Senior Bowl QBs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blake Sims won't be a NFL QB.

Paul Finebaum has hinted around several times that he's not mentally able to even handle all of Alabama's playbook, much less everything involved with a NFL system. Add in his size and his invite to the senior bowl really shows the lack of QB depth in this class.

Petty in the 4th round is a pipe dream. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Hundley push the late 1st but surely go in day 2.

It appears Whaley and co. are all in on EJ. Despite the benching for Orton, I believe they are set on EJ. With so many other holes to fill (TE,G,T,RB) I will be watching for late round fliers in this years Senior bowl

I do not believe they are all in on him. I believe he will get a shot at winning the position, but Rex has been clear that he will look elsewhere as needed.

I'd take Bryce Petty but it will probably have to be the 2nd round pick. His stock will go up. I've seen him make all the throws over his career. He looks good to me..

I also believe that Petty will end up a 2nd round pick. I believe he'll pass the eye test in his workouts, and I'm almost positive he'll blow people away in his interviews.

I also believe that Petty will end up a 2nd round pick. I believe he'll pass the eye test in his workouts, and I'm almost positive he'll blow people away in his interviews.

With a generally weak QB class, I can't see the second tier guys lasting to 4th round. That's why it was a huge mistake not to grab one of the available second tier guys last year who were there for the taking in rounds 4+.

I did a mock draft on Fanspeak and was able to get Garret Grayson in round five. In another I got Kelly from Arizona State in the seventh. No need to use a high draft pick to ring in some competition.

Did you watch Taylor Kelly in the E-W Shrine game? I wouldn't give up a nickle for him.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Grayson in round 5 would be reasonable.

I watched tape on all of these guys and nobody really stands out. They all have glaring weaknesses. No Russell Wilson's in this draft. Marriota looks good to me but he's not a drop back passer. If you don't let him throw on the run then you are limiting what he can do for you. He will be successful if the coach allows him to move the pocket and throw on the run. Jameis looks good too but he is too immature. I wouldn't bet my team's future on him. After that I see a big drop off in talent. I wouldn't take anyone else until round 4. I'll watch the senior bowl to see for sure but all of these guys look like projects to me

i do like Bryce Petty I just question his accuracy. I think I'll have to see more on him the game I watched on youtube might just be an outlier but he missed some pretty wide open guys.

but good size, strong arm, quick release, mobile. I think he's worth looking into more if we are definitely taking a mid round QB

Edited by kdiggz

Petty certainly looks the part, and has some mobility to his game. Mayock was talking about his toughness too...which I like.

Grayson is a scrappy bugger, but he sure does throw a fugly ball. I wish his mechanics were better because he seems like a gamer.

Mannion reminds me a lot of Glennon...except less accurate. Looks like he's winding up from his ankles. That won't work in the NFL, IMO.

Right, I was just posing the question as a hypothetical. I guess my point is that, if we were to use our top pick on a QB, we would essentially be saying goodbye to EJ, correct? Which I'm fine with, but it is a big move.

Just a point that when they got serious about getting a QB, Seattle signed the best FA (Whitehurst, I know, I know), acquired Flynn from GB, AND drafted Wilson.

So I don't think it's "saying goodbye to EJ". It's saying "hello" to competition and if he wants it, he can earn it.

Just a point that when they got serious about getting a QB, Seattle signed the best FA (Whitehurst, I know, I know), acquired Flynn from GB, AND drafted Wilson.

So I don't think it's "saying goodbye to EJ". It's saying "hello" to competition and if he wants it, he can earn it.

keep EJ, sign a free agent (hopefully we can do better than Sanchez), draft Petty. see who wins

On a pure measurements standpoint, Petty and Grayson showed the best today. This week will be a big week for them. This QB class is so weak that a solid outing could move them up a bit. I'm sure Whaley and his staff are watching.

Edited by Bangarang

On a pure measurements standpoint, Petty and Grayson showed the best today. This week will be a big week for them. This QB class is so week that a solid outing could move them up a bit. I'm sure Whaley and his staff are watching.

Agreed. Demand alone will push Petty up. Although I think he's got 2nd round talent.