Can anyone believe another NFL team would want to hire Marrone

Niagara Dude

While that is all true, it was a total no brainer for Schwartz and he would have came for any coach. He not only was inheriting Mario Williams, Kyle, Dareus, Hughes, Kiko and Gilmore, but the guy he was replacing just spent one year here and was offered a HC position. In one year! The one thing that Schwartz wants. That didn't take any convincing whatsoever.

+1

Down in Chicago, Cutler throws a god awful pick to a DLineman..go to overtime..get lucky and win against what we now know to be an awful team.

Detroit misses not one, not two, but three field goals, we beat them by three for a luck ass win

Minnesota is shutting down the O all game, beating the bills at home with a rookie QB making his first road start and we get a miracle 4th and 21 and then complete a jump ball for a luck win.

Gets a punt return for a TD, Packers drop 7 passes in the game(13 all year coming in) Nelson drops a sure tD..lucky win

Beats the Pats scrubs..barely...

I think we are closer to 4 plays away from 5-11...

And i have no idea what people are talking about with adversity....you will never see another season as injury free as this one..

Dude is a buffoon, let him walk.

+1

Really, I think he's a way better fit in ATL. Get out of Matty Ice & the offense's way and manufacture a pass-rush without a great pass-rusher, which he's obviously done before. Kaepernick might be a disaster under him.

Agreed.

And, I don't think the SF FO will like Rex's antics. At all!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of Buffalo, Marrone is admired for the job he has down with the Bills. Like it or not, he has a record that will get him a job some where else in the league. Look at the cast of characters Buffalo has hired since Marv Levy retired.

I am sorry but this guy was a average in college and things will not change in the pros, was voted the 31th best coach in the league by team general managers.This looks like another Dick Jauron 2.0 so lets give him a 10 year 100 million extension before another team steals this innovative/cutting edge coach.

Voted the 31st best coach by GMs? Care to share a link to you fictitious poll?

Not sure if all these garbage reports are coming from his Marrone's agent looking for a better deal but I do not believe there is another NFL team that is stupid enough to hire this buffoon.Just read on NFL.COM that Marrone was a great offensive guy (reaily? we just finshed two of our worse years on that side of the ball).Chan Gaily had less talent and produced better results, if any other team wants him, they can have this cutting edge/innovative coach (right Russ!).Not going anywhere and as Doug told us last week "you are stuck with me".

Marrone is 9-7 this year because of the fantastic defense that was put up by Jim Schwartz. Marrone and Hackett did a poor job on the offense. I don't believe any team will hire Marrone unless he brings Schwartz with him.

Down in Chicago, Cutler throws a god awful pick to a DLineman..go to overtime..get lucky and win against what we now know to be an awful team.

Yeah, lets give zero credit to the DL hustling back into the play and from out of nowhere make a clutch play to stay in the game. It was the first game of the year. Everyone had this one as a big loss entering the year, we never won at Soldier field and all that ****, we obviously can't overcame the Trestman offense. Finally, we made the plays at the end to win the game.

Detroit misses not one, not two, but three field goals, we beat them by three for a luck ass win

Nevermind that the new QB we trotted out there gave them a pick 6 and Carpenter missed a FG for us, they gave us 9 points but we gave them 10, we made the plays at the end to win the game.

Minnesota is shutting down the O all game, beating the bills at home with a rookie QB making his first road start and we get a miracle 4th and 21 and then complete a jump ball for a luck win.

We cough up the ball four times on four fumbles, losing three and Orton throws an ugly pick, at the end we make enough plays to win the game. Yeah, what a weak minded team, that made the plays at the end to win the game.

Gets a punt return for a TD, Packers drop 7 passes in the game(13 all year coming in) Nelson drops a sure tD..lucky win

So the interceptions we get are not good enough, we made some good plays against a future HOF QB. We made more plays than them.

Beats the Pats scrubs..barely...

I'll give you this one, because we would not know what would have happened had the Pats needed this one, but still Brady look pissed he couldn't do much because our defense didn't let him.

I think we are closer to 4 plays away from 5-11...

And i have no idea what people are talking about with adversity....you will never see another season as injury free as this one..

Dude is a buffoon, let him walk.

I love that when we had guys injured all the time in the past, it was the trainers fault, I heard no peep about giving Marrone credit for this one. Maybe it's luck, maybe it isn't, we will see next year.

I think he would get interviews for one or two of the open NFL HC jobs although I'm not sure he would end up with an offer. He would get a bigger college gig than he left in Syracuse without doubt (although might now have to wait until next year). When Michigan wanted to put pressure on Harbaugh to make up his mind it was Marrone's name they leaked out as an alternative. I know the reality was always Harbaugh but interesting that they thought Marrone was a strong enough name to float for persuasion purposes.

So by far his best opportunity of being a Head Coach in 2015 is with the Buffalo Bills. If he were to opt out I think the most likely landing spot is as the OC or AHC/OL with one of the teams currently without a HC who will be looking to build a staff.

Fixxer I am on my phone so don't want to quote.....but your post was exactly my point. So many people on here want to say we were two plays away from 2 more wins.....but you can play that game the other way too.

For instance , you say the KW made a great play, I say it was a horrendous play by Cutler. Who's right? I don't know. But KW making a pick like that happens once every 7 seasons maybe.

Contrast that to the Byrce Brown fumble in KC. GUY was traded here because be had FUMBLING problems. Little more expected outcome I would say.

And then the coach compounds the problem by not understanding making a 4th and 1 is easier than making a 4th and 10.

Again, you made relevant points, I just do not believe we were two plays away from 11-5.

Edited by plenzmd1

You are what your record says you are. We are a 9 win team. How many plays we did or did't make that stopped us being a 6 win team or an 11 win team is not important. What is important is we won 9 of 16 and were in every game this year. That is progress. It isn't success... but it is progress - and for a team that has been stagnant for so long that plays well on a coach's resume.

Edited by GunnerBill