We lost today

Webster Guy

"Dropped further back in the draft order"? Who cares? Bills don't have a first round pick,anyway. These coaches and players are professionals, and the goal is to develop a winning culture. You do that by actually WINNING. There would have been no value in putting Manual out there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. This is what I was trying to say from the beginning. I guess I'm assuming we are still going to give EJ another chance, if not then of course we want the win, even if its a scrub win.

Is the goal to get 9 wins or to win a superbowl? If its the latter then the preseason for next year starts the second you're mathematically eliminated.

My hatred of the Pats isnt as strong as my desire to win a ring.

I also believe EJ would have won the game for us, but I guess I'm more optimistic than most.

Well, Manuel couldn't have put up any fewer points in the 2nd half than Orton did. The question is, could he have played as well as Orton did in the first half. Marrone obviously thought he could not.

Also, I am in the camp that as soon as you are eliminated from the playoffs it should be considered next years pre-season. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Did Orton need more playing time so we can evaluate him, or did EJ?

Moves like this are so painfully shortsighted its laughable.

You are 90% correct! Where you are incorrect is regarding evaluating EJ Maneul. He needs no more evaluation. He's not cut out for the NFL.

Everything else you said is perfectly stated.

EJ should be progressing in practice, you think young player dont get better in practice? Rookie year and 4 games is enough? No growth? Just dump and go?

I listened to Marrone get interviewed by Sal C on WGR recently. On the topic of EJ, he said...that EJ was removed for a number of reasons, including the fact that he had regressed in some of the things they had been teaching him since day one. So, it wasn't just the performance, it was how he was doing it......the interview was the first time I had heard that statement on the EJ situation.

It's better than 6-10. No they didn't make the playoffs, but they are showing IMPROVEMENT. I don't get why this is so hard for some of you to grasp. Was it frustrating watching the Bills at times this season? Absolutely. But they improved on last season, this coaching regime's first. If they keep improving, then they'll get to the playoffs. Yes, we all want to get there now, but sometimes patience is required, and the Bills are trending in the right direction.

EXACTLY... And they did NOT get a trophy because they do NOT deserve it YET. People are just UNDULY negative. I don't understand why people are complaining, would they want the Browns to have a better pick. This NE* game was a "must win."

And they snapped the Pats* 35 game home win streak against AFCEast opponents. I know it was against the Cheaters bench and they were probably retoolong the tech @ The Razor so they can cheat on their playoff opponents... BUT still, not too shabby against a team and officials that are known to use less than ethical/sportsmanship tactics... Even the bench.

Exactly. This is what I was trying to say from the beginning. I guess I'm assuming we are still going to give EJ another chance, if not then of course we want the win, even if its a scrub win.

Is the goal to get 9 wins or to win a superbowl? If its the latter then the preseason for next year starts the second you're mathematically eliminated.

My hatred of the Pats isnt as strong as my desire to win a ring.

I also believe EJ would have won the game for us, but I guess I'm more optimistic than most.

Oh ok. We play EJ yesterday and he turns into a Super Bowl caliber QB. Right. I'll take a win over the Pats any day over getting EJ some scrub reps. EJ has a lot of work to do this offseason. That is the top priority.

Why are you trying to sell an alternate reality. What you wanted to happen didn't. I wanted to see a win. You wanted to see something else.

Not selling anything except the truth that it was a waste of a game in the search for improvement vein, particularly with Orton retiring yet again..best smell that popcorn before you munch it

Edited by rfk

I've always preferred coaches who treat every game like it's a must win.

The "evaluation" that you're talking about could tell the other 52 players on the team that winning the game doesn't matter, "evaluation" does.

Thats just what we need while LEARNING TO WIN.

Edited by JaxBills

Sure as heck didn't learn that in Oakland last week...

They were confused. Between people telling them they had a 4% chance to make the playoffs, and people telling them we have a really good shot to get in, they didn't know what to do!

Wrong. The "loser mentality" is when you get excited over winning a meaningless game against

a backup rookie qb instead of being smart and using real game situations to develop your players so you can climb out of this playoff drought.

I have a few thousand posts, and 99% of them are very optimistic. I just think we need to use every precious minute of regular season games to our advantage for the future when we're out of playoff contention.

I see what some people mean by saying EJ hasn't practiced with the first team in months so it would be a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, but wouldn't a loser mentality be preferring to lose? Even the meaningless games (that aren't really meaningless. Not at all.)

Also Brady played the entire 1st half of that game, and we were beating them 17-6. Please don't attempt to tell me Tom Brady, and Bill Belicheck weren't trying. They rushed Tom Brady up the middle on 4th down for gods sake. Did you even watch it? Something tells me you just skimmed it half paying attention. I can go with you on the Manuel point though. I think he should have played.

Edited by What a Tuel

They were confused. Between people telling them they had a 4% chance to make the playoffs, and people telling them we have a really good shot to get in, they didn't know what to do!

Don't get me wrong, but wouldn't a loser mentality be preferring to lose? Even the meaningless games (that aren't really meaningless. Not at all.)

Also Brady played the entire 1st half of that game, and we were beating them 17-6. Please don't attempt to tell me Tom Brady, and Bill Belicheck weren't trying. They rushed Tom Brady up the middle on 4th down for gods sake. Did you even watch it? Something tells me you just skimmed it half paying attention. I can go with you on the Manuel point though. I think he should have played.

OMG Brady and Gronk in the 2nd half wouldn't have made a difference??? Orton sucked in the 2nd half....Please don't make it seem that the Bills are equal with the Pats

Edited by rfk

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Did Orton need more playing time so we can evaluate him, or did EJ?

Moves like this are so painfully shortsighted its laughable.

We had to find out if Orton is our quarterback of the future. He won they game and now we know we are set for at least the next three years. Sounds like a win to me.

I'm just waking up. I'm going to go check and see if anything happened today.

OMG Brady and Gronk in the 2nd half wouldn't have made a difference??? Orton sucked in the 2nd half....Please don't make it seem that the Bills are equal with the Pats

Gronk didn't even play so no he wouldn't have. Did you even watch the game?

Who knows what "would" have happened. All I know is that we beat them in the 1st half. And our defense held on in the 2nd.

You mean the Pats who struggled to beat the New York Jets....TWICE?

Edit: This is where I believe you have it all wrong. How can you possibly not be the one with the loser mentality?

Edited by What a Tuel