There are NO good Qbs available

Buffalo Boy

I dare you to mention one descent QB who is currently a UFA. I know someone mentioned Sanchez in another post. We have him, younger and cheaper = EJ.

The fact is, there are no QBs available, coming available or draft able that are worth giving up picks for. Again, I say ; "This season was a complete waste in terms of playing Orton, missing the playoffs and not getting EJ experience."

The only two QBs I would like to see them bring in, CHEAP, are Mallett or Matt Moore. I'm not singing their praises but they are the best/most intriguing of a piss poor lot.

I see training camp opening next year with a new OC and Ej in a battle with someone. Who that someone is remains to be seen. If Hackett remains, it won't matter who is under center.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare you to mention one descent QB who is currently a UFA. I know someone mentioned Sanchez in another post. We have him, younger and cheaper = EJ.

The fact is, there are no QBs available, coming available or draft able that are worth giving up picks for. Again, I say ; "This season was a complete waste in terms of playing Orton, missing the playoffs and not getting EJ experience."

The only two QBs I would like to see them bring in, CHEAP, are Mallett or Matt Moore. I'm not singing their praises but they are the best/most intriguing of a piss poor lot.

I see training camp opening next year with a new OC and Ej in a battle with someone. Who that someone is remains to be seen. If Hackett remains, it won't matter who is under center.

I'm willing to give Mallett a shot, but let him compete with EJ. Manuel hasn't exactly lit up the NFL, but I think he should be given one more chance to win the job.

Down for Mallett and Moore

We are at the point where we need a competent game manager, with accuracy and mobility, who can get the ball into Sammy's hands. Quite simply, there are no Aaron Rodgers' available....so upgrade where we can. I am just not convinced EJ is accurate enough to be competent.

We are at the point where we need a competent game manager, with accuracy and mobility, who can get the ball into Sammy's hands. Quite simply, there are no Aaron Rodgers' available....so upgrade where we can. I am just not convinced EJ is accurate enough to be competent.

It's about pairing a 3rd tier guy with the right OC/scheme and hoping he plays like a 2nd tier guy- given choosing kolb, ej and orton as their guys (and loving tuel).... I'm not sure what hackett marrone want out of the position but hopefully they find the match

Edited by NoSaint

Just as an FYI...Mallet is a crack head who runs like Frankenstein. He is not an option.

I think Bradford is the only real option and that is if he doesn't sign with the Rams....which I think he will. Every else has major questions about their ability IMO. Bradford's question is obviously health. RG3? IDK. NOT MALLET OR SANCHEZ.

Been saying this for a while. There is a real drought of QB talent in the NFL.

most all are better than EJ And EJ will never amount to anything. So options are this, do the trade for Cutler or Bradford (both >>>>>>>>than EJ will ever be) or find a way to get one in the draft.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Cousins. Bradford would be the best of the bunch if he becomes available but I think STL will keep him. Other than him, Mallett would me my #2 choice followed by Sanchez. Then draft a QB in Rd3 or 4 and have a competition with EJ and Tuel also in the mix. The best man wins. Similar to the Seattle competition with Flynn, Whitehurst and Wilson. Nobody expected Wilson to win that competition the way he did and be the week 1 starter.