Where was Cyrus K. this year? I dont get it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myopic would be your choice to berate the OP for asking a legitimate question. Perhaps he was looking for an answer rather than a diss on his question.

Legitimate question? Really?? Stupid question! It's the type of question that you ask when you wonder where Thurman Thomas helmet was in the Superbowl. It doesn't mean anything at all. Why not ask people to be a little more cerebral with what's going on with this team? Why was our 2nd round pick not on the field? OK, so in the same vein, why WAS our 7th round pick actually on the field? You can see a lot by looking, or ask really stupid questions (like the OP did). It's just my opinion, but take it however you like.

Need another reason to fire Doug Whaley? How is he still employed?

He drafted three linemen. One started all 16 games, one played a few and one never got off the bench. You never really expect your 5th or 7th round pick on any kind of decent team to play much at all. Those were coaches decisions. I didn't think Henderson played all that well but Marrone did and said he graded out well 15 of 16 games.

1.91 for his 10

3.19 for his 20

By comparison, guys like Robinson, Lewan and Matthews had 10 yard splits around 1.7 and 20 yard splits in the low 2.8's. Henderson actually had similar numbers to them.

At the combine, it was almost an eye opener to see how lumbering and lethargic he looked. That's why all of the questions about his knee came up.

The Bills took a chance. He had/has trouble with speed rushers, but other than that..played like the All American he became.

He could be dominant, especially in the run game. But he most definitely came with some red flags. He wasn't a "solid but unspectacular" type of prospect. More of a "he can be dominant if..." type of guy.

Whether he'll ever be able to compensate for his lack of athleticism, or whether it improves, is anyone's guess.

Good info. Thanks.

I wonder if recovering from his knee injury hampered his times and his ability to come in and play his rookie season. The Docs said it was fine (which is good news) but that doesn't mean he was ready to perform at his best.

when he was drafted he was just 20....not a plug and play guy. Huge upside just bringing him along slowly again 20 playing against 27-32 year olds. He'll be fine in my opinion

I hope so, too. Nobody really knows if he will or wont. But the best option is if he ends up being fine.

I liked the Kujo pick...I think...despite his lack of great athleticism he clearly showed at times during his Alabama career that he could get after it...Just look at his performances vs LSU...He's moving just fine against really good athletes...I think he'll get better and more fluid when he's not thinking so much...It was a big jump for him...He was 20 years old when he got Drafted...But no question he looked absolutely terrible in preseason...He needed the redshirt year for sure...

All that being said there was a couple REAL studs Drafted after Kouandjio including Jeremy Hill and Jarvis Landry...Had the Bills Drafted Preston Brown at #44 and Kujo in the 3rd it would probably look a lot better at this point...But by no means is Kouandjio finished...I do doubt very much he'll ever be an NFL OG...He's too long...I think he'll be the Bills third OT next year...Henderson is going to make it tough for Kouandjio to crack the starting line-up...But when someone gets hurt he'll get his chance...Then we'll see how far he's come... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I liked the Kujo pick...I think...despite his lack of great athleticism he clearly showed at times during his Alabama career that he could get after it...Just look at his performances vs LSU...He's moving just fine against really good athletes...I think he'll get better and more fluid when he's not thinking so much...It was a big jump for him...He was 20 years old when he got Drafted...But no question he looked absolutely terrible in preseason...He needed the redshirt year for sure...

All that being said there was a couple REAL studs Drafted after Kouandjio including Jeremy Hill and Jarvis Landry...Had the Bills Drafted Preston Brown at #44 and Kujo in the 3rd it would probably look a lot better at this point...But by no means is Kouandjio finished...I do doubt very much he'll ever be an NFL OG...He's too long...I think he'll be the Bills third OT next year...Henderson is going to make it tough for Kouandjio to crack the starting line-up...But when someone gets hurt he'll get his chance...Then we'll se how far he's come... B-)

We are all hoping that you are right and he develops into an OT of any merit. The fact that he had been practicing at guard for much of the season and still couldn't get in a game ahead of Cyril Richardson is discouraging. Cyril was just awful this year. My God he was terrible in NE the other day. Blind to blitzers. Pancaked by guys his own size. His entry into the game brought the offense to a halt. Really down on Cyril. Very experienced and decorated college OL who had played both LT and OG. But Chris Spielman said he was going to be the next Larry Allen! We've really been treated to an entirely new level of bad OG play the past two seasons with Colin Brown, Legursky, Pears and Cyril.

