A Few Thoughts About The Bills, in no particular order......

Some of my comments will be repetitive in terms of my opinions over the years. If this bothers anyone, do feel free to ignore. In any event.....

1) Did you see the difference today between Luck and Dalton? It was clearly monumental. That said, Dalton is WAY better than Orton. Imo not even in the same league. This says a lot in terms of the Bills. Orton and EJ suck. Period. Yet, the team went 9-7.

2) Brandon needs to be fired. He is to be held responsible for hiring a sub-par coach to a contract which will cost the Pegulas 4 million or so. I saw a stat today.....The Bills were LAST in terms of scoring points inside the 2 minute warning before the half. I talked about this with BADOLBEELZ during the season. There is no excuse for this. Marrone is nothing but a Brandon crony. He is mediocre at best and I am glad to see him gone. "Obviously."

3) This will piss people off, but Fred Jackson, however loveable, is probably done. It hurts to say this but it's true. TJ Yeldon is a young Fred Jackson. They even look alike in terms of size, moves, and ability to catch and block. And he is 2 steps faster. I HATE wasting picks on running backs, but I have seen every game Yeldon has played. He would be a HUGE asset to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

4) Whaley, imo, gets his ass kissed on this board. I am not a Whaley hater, but I am not as in love with the guy as are many here. It truly pisses me off that we don't have a first round pick this year. I think the trade to take Watkins was ill advised. That said, Watkins is great imo, so I am unsure about how to judge Mr. Whaley. Bottom line is that we have a potentially great wide receiver with no QB. I think that this makes little sense but it CAN work I suppose.

5) John C, take note. Gilmore, at the end of the season, looked good. I am NOT, nor ever will be about top ten picks being used on corners, but imo Gilmore came a long way.

6) The Bills need to offer Hughes 50 million for 5 years and see what he says. He isn't a great player, but he is talented and imo smart. And of course he provides pass rush.

7) Keep Searcy!!!!!

8) John C, take note again.....CJ Spiller sucks. Against the Raiders, he missed two blocks on one play. He is virtually worthless. It's time to cut the chord my friend. He is an nexpensive bag of S%&t.

9) Rex Ryan went to the playoffs with a qb who sucks. On the worst day of his nlife he was a better coach than Marrone. I would be more than OK with Rex.

10 We desperately need guards. If Levitre really does get cut and is healthy, we should absolutely sign him. He was our best guard since Ruben Brown and I suspect that he has been playing hurt. We also need to draft one, perhaps 2.

11) If all you got to live for,

is what you left behind,

get yourself a powder charge

and seal that silver mine.

I lost my boots in transit babe,

A pile of smoking leather.

Nailed a retread to my feet

and prayed for better weather.

12) QB? I would take Cutler (at the right cost) and/or Mallett, AND a draft pick.

13) God bless you all, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#8. Yes

#12. Boooooo

Good seeing you Bill. Stay around

And yes, Brandon is an Eddie Haskell that got us into the Syracuse (Marrone) mess in the first place. He offers nothing to the organization (other than marketing I suppose).

Edited by BringBackFergy

Bill, welcome back! I agree with everything except perhaps 6 (keeping Hughes at all costs) and maybe 10 (bring back Levitre). The offense was so bad (and the D so good) that I think you've got to apply all discretionary money to improving it. Keep Jarius Wynn, maybe bring someone else in, but that Hughes money has to go to the offense. As for Levitre, sure, if he's cheap, but I'd be looking for younger/healthier talent. THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Bill, let me be the first to say we've missed you.

I have to agree with you about Freddy. I love his heart and his passion, but he likely is near done (if not there already). I also like TJ Yeldon and would love to see him on this team.

I think Whaley can do the job. Giving up what he did to get Sammy was clearly too much, but I do remember everyone saying that they now have a weapon for EJ to be a good QB. That clearly didn't happen, so the trade definitely didn't work like they had planned.

As for the QB, I'll disagree...I don't want Cutler. He's a big-time headache and has no desire. He needs a shrink for a head coach/coordinator and the Bills can't afford that. I would absolutely take a flyer on Mallett and maybe look at a QB in the later rounds of the draft.

I agree with sentiment on Russ maybe he can stay in LIMITED marketing role and no where near football decisions etc. Purging him and anyone left over on football side fromWilson ownership days should be gone. Whaley may be what we are stuck with right now and blew the trade this year. Other good receivers could have been had and still have our pick this year. Plus we have no QB to throw the ball to the new toy. maybe it's all the HC and OC fault so I will give him a pass that maybe this all works out but really concerns me. We need to rebuild the scouting department.

Some of my comments will be repetitive in terms of my opinions over the years. If this bothers anyone, do feel free to ignore. In any event.....

1) Did you see the difference today between Luck and Dalton? It was clearly monumental. That said, Dalton is WAY better than Orton. Imo not even in the same league. This says a lot in terms of the Bills. Orton and EJ suck. Period. Yet, the team went 9-7.

2) Brandon needs to be fired. He is to be held responsible for hiring a sub-par coach to a contract which will cost the Pegulas 4 million or so. I saw a stat today.....The Bills were LAST in terms of scoring points inside the 2 minute warning before the half. I talked about this with BADOLBEELZ during the season. There is no excuse for this. Marrone is nothing but a Brandon crony. He is mediocre at best and I am glad to see him gone. "Obviously."

