Rams owner ready to build an NFL stadium in L.A.

papazoid

it's so nice to NOT be a part of this conversation anymore.

According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, the news that seemed inevitable is out Kroenke plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, near the site of the old Hollywood Park race track.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/rams-owner-ready-to-build-an-nfl-stadium-in-l-a/

From the article: "But it appears Kroenke is ready to put a shovel in the ground and take them back to their roots."

Guess the author doesn't realize their roots are in Cleveland.

Any LA Bills fans here? I would love to hear what that will do to the traffic on the 405 and how excited you would be to drive up/down to Inglewood to see a game.

Better to say "are there any Bills fans from LA?" When you say the "LA Bills" it brings back bad memories of what might have been

Rams fans can't be happy today.

L.A. Rams fans might be.

Better to say "are there any Bills fans from LA?" When you say the "LA Bills" it brings back bad memories of what might have been

And images of fields of jasmine....

sounds like some serious posturing for a deal with St Louis at this point.

I hope Pegula takes into account the short shelf-life of some of these stadiums when planning the new Buffalo stadium. Need something built to last and upgradeable.

IMO the Rams belong in Los Angeles. Still kind of awkward in St Louis for me. If St Louis does lose the team, Im sure they will be given the opportunity to provide a stadium for expansion

Any LA Bills fans here? I would love to hear what that will do to the traffic on the 405 and how excited you would be to drive up/down to Inglewood to see a game.

I live close-ish (in LA terms) and I'd be excited. I can double dip with some poker at Hollywood Park and football for a nightcap, wouldn't be too bad.

it's so nice to NOT be a part of this conversation anymore.According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, the news that seemed inevitable is out Kroenke plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, near the site of the old Hollywood Park race track.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/rams-owner-ready-to-build-an-nfl-stadium-in-l-a/

The Bills were never in the LA conversation.

So he wants the city to pay for his St. Louis stadium or he's going to build a new one in LA? Who is paying for that one?

There will be no publicly funded LA stadium. If he can get St. Louis to build one, he's rather not pay for one. If he's paying, he's moving.

• 4 weeks later...