Head Coach Candidate: Adam Gase

You don't even know that they won't try to contact Quinn. Surely they'll look at a number of candidates. Relax chief

I saw Gase's interview and I saw a guy with a permanent "deer in headlights" look on his face. So it's hard to relax knowing the Bills see something in him.

The Bills should forget about their offense and hire the BEST head coaching candidate out there. Eliminating defensive coaches (if that's their plan) is eliminating half the field, it's beyond stupid.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i assume Whaley

It's like half the board doesn't think we have a GM

I saw Gase's interview and I saw a guy with a permanent "deer in headlights" look on his face. So it's hard to relax knowing the Bills see something in him.

The Bills should forget about their offense and hire the BEST head coaching candidate out there. Eliminating defensive coaches (if that's their plan) is eliminating half the field, it's beyond stupid.

Some have said Schwartz, a defensive coach, is the front runner. One request doesn't mean that defensive guys are totally off the board.

I guess everyone calling him a Manning extension never noticed that Denver continued to win after going run-heavy once it became clear mid season that Peyton was on fumes.

If you think he can't run an offense without manning you're flat wrong.

With manning it's not just physical - the line reads, audibles, decision making is a big part. Also managing concepts Monday - Saturday, coaching guys up etc....

It's hard to read what he is good or bad from the outside knowing how much manning can contribute

I understand the sentiment of wondering whether the efficiency of the offense he coordinated was more his doing, or Peyton's doing, and I happen to share it, to some degree, but we have to consider this: one of the best defenders ever, LT, happened to have a coordinator that was pretty good, in Belicheck. So there has to be an element of getting the most out of a player that has to be accounted for, and not wasting talent that is around you. I would say that Gase has done that... But I still need to see at least 3 or 4 more guys interviewed for the job, and if Gase happens to come out ahead, than so be it- good luck!

Please no. The Offensive Coordinator for any team with Peyton Manning is the easiest job after 3rd string qb

He comes across more as Peyton's water boy than his offensive coordinator. I don't see a commanding presence there at all.

This HC interview says to me that the Bills are still completely clueless about hiring head coaches. It must have something to do with that stupid analytics department!

He comes across more as Peyton's water boy than his offensive coordinator. I don't see a commanding presence there at all.

This HC interview says to me that the Bills are still completely clueless about hiring head coaches. It must have something to do with that stupid analytics department!

Analytics too? Impressive needless bashing tonight

This is ridiculous. He's a popular candidate. He was popular last year and he's popular this year. Is every other team that's requested an interview clueless? It's called doing their due diligence. Doesn't mean they are going to hire him.

With manning it's not just physical - the line reads, audibles, decision making is a big part. Also managing concepts Monday - Saturday, coaching guys up etc....

It's hard to read what he is good or bad from the outside knowing how much manning can contribute

I see. But none of these factors apply when Hackett gets virtually none is the aforementioned from Lewis/Manuel/Tuel/Orton.

The bills are completely clueless because we asked to interview him? Seriously? Throw some water on your face man.

It will be interesting to see how coaches respond to Pegula. It's definitely going to be a different experience from the Wilson years. The more radical the changes are that they make, the better the coaches are going to be interested.

I note you used "clueless" and "stupid" in this post. Oh, the irony.

So Quinn's facial expressions make him a better candidate?

I know virtually nothing about Gase and have no opinion of him whatsoever either way. But it seems absolutely ridiculous for anyone to just simply say he has Manning and anyone could do well with Manning, as if that idea never occurred to the Bills or the several other teams that have been interested in him over the last two years. He's getting serious consideration because he deserves serious consideration. It's not like it's one team after him.

I see. But none of these factors apply when Hackett gets virtually none is the aforementioned from Lewis/Manuel/Tuel/Orton.

It does matter for hackett too- I was largely quiet on him last year as it was a tough spot. But through 2 years All we can argue is who was worse OC or QB.... You still haven't shown any reason to believe he overachieved and despite your CONSTANT comments towards anyone that doesn't like him ---- you agree he's likely below average. Its weird- I say he's below average and there you are chasing me for bashing him though.

I know virtually nothing about Gase and have no opinion of him whatsoever either way. But it seems absolutely ridiculous for anyone to just simply say he has Manning and anyone could do well with Manning, as if that idea never occurred to the Bills or the several other teams that have been interested in him over the last two years. He's getting serious consideration because he deserves serious consideration. It's not like it's one team after him.

At the very least sit him down and find out where you think the lines fall as far as talent. Hell, you get a book on a likely future head coach that you may even soon face or an OC for an elite team in the conference.

No harm interviewing him. If you decide its manning, you pass.