Head Coach Candidate: Gary Kubiak

Mr. WEO

Forget Schwartz (proven he is a good DC, no reason to waste HC on him).

Forget Reich (not proven good at anything significant yet).

Kubiak is our man. Solid offensive mind. A QB who can help EJ in a make or break season.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

If we are going with under-achieving retreads, I would just assume go with Schwartz.

Schwartz is a buffoon compared to Kubiak, IMO. I love him as a DC, but not head coach. An offensive mind like Kubiak would be a good move.

Plus, I can do without the whole 'carry me off the field' charade.

If we are going with under-achieving retreads, I would just assume go with Schwartz.

I disagree. Kubiak is the guy we want. He is ten times the offensive mind that pea-brained Marrone was. Schwartz is a decent DC, but he lost the locker room in Detroit and the owners took notice.

Does it really matter who without a QB? Just consider that. Everyone calls guys like Kubiak "offensive geniuses" because why, they manage to be close to .500 eve year with subpar QBs. Guy had one winning record as a head coach. It comes down to a QB, that's it. Give me anyone and a franchise QB. Give me Vince Lombardi and fill-in-the-blank mediocre QB and you have mediocre team.

The Ravens are not letting him interview with teams as of right now and it was kind of alarming how the Ravens could not run the ball effectively this year.

I wouldn't mind the choice, though you would have to check his overall health. If we bring him and retain Schwartz as the DC I think I would be excited.

Does it really matter who without a QB? Just consider that. Everyone calls guys like Kubiak "offensive geniuses" because why, they manage to be close to .500 eve year with subpar QBs. Guy had one winning record as a head coach. It comes down to a QB, that's it. Give me anyone and a franchise QB. Give me Vince Lombardi and fill-in-the-blank mediocre QB and you have mediocre team.

Nice try. He had 3 winning seasons in Houston. Matt Schaubb was his QB. He had 2 playoff seasons and advanced in each.

Interesting idea WEO. He wouldn't be my first choice I don't think but I think we could do a lot worse. Always been able to get play action going wherever he has been and I think that could help EJ (if he starts next season a top of the depth chart) by cutting down to some half field reads.

Didn't he win a playoff game with TJ Yates as the starting QB?

Yes. 2011 against the Bengals

Interesting idea WEO. He wouldn't be my first choice I don't think but I think we could do a lot worse. Always been able to get play action going wherever he has been and I think that could help EJ (if he starts next season a top of the depth chart) by cutting down to some half field reads.

If the Ravens go deep, every team looking will want him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If the Ravens go deep, every team looking will want him.

I don't know. Not sure how many of the teams currently looking are in the market for retreads... but I do think that an experienced guy would be a good fit here. Could he work with Schwartz? If so that seems a solid combination to me.

2 Super Bowl wins as an offensive coordinator. Yes, he had Elway (an end of career Elway), but his teams always, always, always ran the ball and blocked effectively. He would be a good choice. And as we saw with Houston, he can get the most out of quarterback like Schaub, which, unfortunately, looks like the type of quarterback we'll wind up with in 2015.

I don't know. Not sure how many of the teams currently looking are in the market for retreads... but I do think that an experienced guy would be a good fit here. Could he work with Schwartz? If so that seems a solid combination to me.

I'd be happy with Kubiak and Schwartz, but not sure Schwartz would stick around if he doesn't get the HC gig. I could also live with Ryan as DC in such a case (and assuming he doesn't go to TV as has been rumored).