3) This will piss people off, but Fred Jackson, however loveable, is probably done. It hurts to say this but it's true. TJ Yeldon is a young Fred Jackson. They even look alike in terms of size, moves, and ability to catch and block. And he is 2 steps faster. I HATE wasting picks on running backs, but I have seen every game Yeldon has played. He would be a HUGE asset to the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

4) Whaley, imo, gets his ass kissed on this board. I am not a Whaley hater, but I am not as in love with the guy as are many here. It truly pisses me off that we don't have a first round pick this year. I think the trade to take Watkins was ill advised. That said, Watkins is great imo, so I am unsure about how to judge Mr. Whaley. Bottom line is that we have a potentially great wide receiver with no QB. I think that this makes little sense but it CAN work I suppose.

5) John C, take note. Gilmore, at the end of the season, looked good. I am NOT, nor ever will be about top ten picks being used on corners, but imo Gilmore came a long way.

6) The Bills need to offer Hughes 50 million for 5 years and see what he says. He isn't a great player, but he is talented and imo smart. And of course he provides pass rush.

7) Keep Searcy!!!!!

8) John C, take note again.....CJ Spiller sucks. Against the Raiders, he missed two blocks on one play. He is virtually worthless. It's time to cut the chord my friend. He is an nexpensive bag of S%&t.

9) Rex Ryan went to the playoffs with a qb who sucks. On the worst day of his nlife he was a better coach than Marrone. I would be more than OK with Rex.

10 We desperately need guards. If Levitre really does get cut and is healthy, we should absolutely sign him. He was our best guard since Ruben Brown and I suspect that he has been playing hurt. We also need to draft one, perhaps 2.

11) If all you got to live for,

is what you left behind,

get yourself a powder charge

and seal that silver mine.

I lost my boots in transit babe,

A pile of smoking leather.

Nailed a retread to my feet

and prayed for better weather.

12) QB? I would take Cutler (at the right cost) and/or Mallett, AND a draft pick.

13) God bless you all, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain to me what Ryan Mallett has done in the NFL to warrant so many people here clamor ing for him?

I've been thinking that next year will most likely be the last year for both Freddie and Kyle W. Freddie still has great value as a 3rd down back, and he's not going to cost them a lot to keep, so I think he will still be on the roster in 2015 for his swan song. I believe it is the last year of his contract.

Kyle...the trooper...will most likely be done (with the Bills) after the 2015 season too. Two reasons: his 2006 cap hit is too high (yes, he could restructure), but I think the main reason is that Stefan Charles will supplant him next year, maybe not at first, but by the end. Charles should be ready to break out next year, which might even make the line better.

Buffalo Bills 2015, It's a mad, mad world...

Bill, let me be the first to say we've missed you.

As for the QB, I'll disagree...I don't want Cutler. He's a big-time headache and has no desire. He needs a shrink for a head coach/coordinator and the Bills can't afford that. I would absolutely take a flyer on Mallett and maybe look at a QB in the later rounds of the draft.

First of all, thank you very much.

The thing that strikes me about Cutler is that he was on a team with (imo) a Gailey type head coach. More of an intellectual than a head coach. And, his best receiver is a self professed sufferer of Borderline Personality Disorder. NOT GOOD. And the TE is crazy too.

You know, we did make the trade for Watkins. It's a done deal. Imo, Cutler could hit him with 70 yard fly patterns but who really knows?

Re: 2

I agree, Brandon shoulders a lot of the blame for bringing Marrone in and putting the fun in the dysfunction that it looks like our team was the past year plus. However, the opt out clause is not his alone.

First of all, the guy drawing up contracts shares, at least, equal fault. Secondly, these types of clauses are common given the circumstances during Marrone's hire. I wouldn't be surprised if Chan had a similar clause. At the time, there was zero assurance of our future, either in terms of owner or team location. So, they probably had to give whomever they hired some assurance that they wouldn't be screwed if ownership changed.

5. I keep seeing people regretting the loss of our #1 pick this year, because we need a QB desperately. While, I would love to have our pick back AND I think there's a valid argument we could have had a similar WR (Beckham) and this year's pick, the idea that it would help us get a QB doesn't follow. Unless someone can state who this great QB is that we would pick with our first round pick this year.

Always good to see you posting, Bill.

Welcome back Bill.

Freddy looked like he was running in quicksand this year. I love him but his days are numbered.

The Watkins trade/pick will be debated until the end of days.

I think Marrone ruined Spiller. That said, CJ can't block worth a lick.

Marrone's lasting legacy will be that of an insufferable, power-hungry douchebag.

Find a good coach and Go Bills!

I'm not sure about Rex Ryan or Levitre but agree with everything else. Cutler is the best option out there. He's far from perfect but the Bills have a very good D and strong special teams and as we know no qb or 1st rd pick.

You do realize that if Marrone was fired, like many wanted him to be, the Bills would owe him $8MM?

No, nor did I comment about it Promo. And thanks for the info. It makes Brandon look even more idiotic.

I liken Brandon to a barker at a circus or carnival. The Pegulas paid 1.4 bil. to own this team. Certainly they can do better than this.

That said, I am not trying to convince you to dislike what Brandon has done to this football team. Moreover, I enjoy your posts. If we agreed on everything this board would suck, rather than be the best place on the web to discuss the Buffalo Bills Football Team with those who have an informed, sincere opinion.