we're NOT doomed

papazoid

the sky is falling, the sky is falling (sarcasm)

#1- the relocation gorilla is off our backs.

#2- we didn't finish last in our division for the first time in 7 years.

#3- we are $50 million under the cap.

#4- kim and terry are actively involved in the coaching search.

things are looking up to me.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are $50M under the cap? Have a link?

Also, I'd add

#5-the defense and st's should return entirely intact, assuming they re-sign Hughes (Spikes they can let go and not miss too much since they have Kiko coming back).

the sky is falling, the sky is falling (sarcasm)[/size]#1- the relocation gorilla is off our backs.[/size]#2- we didn't finish last in our division for the first time in 7 years.[/size]#3- we are $50 million under the cap.[/size]

#4- kim and terry are actively involved in the coaching search.[/size]things are looking up to me. [/size]

I thought it is more like 16 to 18 under the cap?

$140 mil - projected 2015 cap

$110 mil - current active contracts & dead money

$30 mil - avail cap

$10 mil - of the current active contracts I'm NOT counting the following players: Spiller ($4.3), Lawson ($3.1), Rivers ($2.2), others.

$10 mil - carryover (pulled this number out of my azz)

$50 mil - Total avail cap space

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2015/

Pretty much this!! We are heading in the right direction.

#6 - a new stadium is on the horizon

Booooo....

The idea of a new stadium with my taxpayer dollars (it's inevitable) that'll drive up my ticket costs isn't cause for celebration for me. Now, if Pegula wants to pay for it with his own money and keep my ticket prices in line with where they are, I'm in!!!

Is there a reason you think the bolded is a good thing? Do they have a wealth of football knowledge that I am unaware of?

They are hardly doomed... But this is an important decision that they need to get right... I have to wonder what Polian had to say about Whaley though... Rumor was that AJ Smith may have joined Polian if he had come here... Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of Whaley to me... So where should Pegula be getting his advice from? Can he really trust Whaley to find the next coach? If Shanahan came here wouldn't he want his own guy as GM? And what are the chances of Schwartz staying if someone new comes in from outside the organization? It's gonna get interesting...

Edited by DefenseWins

If AJ Smith would have been part of the equation as was just noted, then AJ ran the Chargers into the ground, vs. keeping Marty ball after a 14-2 season. He let a lot of talent go, and made some poor choices.

We're not doomed at all, but these decisions over the next couple of months are critical. I'm not one to want to keep blowing it up, so I'm hopeful we give Whaley more time to keep building his team, let him make most of the call on a coach and give that coach at least three years to get the program in order. If Whaley pulls off a decent QB for us in free agency (I've already said a bunch of times my votes is Foles as they won't tag him, and he is an unrestricted free agent so we can out bid Philly) Besides, it's been reported over and over again Chip Kelly is not a big fan, but just dealt with the best he had at the time.

Dougey, build us a nice coaching structure and work your magic with finding those gems as you have done for the last couple of years.

Marrone is easily replaceable and in fact easily improved upon.

If we do our homework and bring in a good one, this team will not miss a beat in the HC department.

Mark my words!

Also: if they can find a QB who is just a notch or 2 better than Kyle Orton, we could be in the playoffs next year.

Way too early to predict doom and gloom. We have to see how a bunch of things start to play out over a period of months.

Edited by Stopthepain

:thumbsup: I'm cool!

#8 - We didn't get Bill Polian. Contrary to what many believe, this is actually a good thing that he backed out. An old 72 year old isn't what the Bills need right now. See that Marv Levy experiment as a reason why it wouldn't have worked.

You do realize that to legitimize this argument we would be looking to hire Polian as our HC....