There are NO good Qbs available

Buffalo Boy

Russ has survived a long time in buffalo by selling the next big thing. 15 straight seasons of players, coaches, and general managers that couldn't build one team capable of finishing at least 6th in their conference. how in the world does he do it?

Answer: American dollar vs. Canadian dollar and also just general costs of living

A Buffalo Bills game is a relatively cheap high value sporting event in the eyes of Canadians. Couple months ago I bought a case of Molson beer up in Canada at one of their beer stores - cost me $55. I asked if the beer came with a jar of vasoline so at least the sodomy wouldn't be so painful. A 30 pack of Molson Canadian Costs me less than $20 here in Western NY.

You will find that damn near anything you do in Canada is very expensive compared to Western NY. That is a large part of why increasing numbers of Canadians come down here for a Bills game, yet would not bother going to Toronto when the Bills played there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it as a rumor or a quote from an analyst on ESPN or NFL channel after the Jets creamed them SUnday. As if to say it may have been Tannehill's last game as a Dolphin.

he had a good year. Interesting. Not an elite guy but plenty of promise and not sure they can do better

@JamesWalkerNFL: #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill's final numbers: 4,045 yards, 27 TDs, 12 INTs, 92.8 rating. All things considered, his 2014 was a success.

9-7 for the 1st time in years!!!

Look at how defeatist Bills fans are. People calling for changes in the FO, Coach... this is just silly. We just missed the playoffs people. A rebuild takes time and this one looks like it is working.

Find us a decent QB... all we needs is slightly better than Orton/Manuel and we are off and running. Mallet might be that guy. Bradford too.

Problem is I have zero confidence Whaley can find a slightly better QB. Look what he brought in to fill the Guard spot everyone knew was a weakness! Look at the other QBs he's gone after.

Of all the QB's that have been at least rumored to possibly be available Foles would be my clear choice...

He's had his ups and downs...But considering what may or may not be out there I can't imagine the Bills can do much better than a young QB with a career 47 TD's to only 17 INT's...I think Foles would be a decent upgrade to Orton/EJ...The rest of the possibilities leave much to be desired...I guess Sanchez would be my second choice...

That being said I think it's better than a 75% chance that EJ will be the starter in week #1 of the 2015 season... B-)

Answer: American dollar vs. Canadian dollar and also just general costs of living

A Buffalo Bills game is a relatively cheap high value sporting event in the eyes of Canadians. Couple months ago I bought a case of Molson beer up in Canada at one of their beer stores - cost me $55. I asked if the beer came with a jar of vasoline so at least the sodomy wouldn't be so painful. A 30 pack of Molson Canadian Costs me less than $20 here in Western NY.

You will find that damn near anything you do in Canada is very expensive compared to Western NY. That is a large part of why increasing numbers of Canadians come down here for a Bills game, yet would not bother going to Toronto when the Bills played there.

thanks, CBF.. i wasn't thinking in terms of our freinds to the north, but you make a lot of sense.. i was, however, referring to Russ's ability to always add some hopeful wrinkle to an upcoming season - something to stir up all the fans

I'm willing to give Mallett a shot, but let him compete with EJ.

How kind of you.

Why would the Texans trade a pick for Mallet if they aren't going to make a push to sign him and let him compete with their own questionable QB situation?

And if they dont sign him, why wouldnt Mallet head somewhere he doesnt have to compete?

thanks, CBF.. i wasn't thinking in terms of our freinds to the north, but you make a lot of sense.. i was, however, referring to Russ's ability to always add some hopeful wrinkle to an upcoming season - something to stir up all the fans

What did I do?

Anyway..... your welcome!

This is all true.

When I come to WNY I feel rich.

I stock up on the vasoline like you do to make the sodomy wont be as bad when I come home.

I would ask how cheap gas is for you guys but I dont want to get into the metric conversion discussion.

As of this morning gas here is $0.97 per litre so I dont know what that would work out to in gallons and I'm too lazy to look it up

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

This is all true.

When I come to WNY I feel rich.

I stock up on the vasoline like you do to make the sodomy wont be as bad when I come home.

I would ask how cheap gas is for you guys but I don't want to get into the metric conversion discussion.

As of this morning gas here is $0.97 per liter so I don't know what that would work out to in gallons and I'm too lazy to look it up

About 3.79 liters = 1 gallon So your gas is approximately $3.67 per gallon. Gas here in the states is about $1 cheaper per gallon roughly.

lol - meant that 'thank you' for Polish Dave, because he told me something i didn't know.

but thank you too, CBF.. for .. i don't know.. how about.. for wisdom to be named later?

I always thought the Bills (Brandon in particular) was masterful at promoting a team that has a losing track record. I couldn't believe season ticket sales would go up and games would continuously sell out even though the product on the field was bad. In fact, I kept meeting local people who had dropped their season tickets because the Bills had sucked for too long. And at the same time I was not meeting anybody new in my local area who was buying season tickets. I could not figure out who these people were that Brandon was somehow convincing to buy up all these tickets the Bills were selling when the team just continued sucking.

Then I started asking more people in the stadium who sit around me. When someone new comes in, I ask them where they are from. Low and behold I began realizing that a huge percentage of the fans attending the games are Canadians. I am glad they come and they are generally pretty awesome people. But, it began dawning on me that maybe it wasn't the awesome marketing job the Bills were doing and maybe it had much more to do with life in Canada.

I sat down and had a long discussion with a Canadian friend of mine. He told me that Canadians who live within 1 hour of the border absolutely love to come to the Buffalo area to do things, especially football and hockey. They love it because it feels like a cheap (day/night) out for them because it seems like everything is cheaper in WNY.

I eventually came to the realization that the Bills (or Brandon) don't really need to do anything superior when it comes to marketing the team. The uptrend in Canadian fans (due to the economic situation) is a trend that will occur completely independently of how good of a job the Bills do at marketing. For the time being at least (as long as things seem cheap in WNY) the Canadian NFL fan attendance will continue its upward trend here in Buffalo. Pretty soon we will need to sing the American national anthem along with the Canadian anthem just like hockey games in Buffalo.

I am extremely thankful that pretty much all the Canadians I meet are very easy to get along with and pretty cool (normal) people. Otherwise it would suck.