Head Coach candidate: Nick Saban

The Nick-tator needs complete control to be effective. In college he can Nick-Tate the heck out of everything and he is great at it. Recruiting, player behavior, schedule, etc he controls it all in college. He can't Nicktate his own terms in the NFL. That and he is much older than he looks. I don't see him returning.

Pasadena on Saban.

I don't know what coach would want this job with the Bills QB situation. Impossible to do anything in this league without a competent QB.

I believe, all of a sudden, this became a plum job. The Bills won 9 games (easily should have been more) with zero offense. Just a marginal improvement in that area should immediately make them a contender. Plus they have a new owner with deep pockets.

Edited by The Dean

Pasadena on Saban.

I believe, all of a sudden, this became a plum job. The Bills won 9 games (easily should have been more) with zero offense. Just a marginal improvement in that area should immediately make them a contender. Plus they have a new owner with deep pockets.

I hate when people say "easily should be more" b.c the exact same can be said for losing games.

I hate when people say "easily should be more" b.c the exact same can be said for losing games.

Except you're not accounting for the talent level. So that means except for coaching, it easily should be more.

How about "should have been more"? Don't like that? How about 9-7 with zero offense? That do it for you. Or should we subtract a game or two from the win total.

And what does that small phrase have to do with whether or not the Bills are a very good opportunity for a HC this year? Because (News Flash!), typically teams with great QBs aren't looking for a new HC.

And what does that small phrase have to do with whether or not the Bills are a very good opportunity for a HC this year?

Actually I would say the Bills are probably the worst coaching destination this year. No QB and no #1 pick are huge factors, and Buffalo is typically a tough sell for free agents (compared to NYC, Chicago, San Fran & Atlanta). When you factor in the unknown of new ownership and possible churn in some upper level front office positions, it raises even more questions. We're probably closer to 6-10 than we are to the playoffs.

Then again, if Pegula writes a big enough check none of that really matters.

Anyhow, to stay on topic -- NO to Nick Saban.

Edited by QCity

I think we all know that Bama isn't Saban's last coaching job. And we know for sure that he has no qualms about reneging on a promise. But if he comes back to the NFL I can't see it in Buffalo. Atlanta? San Francisco? Jets? Those wouldn't shock me.

money talks

not sure how will do in the NFL again, although it worked for Pete Carrol, so why not, can't be any worse than Maroon.

The Nick-tator needs complete control to be effective. In college he can Nick-Tate the heck out of everything and he is great at it. Recruiting, player behavior, schedule, etc he controls it all in college. He can't Nicktate his own terms in the NFL. That and he is much older than he looks. I don't see him returning.

Parcells did

Both valid points- I believe he'd be the second oldest nfl coach the day he signed, behind only Tom coughlin (Pete Carroll would be close). He's older than chan gailey even.