Joe B just lost all credibility, Part II

YoloinOhio

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he would trade Marcel Dareus, next year's first and our 1st pick this year for the #1 overall pick this year, in which he would pick Jamies Winston.

But the Sammy trade was too risky ...

Winston is BY FAR the best QB that will be drafted into the NFL this year (even though he's a total immature douche) but yeah totally agree with your main point "But the Sammy trade was too risky ..." LOL - That station's personalities really believe some of the crap they spew.

Andrew Luck coming out of college, yes. Jameis Winston, hell no.

Seriously. Drafting Winston with a high 1st rounder is a SERIOUSLY risky move. The kid could be in jail before the 2015 season starts. You don't waste high picks on guys like this and you certainly don't trade away future high picks for the dishonor.

Winston is BY FAR the best QB that will be drafted into the NFL this year (even though he's a total immature douche) but yeah totally agree with your main point "But the Sammy trade was too risky ..." LOL - That station's personalities really believe some of the crap they spew.

right - I'm not disputing the kid's talent and if they had the #1 pick free and clear I could understand using it on him and hoping he matures off the field. Considering our options at that position are slim. That would be worth the risk. But trading arguably your best player at age 24 and next year's 1st rd pick?! Edited by YoloinOhio

Winston is a loose cannon. i wouldn't bet the future of my franchise on him. It's too bad because he's a good player, although he has a slow release so who knows how well that will work for him in the NFL. He's not a guarantee like Andrew Luck was though so no, this is too risky

Joe B doesn't actually know his role. As an insider/beat reporter he constantly provides information on the air that any fan could recite. It's really annoying when they ask him questions in his segment and he states that, "well they have a good defense so..." and other generic phrases that never get in depth explanation.

I'm not saying he could have or should have known, but as an example, the kind of information that would be informative to me would be having an inkling this is Orton's last year, or some insight on the Mike WIlliams situation, or how the players feel about Hackett, or the Doug v Doug spat. Basically anything that is not regurgitated fact that any casual observer that watches the games and listens to the recap press conferences would know.

But he wears a suit, so there's that.

Not to mention that this trade is nowhere close to enough to acquire the #1 overall pick.

a Second round pick this year (50th overall), a #1 next year and a great defensive tackle with 1yr left on his deal and off field issues. We would need to give up probably 2 more #1s to move up that far. Remember the Rams gave up the #6 overall pick plus a second round pick in 2012 along with their #1 picks in 2013 and 2014 to move from #6 to #2.

I'm a fan of his analysis when it is based on film review, facts, and empirical data. His opinions flat out suck. And correct me if I am wrong, is he not a FSU grad?

Winston will be a bust. Questionable decision maker and has regressed from last year. And I've touted the simple Wonderlic stat for a long time.... show me a score above 22 and he's in the discussion as a worthwhile pick somewhere in the draft. Anything less and you're drafting someone who will never win a Super Bowl. Complain about the scores all you want but aside from every Super Bowl winner back into the 1980s had a score above 22. Coincidence? I think not. It doesn't guarantee you squat except you're unlikely to win a Super Bowl. Playoffs, sure in some cases. But a Super Bowl, hasn't happened as far as I know.