How about Michael Sam?

Joaquin1119

I thought he did fine for the Rams. He might be a good fit as back-up strong side LB, pass rusher, and part time special teams guy.

Not saying he is a difference maker but I thought he did enough in pre-season last year to get another camp invite somewhere.

Could be the anti-Incognito signing...

In watching the combine a year ago, he may have been the WORST lineman trying to convert to LB there. Has he suddenly learned to play strong-side LB ? :doh:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this could be a distraction in so many ways for the team ! If it was just about his ability as a football player in the NFL it would be different but we all know how the media has an agenda when ever some one of a alternate life style is involved with sports ...

I think it would be a good move but i don't see it happening , but what do i know i'm a Bills fan !!

As mentioned on Mike&Mike this morning, while other players are doing team work outs and the vet combine Michael Sam just signed up for Dancing with the Stars. Doesnt seem to be as committed to getting on a team as he says he is. No thanks.

And some people wanted him here... SMH

As mentioned on Mike&Mike this morning, while other players are doing team work outs and the vet combine Michael Sam just signed up for Dancing with the Stars. Doesnt seem to be as committed to getting on a team as he says he is. No thanks.

I've just lost all respect I had for him. Sexual orientation aside, he's using it for his own advantage. If he wanted to be "treated like any other player" he wouldn't be doing that.

I've just lost all respect I had for him. Sexual orientation aside, he's using it for his own advantage. If he wanted to be "treated like any other player" he wouldn't be doing that.

Since days leading up to the draft hes been posturing for a life after football. He knows that hes long shot to make his money playing ball and is doing what he can to stay relevant and maybe land a reality show or some crap. I won't blame a guy for taking the opportunity to make a buck.

Since days leading up to the draft hes been posturing for a life after football. He knows that hes long shot to make his money playing ball and is doing what he can to stay relevant and maybe land a reality show or some crap. I won't blame a guy for taking the opportunity to make a buck.

Yep. It won't be long before he is living on a boat with Chyna, Vern Troyer, Danny Bonaduce, Snow (the rapper), Nicole Eggert, Tom Green and Tara Lipinski.

saw nicole in some bad TV movie recently and doesn't look quite the same as she did in Baywatch. Or Charles in Charge for that matter. Tara has had some interesting plastic surgery.

Wait. Tara Lipinski? The figure skater?

That naughty little vixen.

Let me ask you this, and it's purely hypothetical, not making any accusations. If JJ Watt were to come out as gay, would it effect his value as a player? Is there anybody, other than a small vocal minority, who would honestly say "I don't want that [insert gay slur] on my team." The answer is, of couse not. He's a proven beast on the field, and an angel off. Michael Sam just isn't good enough to play I'm the NFL. Maybe he will be, and he proves us all wrong, then good for him.

Exactly. He's slow, small, and couldn't make two practice squads in St. Louis and Dallas. This is our strongest part of the team with our Defensive Line. I not only love the starters, but the depth in Wynn and Charles, and Lawson ( I'm including the OLB with the line ).

Then there are those points made about the distraction. We'll get more than enough national attention with Rex as our coach. You can already see it with the interviews at the combine, etc. like it or not, the Bills will get a lot of attention from ESPN, NFL Network, NFL Radio, and so on.

I wish Sam the best in life and hope he parlays his 15 minutes of fame into a nice career outside of football, in the entertainment business.

Let me ask you this, and it's purely hypothetical, not making any accusations. If JJ Watt were to come out as gay, would it effect his value as a player?

Unfortunately in discussions like this, logic often has no value. The narrative is what matters.

Sam is gay and out of the league. Therefore the NFL is homophobic. Identity trumps ability

Unfortunately in discussions like this, logic often has no value. The narrative is what matters.

Sam is gay and out of the league. Therefore the NFL is homophobic. Identity trumps ability

its impossible to know what the net effect of him being gay is: it may have gotten him more exposure with teams (with some even thinking theyd get positive press for giving him a chance), while others may have shied away thinking he wasnt worth the potential distraction. but given his college career, my hunch is that overall it hurt his chances as a marginal prospect. if he were the real deal with pro-bowl talent, he would have found a roster spot for sure

Edited by JTSP

its impossible to know what the net effect of him being gay is: it may have gotten him more exposure with teams, while others may have shied away. given his college career, my hunch is that overall it hurt his chances as a marginal prospect. but if he were the real deal with pro-bowl talent, he would have found a roster spot for sure

Exactly. Whether you like it or not, it's a distraction. What teams need to consider, is if the production on the field is worth it. With an established elite player, the pros of their on the field ability, leadership skills, etc, far outweigh the media circus that would follow.