Sanchez would be my choice at QB + offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

This. Sanchez is a turnover machine who will looks lost behind a bad o-line. The Jets had a pretty damn good o-line in those AFC championship seasons.

This isn't an endorsement of Sanchez but all Mediocre QBs look bad behind a bad OL as what makes them mediocre is what they do when protection breaks down.

It's why priority #1 has to be to shore up the OL. Give a QB a respectable running game and time to throw and even mediocre QBs can look pretty good.

It's also why you need a good OL with a young QB as those guys just aren't going to look good without protection and a running game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't want to trade picks this year and want to be in position to take Connor Cook next year in the 1st. Sanchez is the best of the FAs this year IMO.

Went 5-4 this year with a worse defense, 64%, 88 rating, would have thrown close to 4400 yards if extrapolated to all year. Let him and EJ play for the starting job in camp. Sanchez has experience in getting to where we want to go in this division and as long as we upgrade the running game and OL (and we will need money to do that and sign our defensive guys Hughes and Searcy so I would rather not throw all this money at a guy like Cutler).

Looking at who is currently available, Mallett would probably be my #1 choice and then Sanchez.

Plus draft a QB in Rd2,3 or 4.

We are in desperation mode at this point, no high quality QBs out there. Bring Mallet/Sanchez in to compete with Manuel and hope for the best.

Looking at who is currently available, Mallett would probably be my #1 choice and then Sanchez.

Plus draft a QB in Rd2,3 or 4.

We are in desperation mode at this point, no high quality QBs out there. Bring Mallet/Sanchez in to compete with Manuel and hope for the best.

Mallett would be my top choice also. Looked like he can read a defense and play in this league watching him against Cleveland. Big unknown is that muscle tear affecting his arm strength, but worth taking a chance on. Hoyer, no way. Not the strongest arm and predictable tendencies. Draft one also.