Suh suspension overturned [was: at it again]

Yup. The first step looks accidental, the second one not at all accidental. And he puts all his weight onto that foot and rocks on it. I don't believe it's a "Suh punishment" either his teammate was just suspended for purposely stepping on another player.

If it's malicious the league is going to punish.

it was not his teammates first incident either.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who has accidentally stepped on a cat or dog (tail, leg, whatever) can tell you, when you accidentally step on something, you immediately take your weight off that leg. Suh did that exact opposite. I cant believe anyone is defending his actions.

In this case, I think the real damning evidence is that, after the event, Suh just walked away. Let's say it was an accident. Suh had to know he just stepped on someone, and that someone was likely Rodgers. Did he turn to see if Rodgers was OK. Did he make a "dude I'm sorry" reaction after this "accident"? Nope. he just walked away. Never looked back.

This is a guy with a history of dirty play, who always says those plays were unintentional. Perhaps he might be more believable if he acted like someone who was sorry for what happened, immediately after it happened. Sorry, I cant' say what his intentions were, I'm not a mind reader. But history isn't on his side, and neither was his immediate reaction after stepping on someone. I'd have suspended him longer.

In this case, I think the real damning evidence is that, after the event, Suh just walked away. Let's say it was an accident. Suh had to know he just stepped on someone, and that someone was likely Rodgers. Did he turn to see if Rodgers was OK. Did he make a "dude I'm sorry" reaction after this "accident"? Nope. he just walked away. Never looked back.

This is a guy with a history of dirty play, who always says those plays were unintentional. Perhaps he might be more believable if he acted like someone who was sorry for what happened, immediately after it happened. Sorry, I cant' say what his intentions were, I'm not a mind reader. But history isn't on his side, and neither was his immediate reaction after stepping on someone. I'd have suspended him longer.

+1

Lions' Suh has suspension rescinded, will play Sunday; fined $70K

http://sports.yahoo....-223230996.html

Never did like Ted Cotrell

This comes as no surpise at all. Goddel's and the NFL's main job is making $$ for the owners and ratings. In this case he gets both. The douche should be fned 500K and 4 game suspension.

You Got to hope they meet again in the playoffs now. If it would have been a regular game suspension it never would be overturned.

This comes as no surpise at all. Goddel's and the NFL's main job is making $$ for the owners and ratings. In this case he gets both. The douche should be fned 500K and 4 game suspension.

You Got to hope they meet again in the playoffs now. If it would have been a regular game suspension it never would be overturned.

I don't see how his suspension would have changed ratings. Was anyone really not going to watch if Suh was out?

I don't see how his suspension would have changed ratings. Was anyone really not going to watch if Suh was out?

doubtful, but maybe fringe NFL fans may tune in to see what this guy is all about? because of the drama since Sunday. Certainly ESPN will continue to make a big overblown deal out of it. Controversy sells. The "sports reporters" will be all over this.

In a letter to Suh explaining the decision to allow Suh to play on Sunday but fine him $70,000, Cottrell makes clear that he believes Suh knew he was standing on Rodgers leg.

'Although I accept that your feet may have been cold on a late December day in Green Bay, it is difficult for me to believe that you did not feel Aaron Rodgers leg under you as you stepped on him twice' Cottrell wrote. While you may not have consciously intended to cause injury to the opposing player that you stepped on, I nonetheless believe that you could have avoided and had the responsibility to avoid making such dangerous contact with your opponents leg twice. Your conduct was a clear violation of the Playing Rules and was outside the normal course of the game of football. It must be emphasized that illegal acts that jeopardize the safety of other players, as was certainly the case here, will not be tolerated in this League.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/ted-cottrell-doesnt-believe-suh-didnt-feel-rodgerss-leg/

Anybody who has accidentally stepped on a cat or dog (tail, leg, whatever) can tell you, when you accidentally step on something, you immediately take your weight off that leg. Suh did that exact opposite. I cant believe anyone is defending his actions.

Your example might be ok except for the fact that d and o linemen are playing in a short area all game and step on things that aren't flat all game long. Ankles, feet, arms, hands. They get rolled on, chipped by RB. Piled onto when they are on the ground. So, most agree the 1st step is ok. To me the second step was nothing more than that, a second step to balance himself. I already know most won't agree. No problem. The media showed the clip that made it look terrible and intentional. The clip I provided at least shows it wasn't what the media made it out to be. And a lot of sheep fell for it. Not the kind to say I told you so, but I did come out and provide a link that espn and the likes didn't show, and came to his defense. This angle SHOULD change SOME people's minds, but some have a preconceived perception of Sue. I mentioned earlier, he is a dirty player, but some things are blown out of proportion.

Edited by Dopey

@AdamSchefter: During appeal, Ndamukong Suh said his feet were numb from cold and he couldn't tell difference between Aaron Rodgers' feet and the ground.

And the dumb ass NFL execs bought that, hahahahahahahahaahahahaahaha :)

The reality is, they wanted a good game between the Lions and Cowboys. Show me the money.

Edited by CodeMonkey

"Fringe NFL fans" have no idea who Suh is and are not going to tune into a game to watch some D-linemen play

This has nothing to do with ratings

The NFL has little power anymore to discipline their players anymore cause now whatever they do us either too little or too much and the players will fight to have it overturned.