How can you compare Watkins & Beckham

Billsfan1972

When the last week of the season Beckham catches 12 passes for 185 yards on 21!!!!! targets? The last 9 weeks of the season he was targeted 116 times or 12.89 times/game and caught 81 passes. Now I don't watch every NYG games like I do Bills games, but on the highlights he's running open or has separation on pass plays designed to do just that.

Yesterday Watkins had 5 targets (the two incompletions was one lousy pass that should have been an easy catch and the other OB). Last 9 weeks 30 catches on 67 targets (and probably 35 of them throwaways and uncatchable).

Just design some plays and throw him the damn ball!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep when the ball is thrown to you in position to catch it and 5.5X/gm more it certainly looks that way..... I say it's because Orton is lousy at reads, throws uncatchable balls (or throwaways) and routes they send Watkins on have little or no separation. But keep on explaining how lousy the trade was......

All you can really say now is they're both very good players. Neither of their teams are in the playoffs so neither one is Superman. Any comparison now doesn't mean much. Let's talk in 4 or 5 years and see how they both develop. My prediction is they'll both be very good but Watkins will be at the 98th percentile while Beckham is at the 95th.

Beckham doesn't just have a legitimate QB, he has a legitimate OC.

Beckham is not better. The difference is easy to explain: eli manning is a far better qb, and he targets his top playmaker. Orton is a worse qb, and for better or worse the bills' passing offense is designed to distribute the ball broadly to watkins, woods, chandler, hogan, the backs, and whoever the second te might be. The giants passed for 600 more yards than the bills and were nearly a full yard better on ypa. The bills were sacked a lot more too (6.3 percent per dropback vs 4.7 percent for the giants) and that took away some of the planned deep throws. The bills were involved in far fewer shootouts too.

Last but not least, the bills played a far tougher defensive schedule. 13 of their 16 games came against teams in the top half of the league in yards allowed per game. The raiders (21st), the browns (23rd), and the bears (30th) were the only statistically weak defenses they faced.

The Giants faced only 5 defenses in the top half of the league. They racked up yards against weak defenses, basically.

Edited by dave mcbride

Beckham is not better. The difference is easy to explain: eli manning is a far better qb, and he targets his top playmaker. Orton is a worse qb, and for better or worse the bills' passing offense is designed to distribute the ball broadly to watkins, woods, chandler, hogan, the backs, and whoever the second te might be. The giants passed for 600 more yards than the bills and were nearly a full yard better on ypa. The bills were sacked a lot more too (6.3 percent per dropback vs 4.7 percent for the giants) and that took away some of the planned deep throws.

Last but not least, the bills played a far tougher defensive schedule. 13 of their 16 games came against teams in the top half of the league in yards allowed per game. The raiders (21st), the browns (23rd), and the bears (30th) were the only statistically weak defenses they faced.

The Giants faced only 5 defenses in the top half of the league. They racked up yards against weak defenses, basically.

why do people use facts to get in the way of a good story ?? (sarcasm)

Beckham'a a lot better that's why. He has leaping ability and body control that give him the "open when covered" quality Sammy doesn't have. He's also a much better route runner.

Posts like this show the rest of us how little you know about the sport. Your hardon for ODB is fine, he's a good player, but your analysis is utterly silly. Not as silly as your claim that Sammy is in fact a DB trying to play WR, but laughable all the same.

Just it get's tough to watch after a while. You have a star to cheer for and see so little attempts go his direction. He ranked 24th in yards and with a real QB should have been in the top 10. Tough to watch as he was targeted 128 times and I swear the majority of those targets were lousy passes or Orton/EJ throwing it into the ground.

If Watkins was targeted as much as Beckham, Watkins would have similar stats. Also Eli and their OC give Beckham a chance to make a play on the ball. Watkins can make every catch Beckham can.

I was going to say "wake me when Watkins puts together a single game highlight reel where he shows the leaping ability, body control, route running, and yac like Beckham's last game (and pretty much all the other ones he played in)" .... but that would mean never being woken up.

http://www.nfl.com/g...0446&tab=videos

Edited by JTSP

I was going to say "wake me when Watkins puts together a single game highlight reel where he shows the leaping ability, body control, route running, and yac like Beckham's last game (and pretty much all the other ones he played in)" .... but that would mean never being woken up.

http://www.nfl.com/g...0446&tab=videos

Your continued failure to understand context, or the sport of football, is astounding for someone who posts here as much as you do.

Happy New Year :beer: