Can anyone believe another NFL team would want to hire Marrone

Niagara Dude

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland or the Jets would be all over him. Especially the Jets with the way Marrone's teams have straight up BULLIED them the last 2 seasons.

Perfect. Then we could hire Rex. I guarantee with the Bills' talent Rex would BULLY the Marrone-led Jets.

If the Browns can hire Pettine to be their head coach, anything's possible.

Two years into their gigs, I have no problems with either Doug staying, as I only want to see Ralph's stooges gone.The 3rd year will be key though, no excuses will be acceptable.

where do the Bills have more talent than the Jets? Sammy Watkins?

Defense, especially the backfield, although the Jets have a strong front 7. And Sammy. This year at least, the Bills got much better production out of the QB position. Who knows what 2015 will bring. Geno and Vick gift-wrapped both Bills games this year.

From the outside looking in, be they national reporters, or executives from other teams, or fans, or pundits, or anyone that did not watch every Bills game, it would be natural to think that he did a good job at 9-7 with the Bills and their lack of QB.

They would really not be thinking about the way the games played out, the fact the defense was so good and the offense so bad, the internal struggles, the Hackett situation, the player difficulties, the St Doug stuff, the in game decisions, the regression of so many players on offense, the way he used timeouts and short yardage decisions or any of the stuff that some portion of the fandom here that watch all of the games would know. Some think he's a good or even very good coach counting all those things. Others think he is a bad or even very bad coach because of a number of those things.

Anyone that was serious about actually hiring him wouldn know all of them soon enough, and then would have to decide which side of the fence they were on. The may think of him even better, they may think of him worse.

All of the comments like from Schefter about his reputation around the league were from before he was hired. Those people may think he's even better now. Those people may think he's not really that good once you look into it. We don't know.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I agree that he'd be hired quickly. Especially now that he's had two years experience under his belt, and all the shizzle the team went through this year and still managed to get to 9 wins. Bills fans always think their QB is crap and their coach is crap. Hell, people were bitching when Marv was the coach. A little perspective would do us all good.

Hackett, on the other hand, needs to go.

Chicago may want him....he took the Bills to 9-7....and was 4-0 against the NFC North

Not at all advocating Scwartz as head coach, but I would bet his prescence on the Bills coaching staff, after 5 seasons in the NFC North, had as much to do with that (along with a very talented defense) as anything Marrone did.

Defense, especially the backfield, although the Jets have a strong front 7. And Sammy. This year at least, the Bills got much better production out of the QB position. Who knows what 2015 will bring. Geno and Vick gift-wrapped both Bills games this year.

i actually don't think the difference in QB was much at all. Geno and Vick looked their worst against Bills. I would say QB is comparable. CBs are better in Bflo. They have a 1st rd pick at safety. But I would not say if roles were reversed Rex would obviously beat up the Bills. Last year, we beat them 37-14 with EJ, no Sammy, Woods or Stevie. And they still had 1st rd pick Milliner and Cromartie at that point.

Agree to disagree.

Want to know one of he main reasons everyone thinks Bruce Arians is such a great coach?

Its because he is making Arizona a playoff team. If he did what he's doing in Dallas, it would be expected

he won 9 out of 10 which does get big attention anywhere to start and is now on qb 12 which is also noteworthy.... His location adds some but if he hovered around .500 with a healthy squad you wouldn't be hearing about him

i was actually wondering if they might go after Schwartz for that reason. Their defense is a wreck. Fingers crossed.

I had not thought of that.... Let's hope Schwartz stays!

Not at all advocating Scwartz as head coach, but I would bet his prescence on the Bills coaching staff, after 5 seasons in the NFC North, had as much to do with that (along with a very talented defense) as anything Marrone did.

And of course factored into why Marrone hired him (very smartly I might add) in the first place, they both knew we were playing the NFC North this year

Agreed

Marrone took a perpetual 6-10 team and had them one game out of the playoffs for the first time in 15 years with KO and EJ

Hes a better coach then people give him credit for

I keep hearing people say stuff like this but what impact did Marrone actually have on this team being one game out of the playoffs? It certainly wasn't bc of his innovative offense which most people would say is what kept them out of the playoffs.

This team won 9 games bc of their defense and in spite of Marrones offense and ultra conservative philosophy

I do however agree that Marrone would get a job fairly quickly bc on paper to anyone outside of Buffalo who wasn't paying attention every week it does look like Marrone has done a good job but those watching every week know different. I am also not impressed with the names being mentioned as possible head coaches.

Edited by Max997

Head Coaches always get credit for their coaching staffs, and rightly so. After all, Schwartz chose to work for Marrone. If Marrone was a buffoon, I assume that Schwartz would have accepted a different offer.

Parcells had Belicheck on his staff when he won his Super Bowls and is in the HOF now. Would you argue that Tuna doesn't deserve his SB rings or bust in Canton because Hoodie ran the defense for him?

Building a good coaching staff is one of the most important responsibilities of a HC. If we're going to blame Marrone for Hackett (and we do), we've got to give him credit for Schwartz.

I think many in the NFL will see Marrone as a leader who took over a perpetual loser and made them relevant. For any of the teams that finished 3-13, for example, a guy who could get them to 9-7 would seem pretty good.

Head Coaches always get credit for their coaching staffs, and rightly so. After all, Schwartz chose to work for Marrone. If Marrone was a buffoon, I assume that Schwartz would have accepted a different offer.

Parcells had Belicheck on his staff when he won his Super Bowls and is in the HOF now. Would you argue that Tuna doesn't deserve his SB rings or bust in Canton because Hoodie ran the defense for him?

Building a good coaching staff is one of the most important responsibilities of a HC. If we're going to blame Marrone for Hackett (and we do), we've got to give him credit for Schwartz.

I think many in the NFL will see Marrone as a leader who took over a perpetual loser and made them relevant. For any of the teams that finished 3-13, for example, a guy who could get them to 9-7 would seem pretty good.

While that is all true, it was a total no brainer for Schwartz and he would have came for any coach. He not only was inheriting Mario Williams, Kyle, Dareus, Hughes, Kiko and Gilmore, but the guy he was replacing just spent one year here and was offered a HC position. In one year! The one thing that Schwartz wants. That didn't take any convincing whatsoever.

While that is all true, it was a total no brainer for Schwartz and he would have came for any coach. He not only was inheriting Mario Williams, Kyle, Dareus, Hughes, Kiko and Gilmore, but the guy he was replacing just spent one year here and was offered a HC position. In one year! The one thing that Schwartz wants. That didn't take any convincing whatsoever.

Thank you.

I like coach Marrone and what he has done for this team and organization. As I look back at this year we were two plays away from being 11-5 ( only two plays)

1. Vs Houston, Bills up 10-7 driving to start the second half with the ball on Houston 20 yard line (so we should at least get three) EJ throws a pick 6 to JJ watt for 80 yards, if EJ only got about 6 to 8 more inches on that pass it would have been a big play to Fred. So that was a 10 point swing possibly 14 point. Not coaches fault.

2. Vs KC, Bills up 10-3 first drive of the second half ( it should be our statement drive for the season) it was 2nd and 10 from KC 17, B. Brown runs up the middle for a good gain looks like he is going to score easy to put the bills up 17-3 instead he fumbles it out of the end zone at the 5...unbelievable. Again not coaches fault.

Like I said only two plays away from an 11-5 record and playoff bound. So who wouldn't want coach to run their team. I didn't agree with everything he did, and I really wish they would have run the ball more inside the 10 with Boobie and maybe he will next year. We don't need the next A. Rodgers at QB just an ok vet like Orton and we will be ok. Maybe EJ needs to watch film on Big Ben this off season, and he might learn how to move in the pocket better and use his size. I really think when Our GM drafted EJ he saw Ben in him seeing how our GM came from Pitt.

Again we would be dumb to give up on coach Marrone now....Go Bills.