Sanchez would be my choice at QB + offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you do. This Bills team keeps bringing in journeyman to "compete". Forget competition. Give EJ all the reps with the first team. He either succeeds or fails. Splitting time with some middling QB that's failed with other teams is just that. You're wasting 50% of your reps/practice on someone that's not going to be your starter. I have no desire to see Orton/Cousins/Sanchez/Glennan/Bradford/Anderson/Clausen/Flynn/Gabbert/Campbell/Hoyer/Vick/Clemens/"Insert name here". Maybe that's just me. Regardless of how you convince yourself, none of them are an improvement over what we had this year.

that is what they did last year. It didn't work.

I don't think you do. This Bills team keeps bringing in journeyman to "compete". Forget competition. Give EJ all the reps with the first team. He either succeeds or fails. Splitting time with some middling QB that's failed with other teams is just that. You're wasting 50% of your reps/practice on someone that's not going to be your starter. I have no desire to see Orton/Cousins/Sanchez/Glennan/Bradford/Anderson/Clausen/Flynn/Gabbert/Campbell/Hoyer/Vick/Clemens/"Insert name here". Maybe that's just me. Regardless of how you convince yourself, none of them are an improvement over what we had this year.

Isn't that what basically happened this year through the training camp and the first 4 games? That is not an indictment on EJ just an observation.

If Bradford had a guarantee of health he is far better than else anyone on that list.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Sanchez is a good option. He didn't live up to the #5 pick in the draft but he's an experienced player who's made it to 2 championship games and actually looked good at times for the Jets where QBs never succeed. I also thought he played well with the Eagles this year aside from the INT against the Redskins that basically ended their playoff hopes. It was the Eagels' defense that costed them this year IMO. Sanchez is constantly knocked for one clumsy play (butt fumble). Key word being ONE clumsy play out of the many different plays he has run in his career. I would be satisfied with him for the time being (I'd take Foles too).

He's knocked for throwing 80 INTs in his short career. Just like everyone saying the Bills D carried this team, so did the Jets D carry them to 2 Championship games

Isn't that what basically happened this year through the training camp and the first 4 games? That is not an indictment on EJ just an observation.

No. He shared reps with the first team with the other QB's. Orton was brought in later. It's just NOT what they did. They played the "crutch" game at quarterback despite their lip service that "EJ was their guy". Pretty pathetic.

He's knocked for throwing 80 INTs in his short career. Just like everyone saying the Bills D carried this team, so did the Jets D carry them to 2 Championship games

This. Let's cite the reality of his body of work. Rode the D to the playoffs, almost like Kyle Orton did this year.

No. He shared reps with the first team with the other QB's. Orton was brought in later. It's just NOT what they did. They played the "crutch" game at quarterback despite their lip service that "EJ was their guy". Pretty pathetic.

no he didn't share reps until the end of camp. They had no choice with how it was going.

This. Let's cite the reality of his body of work. Rode the D to the playoffs, almost like Kyle Orton did this year.

so why not do it again?

Sanchez is a marginal starter. My big issue with him is he isn't good enough to win you games but he is turnover prone. If you assume that our defense will be good again then we can't have turnover machine at QB. Turnovers when your offense can run up and down the field have less of an impact than when you are depending on your defense. Its the same reason why I don't want a guy like Cutler at QB either. Ideally I would make a trade for RGIII but I wouldn't give up the picks needed to make that happen.

Sanchez is a tough guy to even come back after that butt fumble business. He's not a good fit here though. Hoyer might be interesting because he's smart, mobile and has worked through a situation where a team is trying to develop a QB beside him. He also spent time in NE.

Spiller is probably gone. In the 2nd or 3rd round, a guy like Duke Johnson might be available. He has the vision and hands that Spiller doesn't but has similar speed/agility.

Hughes might get too expensive. Have to think the Bills will look to lock up Dareus and Gilmore long term this offseason. If Hughes doesn't come back, have to find someone who can fill that role at a lower cost long term. Maybe look at Adrian Clayborn, Kroy Biermann or Cliff Avril to go along with a young guy from the draft like Nate Orchard or Eli Harold.

no he didn't share reps until the end of camp. They had no choice with how it was going.

so why not do it again?

Why not do it again? We couldn't do it with Orton and he's a better QB than Sanchez. The D can't play much better than they have the last 2 years. Are either of these true:

A - You are Mark Sanchez

B - You have wood for the guy

There is a TON of guys (this year more than ever) that are looking for starting jobs without ever being given a real chance. If we were ever going to get a young FA quarterback this would be the year. Id hate to start over with another rookie quarterback because this defense is just going to get older and older while we are trying to find a new guy every 2 years. Unfortunately, I dont think any QB has a chance to succeed until this offense is opened up a little bit. Way too predictable, and way too conservative.

