was his decision and he didn't run it by him.

But now I don't know.

I'd promote Schwartz, Pepper, and keep Hackett as OC. Watch the Bills make the Playoffs, and give a big FU to Doug. :thumbsup:

no, he had to listen to Mark May talk.

Same effect.

gotcha. Yeah, perhaps Mark May and Marrone can coach the Jets!

But now I don't know.

He never should have thrown a coach under the buss anyways; but then again he was concerned about his media rep...

I honestly have no idea on anything anymore - there is too much out there to make heads or tails of it...

Former Syracuse assistant coach rips Doug Marrone

During a local ESPN radio interview Monday, former Syracuse assistant coach Bob Casullo called out Marrone as being "self-centered, selfish and greedy.''

"I've told you guys this all along,'' Casullo said, reiterating his dislike of Marrone. "When he takes a job, he already has his plan in place for his next job.''

"Whoever gave him that three-day opt-out clause -- his agent is a genius and the person that signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot,'' said Casullo,

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/former-syracuse-assistant-coach-rips-doug-marrone-1.9776567