Sanchez would be my choice at QB + offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

He's a FA - no need to trade

Cheaper to sign than Cutler or Bradford

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

Draft a QB in 1st next year if Sanchez doesn't look like a long term answer

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign at least one premium Guard

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

QB - 5th rd or lower if decent prospect there; to replace Tuel

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

I'd like to sign or draft a DOMINANT center and move Wood to a guard.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, bring in Rick Trickett as offensive line coach. He's FSU Oline coach and has 3 interior linemen projected to be drafted in first 2 rds.

great coach

Is that coaching or recruiting?

both IMO. FSU has great recruits but the transition from a HS 5 star to a dominant college player to a legit 1st rd pro prospect is very related to how the coaches develop them.

I think the Pats starting center is a rookie from FSU

Edited by YoloinOhio

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

Anyone else who sucks

If Sanchez is OK with you, then I want to be on the other side. You must be joking!!!!

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

Only with a #1 rushing attack and a #1 defense. No thank you.

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

I like this general idea. Everyone who slams Sanchez cannot come up with a better option. Also, it clears up cash for Hughes, a top Guard, and Searcy. (in that order). Then we can draft a top-ish OG/OT, TE, etc. This sets up well. Sanchez does have a vet presence and experience in the playoffs, and if he stinks it up, EJ is still here (and built around, so the "start EJ crowd is happy). This really solves most issues.

Good to know Mr Buttfumble is high on somebody's list.

Now if only the Bills had Chip kelly as HC, and his entire offensive coaching staff. Not to mention that Philly O line, and LeSean McCoy at RB

Sanchez did pretty well with the Jets. Better than any QB on the Bills since Kelly, and better than anyone else mentioned as a potential QB.

I'd like to sign or draft a DOMINANT center and move Wood to a guard.

this is not a bad idea either. Really, I think we draft the top OG/OT/C available.

I think he has potential to be a starter again. He has been a starter before, and a successful one. He has been to the playoffs twice. More than I can say for Cutler or Bradford each of whom played with good defenses. Yet both would cost a lot more both in salary and perhaps trade. Philly's defense is terrible and he was always having to play from behind. I think on this team, he would be in a better situation for him to be successful.

JMO. There isn't a franchise QB out there who everyone would say is a slam dunk. I think he is the best option for 2015.

You keep mentioning Sanchez being a successful QB and in the playoffs twice. Was that last year? Was it the year before that or the year before that? No it was 4,5,6 years ago which is irrelevant today.

Philly's defense is not terrible, their secondary and mainly Flecther is terrible which unless you only watched the second Dallas game you would know and they certainly were not playing from behind all year.

Sanchez is a backup and very similar to Fitzpatrick and Orton but with a weaker arm.

I like what I've seen from Matt Moore. I actually like him better than Tannehil- he shows some fire and leadership in the huddle and made some plays when he had the chance

I agree with you and think that the Fins wasted their #1 pick on Tanneyhill when they could have went with Moore and upgraded their roster at another position. Not sure they would be any worse off with Moore and probably better off in the long run with a better #1 pick.

Does Sanchez have the kind of "professional preparation and attitude" that this staff is going to be looking for (and that would be a good influence on any young QB (Manuel or other)?

Reportedly, he lacked some of that in NY where he appeared to want to be more of a celebrity than a NFL QB. Perhaps being cut and playing backup for a while has helped him mature, but that is what I'd be concerned about.

I agree with you and think that the Fins wasted their #1 pick on Tanneyhill when they could have went with Moore and upgraded their roster at another position. Not sure they would be any worse off with Moore and probably better off in the long run with a better #1 pick.

Man, I disagree. Tannehill had a very good year and we'd have made the playoffs with him as our QB. 67% completions, 4000+ yards, 27 TDs to 12 INTS - that's pretty good IMHO.