Sanchez would be my choice at QB + offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

Idk, if Orton was still on the Bills it would have been definitely a no. Sanchez is no better than Orton. With Orton now gone, not sure how terrible on an idea it is? I don't like him and think he's not a great QB but what other choice do the Bills have if Bradford or Cutler aren't on the trading block?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez is a good option. He didn't live up to the #5 pick in the draft but he's an experienced player who's made it to 2 championship games and actually looked good at times for the Jets where QBs never succeed. I also thought he played well with the Eagles this year aside from the INT against the Redskins that basically ended their playoff hopes. It was the Eagels' defense that costed them this year IMO. Sanchez is constantly knocked for one clumsy play (butt fumble). Key word being ONE clumsy play out of the many different plays he has run in his career. I would be satisfied with him for the time being (I'd take Foles too).

Sanchez is a good option. He didn't live up to the #5 pick in the draft but he's an experienced player who's made it to 2 championship games and actually looked good at times for the Jets where QBs never succeed. I also thought he played well with the Eagles this year aside from the INT against the Redskins that basically ended their playoff hopes. It was the Eagels' defense that costed them this year IMO. Sanchez is constantly knocked for one clumsy play (butt fumble). Key word being ONE clumsy play out of the many different plays he has run in his career. I would be satisfied with him for the time being (I'd take Foles too).

this is pretty much my thought process. If there were other great options available of franchise starting QBs who never make mistakes and don't cost huge contracts and trade scenarios I would take them. There arent.

Let's follow average with even more average. Solid plan....

what is yours?

He's a FA - no need to trade

Cheaper to sign than Cutler or Bradford

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

Draft a QB in 1st next year if Sanchez doesn't look like a long term answer

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign at least one premium Guard

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

QB - 5th rd or lower if decent prospect there; to replace Tuel

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

Sanchez is a turnover machine. No

this is pretty much my thought process. If there were other great options available of franchise starting QBs who never make mistakes and don't cost huge contracts and trade scenarios I would take them. There arent.

what is yours?

Why make a change just for the sake of making a change? Orton had a season and failed. In two seasons, EJ has started a grand total of 15 games. I don't want another cast off reject from one (or more) other teams leading the Bills. Let EJ have his shot for an entire season. If he fails, then look to the 2016 draft. Very simple to me.

Why make a change just for the sake of making a change? Orton had a season and failed. In two seasons, EJ has started a grand total of 15 games. I don't want another cast off reject from one (or more) other teams leading the Bills. Let EJ have his shot for an entire season. If he fails, then look to the 2016 draft. Very simple to me.

How is it even possible for a person to write off EJ and think Sanchez is an option?

Regardless of anyones' thoughts on EJ there needs to be another QB in the mix at OBD. You can not go into the Offseason with just EJ and Tuel.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

clearly the OL needs fixed as well as the running game. If they do that I believe they can win more with Sanchez than they did with Orton and make the playoffs

haven't they been trying to "fix" the o- line for two years and running? What makes you think Whaley gets it right in his third try?

i don't think they are looking at this season as another try out year

Btw I never said get rid if EJ. Let him win the job in camp. If he does , great. But you need another option in case he is the same as last year.

haven't they been trying to "fix" the o- line for two years and running? What makes you think Whaley gets it right in his third try?

i said "wish list" not "offseason prediction"

Regardless of anyones' thoughts on EJ there needs to be another QB in the mix at OBD. You can not go into the Offseason with just EJ and Tuel.

I don't disagree but it can't be Sanchez who is a proven failure over and over again. The BEST way to see this is to attend a game where he is the QB. Seeing the whole field and watching the choices he makes is mind blowing. I get that people have differing opinions on EJ but Sanchez is a waste of snaps.

Btw I never said get rid if EJ. Let him win the job in camp. If he does , great. But you need another option in case he is the same as last year.

I don't think you do. This Bills team keeps bringing in journeyman to "compete". Forget competition. Give EJ all the reps with the first team. He either succeeds or fails. Splitting time with some middling QB that's failed with other teams is just that. You're wasting 50% of your reps/practice on someone that's not going to be your starter. I have no desire to see Orton/Cousins/Sanchez/Glennan/Bradford/Anderson/Clausen/Flynn/Gabbert/Campbell/Hoyer/Vick/Clemens/"Insert name here". Maybe that's just me. Regardless of how you convince yourself, none of them are an improvement over what we had this year.

There's no way they go into camp without a vet. I think he is the best of what is not a good list of options.

I would disagree with that 100%. I'd take Glennon all day over Sanchez and his 1+ turnovers per touchdown. I'd probably take Hoyer too and even Derek Anderson. Sanchez is trash.