Why is it WR's DB's, and LB's can all rotate in throughout the season to get some playing time and see how they do. Hogan, Duke Williams, and a host of LB's did that this year. Why can't the same thing be done at OL? Why do the same 5 have to play the whole game? Why not rotate the guards and tackles for a couple of series a game? I think continuity is overrated. Yes if all five are good then by all means play all five. But you can argue three of the five were below average to awful all year long. No reason why CK could not have dressed for a couple of games and played a few series. No reason Richardson could not have gotten a few plays at RG.

Problem there is an OL man doesn't play in a vacuum. He sucks and gets your QB killed, maybe out for the season, just so this guy could get a couple rep's

I saw in a pre-draft write-up said CK was weak, slow, and injury prone. That's a tough hat trick

We all expect a 2nd round pick to come in and start right away. While not an unreasonable expectation as a lot of 2nd round picks do come in and contribute. But like every player they all don't come in and get off to the best start. Cyrus looked slow and lumbering in pre-season. He also didn't look very over powering when kicked inside. However its only one season and given a full off-season of NFL conditioning and better coaching after seeing him on film might lead to improvement.

We all expect a 2nd round pick to come in and start right away. While not an unreasonable expectation as a lot of 2nd round picks do come in and contribute. But like every player they all don't come in and get off to the best start. Cyrus looked slow and lumbering in pre-season. He also didn't look very over powering when kicked inside. However its only one season and given a full off-season of NFL conditioning and better coaching after seeing him on film might lead to improvement.

He's also 21 and he only started playing football fairly recently. Most of the rookies are 22. Some are 23. Speaking of which, Sammy Watkins turned 21 after we drafted him. He's a year younger than Beckham.

Dr. James Andrews medically cleared CM Punk over the phone. He says what teams want to hear

Did you even understand the gist of that article? That Punk clearly believed Amann was lying about speaking with Andrews via the phone?

Then again, the article appears to have been written by an illiterate space alien, so I can understand the confusion...

Problem there is an OL man doesn't play in a vacuum. He sucks and gets your QB killed, maybe out for the season, just so this guy could get a couple rep's

I saw in a pre-draft write-up said CK was weak, slow, and injury prone. That's a tough hat trick

I'm not saying CK should play just that other guys that are fairly close in talent - Richardson, Urbik, Pears, and Hairston could have gotten some reps. And the former 1st round RB who can't pass block at all is just as capable of getting the QB killed as any back-up guard.

One thing that should be clear about Marrone by now, is that when he feels a player isn't what he wants for the team, he closes the door and doesn't look back.

Doesn't matter where you're drafted or what you're paid, if you get on his bad side then plan on keeping Mike Williams some company.

Agreed and that is a very bad habit for a HC!

We are all hoping that you are right and he develops into an OT of any merit. The fact that he had been practicing at guard for much of the season and still couldn't get in a game ahead of Cyril Richardson is discouraging. Cyril was just awful this year. My God he was terrible in NE the other day. Blind to blitzers. Pancaked by guys his own size. His entry into the game brought the offense to a halt. Really down on Cyril. Very experienced and decorated college OL who had played both LT and OG. But Chris Spielman said he was going to be the next Larry Allen! We've really been treated to an entirely new level of bad OG play the past two seasons with Colin Brown, Legursky, Pears and Cyril.

Did you ever watch his senior bowl workout against aaron donald? It's ugly.

It's funny - seantrel henderson, who did not play well this season, at least looks like an nfl player with real upside once (if?) he masters his game. CK and Richardson are immobile huge guys who will never be great simply because of their lack of athleticism. They may become serviceable, but they will never be more than that -- that's their absolute ceiling. Yet the guy with upside who can play drops to the seventh because of weed(!) and we take the stiffs relatively early. It looks like buddy nix, trained himself by slab-o-beef lover dwight adams (robert hicks! jamie nails!), has trained young padewan obi whaley well. Don't get me wrong; i liked adams. Different era though.

