Teams players don't want to sign with. Guess who is #2?

TPS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this changes with new ownership of Pegulas. Buffalo was considered a losing franchise that worked on the cheap and had a meddling owner. Thats all changing and will now have high priced coaches and scouting staffs and a non meddling owner which should all create some success

It is also true, though, that players typically don’t want to play for bad teams, and some of these teams, compiled from information from ESPN’s annual NFL poll,

... so this information is compiled from an ESPN article? I would wonder how because this just seems like click bait.

5 Green Bay

4 Jacksonville

3 Cleveland

2 Buffalo

1 Oakland

The top 4 you could agree with but then they have GB @ 5? So, is that because it's cold in GB? Is that because it is in the middle of no where? 4 of those cities are generally considered middle of no where and miserable. Oakland, I cannot imagine gets rave reviews.

This is just click bait.

Mike Tirico on a draft broadcast several years ago said that players around the league hate the idea of coming to Buffalo and then once they get there never want to leave. Of course there are exceptions. Whaley told me the exact same thing. I believe it's true.

Granted, this is about the city and the organization and the fans and the people. It does not address money and winning.

There was a great comment from Whaley earlier in the year on this. He said something to the tune of players hate to come to Buffalo and then hate to leave. The culture is certainly changing especially with Pegula.

He said that directly to me as well, and Mike Tirico said it a long time ago.

That article is dated today, but it reads like it was written at the beginning of the season. Still with the impending doom about Toronto? One winning season in the last 13?

Not only was the sample small but I also wonder when the survey was taken since the article mentions the prospect of the team moving to Toronto.

Given that the Bills now have (hopefully) good owners in the Pegulas, zero relocation fears, and a winning record under their belt, I think maybe we moved down this list a bit.

But we still have to contend with bad weather, a small, aging city (when compared to other NFL towns), and the longest playoff drought in the league.

I guess the good news is that 4 of 5 FAs would play for the Bills if the money was right. And 7 of 7 draft picks who have no choice.

He said something to the tune of players hate to come to Buffalo and then hate to leave.

In my experience, the same thing can be said for high level business executives and professionals.

WNY's a great place to live if you've got enough Benjamins...