Sanchez would be my choice at QB + offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

He's a FA - no need to trade

Cheaper to sign than Cutler or Bradford

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

Draft a QB in 1st next year if Sanchez doesn't look like a long term answer

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign at least one premium Guard

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

QB - 5th rd or lower if decent prospect there; to replace Tuel

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be kidding me. Did you watch any Eagles games the year? He is s big reason why they are not in the playoffs and will most likely not be back with them even though they also have unsettled QB situation even with Foles.

Sanchez is a backup nothing more and I'm tired of backups

Edited by Max997

I agree that he would be a cheapish option, and I do think with a top defense he can get the team to the playoffs. Our defense did a good job of not making turnovers cost us too many points. But, I don't think he can make us a championship team. If the goal is just playoffs and not a real SB contender, sure, he's a fair choice.

I still want to believe that there is a better option out there.

You have to be kidding me. Did you watch any Eagles games the year? He is s big reason why they are not in the playoffs and will most likely not be back with them even though they also have unsettled QB situation even with Foles.

Sanchez is a backup nothing more and I'm tired of backups

I think he has potential to be a starter again. He has been a starter before, and a successful one. He has been to the playoffs twice. More than I can say for Cutler or Bradford each of whom played with good defenses. Yet both would cost a lot more both in salary and perhaps trade. Philly's defense is terrible and he was always having to play from behind. I think on this team, he would be in a better situation for him to be successful.

JMO. There isn't a franchise QB out there who everyone would say is a slam dunk. I think he is the best option for 2015.

Not bad considering our options. Retaining Hughes, searcy, and Wynn and fixing oline should be priority. I like the idea of improving RB position and returning to team that was second leading rushing team in nfl last season

He's a FA - no need to trade

Cheaper to sign than Cutler or Bradford

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

Draft a QB next year.

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign at least one premium Guard

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

QB - 5th rd or lower if decent prospect there; to replace Tuel

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

1st Lee Smith and Erik Pears are FA's

http://overthecap.co.../buffalo-bills/

Cut

Keith Rivers - $550k dead money, saves $2.2mm

Urbik could be interesting: $1.4mm dead money, $2.275mm savings if cut by June 1st.

Chandler, too. $600k dead money, $1.3mm savings.

Fine with Sanchez, not many better options. He'll be cheaper then Matt Moore, surprisingly.

Retain

Searcy, Wynn, Easley, and Thigpen.

Offer reasonable contracts

Hogan, Lee Smith, Spikes - fair and honest contracts, let them decide.

Should be tight to the cap, backloading might be worthwhile.

Float offers to Buluaga and Iuiauiauiauaputooey

Draft:

OL - OC/OG - drafting an OC and flipping him to OG or if an OG gets hurt keeping the best 5 on field using Wood at OG and rook at OC... Miami did it well.

TE - Funchess and/or Heuerman (the latter likely a 3rd or 4th, the former could slip to 2nd depending on combine).

QB - 4th if very good.

In 4th round straight BPA. Hell, more or less going BPA will easy because there is no quality in this draft.

Edited by jboyst62

I agree that he would be a cheapish option, and I do think with a top defense he can get the team to the playoffs. Our defense did a good job of not making turnovers cost us too many points. But, I don't think he can make us a championship team. If the goal is just playoffs and not a real SB contender, sure, he's a fair choice.

I think for 2015 the answer is yes to that. JMO. I want to believe there is a better option too, but I don't see it.

Sanchez? Is this a real post LOL? While I definitely think he never was given a chance to succeed in NY I will also say it is definitely too late now. There is soooooo many better directions to go then Mark Sanchez. I would literally rather have any of these guys starting for the Bills in 2015 over Mark Sanchez. Not that all of these are superstar options, but to be fair we just need to get DECENT play out of the QB position to be an 11 win team with our current roster.

(no particular order)

Nick Foles

Jake Locker

RG3

Mike Glennon

Geno Smith

Brian Hoyer

Austin Davis

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

With the right OC and game plans, the Jets went to consecutive AFC Championships with him under center. We don't have the right OC or O-line to succeed with Sanchez as the QB.

With the right OC and game plans, the Jets went to consecutive AFC Championships with him under center. We don't have the right OC or O-line to succeed with Sanchez as the QB.

clearly the OL needs fixed as well as the running game. If they do that I believe they can win more with Sanchez than they did with Orton and make the playoffs

1st Lee Smith and Erik Pears are FA's

http://overthecap.co.../buffalo-bills/

Cut

Keith Rivers - $550k dead money, saves $2.2mm

Urbik could be interesting: $1.4mm dead money, $2.275mm savings if cut by June 1st.

Chandler, too. $600k dead money, $1.3mm savings.

Fine with Sanchez, not many better options. He'll be cheaper then Matt Moore, surprisingly.

I am by no means claiming he is great ... but he is the best guard on the team was playing out of position once they put him in. I don't think you can get rid of him without signing a proven guard from a different team.

Defense, too. The Jets were an elite defense both years.