Edited by dave mcbride

What's not to get? He wasn't ever good enough to dress on game day. Does no one remember seeing him play?

Its not that I think he can't be good.... But if he had played we would be screaming for his (and Whaley's) head. Also, if we had bad pass blockers, why would you want to add an even worse one to the starting mix?

I'm not saying CK should play just that other guys that are fairly close in talent - Richardson, Urbik, Pears, and Hairston could have gotten some reps. And the former 1st round RB who can't pass block at all is just as capable of getting the QB killed as any back-up guard.

I think this is where you're wrong..... As bad as that list there was, Kujo was much, much worse. Edited by JaxBills

Need another reason to fire Doug Whaley? How is he still employed?

Yeah, fire him. Fire the guy that brought in Orton, Thigpen, Gray, had a great draft with three draft picks starting. That's the solution. Fire the guy that is building the roster into a winner. Great idea.

Did you ever watch his senior bowl workout against aaron donald? It's ugly.

It's funny - seantrel henderson, who did not play well this season, at least looks like an nfl player with real upside once (if?) he masters his game. CK and Richardson are immobile huge guys who will never be great simply because of their lack of athleticism. They may become serviceable, but they will never be more than that -- that's their absolute ceiling. Yet the guy with upside who can play drops to the seventh because of weed(!) and we take the stiffs relatively early. It looks like buddy nix, trained himself by slab-o-beef lover dwight adams (robert hicks! jamie nails!), has trained young padewan obi whaley well. Don't get me wrong; i liked adams. Different era though.

Something...I'm guessing the knee...was obviously bothering Kujo directly after his Jr. year...There was plenty of speculation that the knee was bothering him throughout his final year at Alabama...By the time he got to his second pro day he was moving better and had cut his 40 time to a 5.42...Which admittedly is still pretty slow...But there was plenty of indication that he looked much better by the second pro day, and was moving better...However...The feeling was his footwork was still pretty raw and needed a lot of work...

The whole Sr Bowl deal, Combine, workouts stuff, is overblown anyway...Scouting is always going to be heavy on the actual game film...And while Kouandjio did struggle at times he also had very good games against top College competition...He's raw...Everyone knew that...He needs work...His footwork has to be improved and he has to get stronger...The reality is he should have stayed at Alabama another year...That's why his rookie year in the NFL ended up being basically a red-shirt season...He was not ready...That much is clear...

I would not assume anything about Kujo one way or the other where the future is concerned...He absolutely has enough upside to be a very solid NFL RT...Is Kouandjio really that much less athletic than a guy like Phil Loadholt? He could also completely bust out if he can't improve the footwork and strength...We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out... B-)

Apparently those attributes sparked enough interest for Whaley to draft him!

Maybe they were planning on moving him to LT and playing next to Williams! :D:rolleyes:

Edited by San-O

Something...I'm guessing the knee...was obviously bothering Kujo directly after his Jr. year...There was plenty of speculation that the knee was bothering him throughout his final year at Alabama...By the time he got to his second pro day he was moving better and had cut his 40 time to a 5.42...Which admittedly is still pretty slow...But there was plenty of indication that he looked much better by the second pro day, and was moving better...However...The feeling was his footwork was still pretty raw and needed a lot of work...

The whole Sr Bowl deal, Combine, workouts stuff, is overblown anyway...Scouting is always going to be heavy on the actual game film...And while Kouandjio did struggle at times he also had very good games against top College competition...He's raw...Everyone knew that...He needs work...His footwork has to be improved and he has to get stronger...The reality is he should have stayed at Alabama another year...That's why his rookie year in the NFL ended up being basically a red-shirt season...He was not ready...That much is clear...

I would not assume anything about Kujo one way or the other where the future is concerned...He absolutely has enough upside to be a very solid NFL RT...Is Kouandjio really that much less athletic than a guy like Phil Loadholt? He could also completely bust out if he can't improve the footwork and strength...We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out... B-)

Very good points. I disagree about the Senior Bowl in one sense though -- Richardson was completely exposed by a guy who was clearly going to be a good NFL player. It was embarrassing - he just wasn't nearly quick enough to be anything other than a tackling dummy. This play was indicative: https://imgflip.com/gif/69yxi .