Can anyone believe another NFL team would want to hire Marrone

Niagara Dude

Not sure if all these garbage reports are coming from his Marrone's agent looking for a better deal but I do not believe there is another NFL team that is stupid enough to hire this buffoon.Just read on NFL.COM that Marrone was a great offensive guy (reaily? we just finshed two of our worse years on that side of the ball).Chan Gaily had less talent and produced better results, if any other team wants him, they can have this cutting edge/innovative coach (right Russ!).Not going anywhere and as Doug told us last week "you are stuck with me".

Edited by Niagara Dude

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just based on fashion alone I can't imagine another team hiring him with his overall record that makes it even more dubious ...even Rex lost weight and left the schlub clothes behind...If you're the Hoodie you can do and wear anything...

Edited by rfk

Well you have to look at the overall intelligence of most posters here. These posters who think Marrone all suck want to see Frank Reich as HC even though he's getting blasted in San Diego and think Bill Pollien is the answer and will solve the QB issues here just like he did in Indy with Painter as Mannings backup.

The point being most posters here completely over react and look at everything as a fan, not as a person in the business looks at things. Even the press, they look at things objectively for the most part. With the exception being columnists as their job is to stir the pot, but that's why ESPN is reporting that Marrone would have serios interest, and fans here don't understand that.

Agreed

Marrone took a perpetual 6-10 team and had them one game out of the playoffs for the first time in 15 years with KO and EJ

Hes a better coach then people give him credit for

Yikes 9-7 is a huge deal for a win starved team team. Perrinial playoff teams would call that record a failure. because it is.

hard to gauge any interest for Maronne in the NFL besides a desperate bottom feeder ( see Mike Pettine)

Well you have to look at the overall intelligence of most posters here. These posters who think Marrone all suck want to see Frank Reich as HC even though he's getting blasted in San Diego and think Bill Pollien is the answer and will solve the QB issues here just like he did in Indy with Painter as Mannings backup.

The point being most posters here completely over react and look at everything as a fan, not as a person in the business looks at things. Even the press, they look at things objectively for the most part. With the exception being columnists as their job is to stir the pot, but that's why ESPN is reporting that Marrone would have serios interest, and fans here don't understand that.

I cannot speak for the Frank Reich/Bill Polian people.

Not sure what Marrone skeptics are "overreacting" too. Sunday's glorified preseason game is the cause of all this "winning record!" & "4-2!" junk. That's the stuff that is shortsighted when you look at all of the bad coaches in the history of the league that had decent records in a single season (some of them were just fired).

I hope 2015 turns out better than 2005 - when a great D/Specials took us to 9-7 with an up&coming offensive coach the year before. As D/ST is less reliable than offense from a consistency standpoint, I am not optimistic. But I'm sure all those brilliant "people in the business" like Russ Brandon also loved Mike Mularkey on 12/29/04 as much as Schefter is saying they like Marrone now.

Edited by BuffOrange

Yikes 9-7 is a huge deal for a win starved team team. Perrinial playoff teams would call that record a failure. because it is.

hard to gauge any interest for Maronne in the NFL besides a desperate bottom feeder ( see Mike Pettine)

Agree to disagree.

Want to know one of he main reasons everyone thinks Bruce Arians is such a great coach?

Its because he is making Arizona a playoff team. If he did what he's doing in Dallas, it would be expected