Head Coach Candidate: Adam Gase

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they retain Schwartz as DC if Gase is the new coach? Seems like a power struggle waiting to happen if they do.

Wouldn't it be power struggle if they hire Frank Reich or anyone else? If schwartz have no problem being a DC. I think Gase would be a nice fit in buffalo. Only problem is that we don't have a QB and the Oline needs to be fix.

Wouldn't it be power struggle if they hire Frank Reich or anyone else? If schwartz have no problem being a DC. I think Gase would be a nice fit in buffalo. Only problem is that we don't have a QB and the Oline needs to be fix.

Yes, I think that it would be if Frank or anyone who is a younger guy gets the HC nod and Schwartz wants it, but is denied.

Maybe not, but the ego of a coach like Schwartz who has been around for awhile is a hard thing to judge in a situation like this one.

Shouldn't they be interviewing Manning then?

+1

I never understand how everyone wants the OCs who coach franchise QBs to come to a new team with garbage at the position and then wonder why they always flame out.

Do they retain Schwartz as DC if Gase is the new coach? Seems like a power struggle waiting to happen if they do.

I worry that Schwartz is as good as gone. Given how well he did with our defense this year, he is certainly going to be considered for a HC job and I don't see why he would want to be here when the coach who hired him just left and there is no QB solution in sight. If we hire someone else to be the HC, they might have their own guy in mind for the DC job. Only way he stays might be if the Pegula's offer him the HC job but odds are he'll get a better offer.

I worry that Schwartz is as good as gone. Given how well he did with our defense this year, he is certainly going to be considered for a HC job and I don't see why he would want to be here when the coach who hired him just left and there is no QB solution in sight. If we hire someone else to be the HC, they might have their own guy in mind for the DC job. Only way he stays might be if the Pegula's offer him the HC job but odds are he'll get a better offer.

I think so too. The good thing is that the talent stays with the team, even if Schwartz is gone. There's just no telling what the next guy will do with that.

Last year Gase wouldn't meet with teams until the Broncos season is over. I hope he's changed his mind this season as I'd rather see us have someone in places sooner than later because I'd hate to see Marrone end up getting a job some place else and cherry pick the coaching staff like Pettine did last year. Yet personally I prefer Kubiak who has HC experience and toss in we play the AFC South next year might give us some great incite.