Fred Jackson discusses Marrone vs. Hackett

5 Wide

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marrones arrogence is ground breaking. max texting his players, and not a word to the Bills fans. Just a big FU too the team and the city. groundbreaking as far as arrogance goes.

I,cannot remember any other A-Hole that ever did that. karma will bite him.I wish nothing but failure in his professional life until he ends up in some chump college teams program.

marrones arrogence is ground breaking. max texting his players, and not a word to the Bills fans. Just a big FU too the team and the city. groundbreaking as far as arrogance goes.

I,cannot remember any other A-Hole that ever did that. karma will bite him.I wish nothing but failure in his professional life until he ends up in some chump college teams program.

The word is he didn't even do that. Bills players said they did not receive a text directly from him. He texted a guy in the personnel dept. and told that guy to fwd to team.

I don't think it's surprising Marrone handled it wrong. What this tells me is Marrone decided late that leaving the Bills made the best financial sense for him. I don't necessarily blame him for that and I am glad we're moving on without him.

But what about the guy who started the thread today, telling us we would be crazy not to keep Hackett??!!

You know what's not a simplified play? A slow-developing fake reverse throw-back screen, which we ran with no success every game this year.

In all seriousness, I bet you are right. Hackett probably had a lot more in his book of tricks, and marrone said, "let's just run 5 plays."

Hmm, 4 verticals didn't work that time? Let's switch it up and run 4 button hooks. If that fails, back to 4 verticals!

Love this quote when asked about Marrone:

""No, he's just gonna be another guy," Jackson said. "Obviously, we'll want to beat him when we play him. But it's not going to fuel or motivate us in any different capacity. He's just another guy now. He's not somebody that we're worried about what he's doing."

Marrone's epitaph in Buffalo: "Just another guy"

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 7m7 minutes ago

I've heard similar things. I'm a believer. MT @Eristotle23 former Syracuse coach told me Hackett is an offensive "genius." Held back

Listened to the morning show and came away a bit surprised at how adamant Joe B was on this subject...Personally I'm not buying it 100%...But based on Freddie's comments I guess there is at least some truth to it... B-)

Love this quote when asked about Marrone:

""No, he's just gonna be another guy," Jackson said. "Obviously, we'll want to beat him when we play him. But it's not going to fuel or motivate us in any different capacity. He's just another guy now. He's not somebody that we're worried about what he's doing."

Marrone's epitaph in Buffalo: "Just another guy"

Just another guy, acronym is Jag.

Given that Marrone was the head coach, I am not sure what Hackett could do (other than resign as OC).

If your Boss had been holding you back since college would you sit and take it? I wouldn't... The fact that Hackett seems like a yes man is disturbing.

Edited by Beef Jerky

That pretty much confirms what we all suspected anyway. Marrone was holding back Hackett as well as the offense. I hope he gets a chance to really prove himself to be a competent OC even if it has to be somewhere else (other than the AFC East).

That's what I was thinking, too. I would hate to see an up and coming coach get shafted because his hands were tied. However, I do not think he is ready for a head coaching gig just yet. I'd rather simply promote Schartz and let Hackett do his job without restrictions from a control freak. Buffalo could do all of these coaching searches and bring in a HC and still keep Hackett. A head coach like Reich, Bevell, or Gase....even Shanahan might not be a bad thing.

What I would like to see is Hackett get another shot, even if it is here. I just hope he has the good sense not to follow Marrone.