Time to build around Manuel

gjv001

Odds are we will not find a decent veteran QB replacement for Orton to play next season. Manuel is probable as good if not better than most of the QB's that will become available this off season. The Bills can get to the next level with Manuel if and only if they put players around him that can dominate. If we can keep our defense together and get a healthy Kiko Alonzo back our defense should be dominate. Now our challenge becomes to up grade the Oline and develop a dominate running game. Build a team similar to the Baltimore team that won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore's defense was arguably one of the greatest defenses of all time. Even that defense could be beat given the rule changes since 2000. If you mean put all of our eggs in the EJ Manuel basket, there's no reason to do that. Sign a veteran QB, if there is a prospect who merits a second or third round grade, draft him and let them duke it out in preseason.

Odds are we will not find a decent veteran QB replacement for Orton to play next season. Manuel is probable as good if not better than most of the QB's that will become available this off season. The Bills can get to the next level with Manuel if and only if they put players around him that can dominate. If we can keep our defense together and get a healthy Kiko Alonzo back our defense should be dominate. Now our challenge becomes to up grade the Oline and develop a dominate running game. Build a team similar to the Baltimore team that won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.

EJ is not NFL starting material, as his coach was apparently telling NFL head coaches. They goofed big time on the pick. I don't know who's available in the draft next year (and it's moot without a first rounder) but I strongly suspect we've got to look at EJ as a backup and find a longterm solution elsewhere.

Manuel has to learn not to get his receivers killed. That might be too much of a learning curve for our WRs to go through. Sammy turned into a pu$$y after two games with EJ at the helm.

I doubt Goodwin got him a Christmas present.

EJ is not NFL starting material, as his coach was apparently telling NFL head coaches. They goofed big time on the pick. I don't know who's available in the draft next year (and it's moot without a first rounder) but I strongly suspect we've got to look at EJ as a backup and find a longterm solution elsewhere.

San Diego thought the same of Drew Brees!!!

I doubt Goodwin got him a Christmas present.

Marrone was left off his Christmas list too

Cut his ch!cken$ch!tt @ss!

Manuel has to learn not to get his receivers killed. That might be too much of a learning curve for our WRs to go through. Sammy turned into a pu$$y after two games with EJ at the helm.

every time you mention the word watkins you are dead wrong. he's such a kitty for playing through injuries. keep repeating this nonsense when he's crushing the league over the next 10 years.

If a man could dream.... We would run 30 or 40 times a game. EJ would only have to throw maybe 15 times and he'd be doing it from a clean pocket.

I like big dreams!

(I'm often disappointed though.)

every time you mention the word watkins you are dead wrong. he's such a kitty for playing through injuries. keep repeating this nonsense when he's crushing the league over the next 10 years.

If I had broken ribs I'd be asking to be put into a coma, not an NFL game. He may have been dinged up, but he's tough in my book for playing through some serious stuff.

Quite honestly and regrettably, EJ may be our best option.

God help us.....

But he won't be our ONLY option besides Thad and Tuel. THAT will change.