I just think that if he wasnt able to succeed with Kelly then what hope does he have here with Hacket?

CBF

he did fine IMO. The eagles were not a good enough team defensively to make the playoffs but I wouldn't say "he" couldn't succeed under Chip Kelly.

I think he's a realistic option who could make sense for this team at this time. I don't think he's an elite QB. Sorry, those aren't available.

Why not do it again? We couldn't do it with Orton and he's a better QB than Sanchez. The D can't play much better than they have the last 2 years. Are either of these true:

A - You are Mark Sanchez

intelligent post

I don't agree Orton is better

He's a FA - no need to trade

Cheaper to sign than Cutler or Bradford

Has shown he can make and win playoff games on this type of team. In this division.

He is young enough to not mail it in like Orton but experienced enough to give you a veteran presence

Draft a QB in 1st next year if Sanchez doesn't look like a long term answer

In FA-

sign or tag Hughes

Sign at least one premium Guard

Sign Searcy

Draft-

RB

TE

QB - 5th rd or lower if decent prospect there; to replace Tuel

OL

Cut-

Pears

Lee Smith

Anyone else who sucks

totally agree but keep Lee smith, guy can block and when thrown to can make some nice grabs like yesterdays 1st catch.

With the right OC and game plans, the Jets went to consecutive AFC Championships with him under center. We don't have the right OC or O-line to succeed with Sanchez as the QB.

This. Sanchez is a turnover machine who will looks lost behind a bad o-line. The Jets had a pretty damn good o-line in those AFC championship seasons.

A - You are Mark Sanchez

At least Sanchez would have dove for the first down.

Sanchez is a good option. He didn't live up to the #5 pick in the draft but he's an experienced player who's made it to 2 championship games and actually looked good at times for the Jets where QBs never succeed. I also thought he played well with the Eagles this year aside from the INT against the Redskins that basically ended their playoff hopes. It was the Eagels' defense that costed them this year IMO. Sanchez is constantly knocked for one clumsy play (butt fumble). Key word being ONE clumsy play out of the many different plays he has run in his career. I would be satisfied with him for the time being (I'd take Foles too).

If we had an ok o-line....but we don't. His propensity to turn the ball over will make that defense look a lot worse.

Edited by Bronc24

This. Sanchez is a turnover machine who will looks lost behind a bad o-line.

At least Sanchez would have dove for the first down.

If we had an ok o-line....but we don't. His propensity to turn the ball over will make that defense look a lot worse.

clearly it is predicated on having a good OL and running game

Nick Foles

Jake Locker

RG3

Mike Glennon

Geno Smith

Brian Hoyer

Austin Davis

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

Foles - I could live with that

Locker - no way

Glennon - like the skills but not sure, possibility but is he an upgrade

Smith/Hoyer/Bradford - hell no

Austin - not enough experience

Cutler - cap hit would destroy any hope at keep Hughes in Buffalo and that defense in tack.

You have to be kidding me. Did you watch any Eagles games the year? He is s big reason why they are not in the playoffs and will most likely not be back with them even though they also have unsettled QB situation even with Foles.

Sanchez is a backup nothing more and I'm tired of backups

I agree with you. Load all of the cap money into starters and just keep 23 players

Sanchez? Is this a real post LOL? While I definitely think he never was given a chance to succeed in NY I will also say it is definitely too late now. There is soooooo many better directions to go then Mark Sanchez. I would literally rather have any of these guys starting for the Bills in 2015 over Mark Sanchez. Not that all of these are superstar options, but to be fair we just need to get DECENT play out of the QB position to be an 11 win team with our current roster.

(no particular order)

Nick Foles

Jake Locker

RG3

Mike Glennon

Geno Smith

Brian Hoyer

Austin Davis

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

I'd actually pay to keep Cutler off the team

orton is gone. He needs replaced. Whether he is better is irrelevant at this point.

I'd take a half dozen other QBs before Sanchez. Foles, Hoyer, Glennon, Bradford. Maybe it's just because I saw Sanchez play a lot in the AFC East and I think he stinks. Clearly you see him differently. I will be very surprised and disappointed if the Bills seek him out.

I'd take a half dozen other QBs before Sanchez. Foles, Hoyer, Glennon, Bradford. Maybe it's just because I saw Sanchez play a lot in the AFC East and I think he stinks. Clearly you see him differently. I will be very surprised and disappointed if the Bills seek him out.

I like what I've seen from Matt Moore. I actually like him better than Tannehil- he shows some fire and leadership in the huddle and made some plays when he had the chance