Bills radio (Mike Schopp is awful)

tito1

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season ends with a 3pm press conference and a ton of speculation about cleaning house , orton surprise retirement etccc makes for a great radio talk show, No surprise Schoop starts off with should we even talk about the press conference blah blah blah - I just had to turn it off and such a wasted opportunity for great bills talk.

Maybe he will talk about the girl scouts or maybe US Open tennis...

Same here. I gave him 90 seconds before I had to shut him off.

when your basing your opinons without merit your a moron, time to think for yourself. No one at WGR outside of Sal has played or coached football a day in their life. I'd love to watch Howard and Jeremy play catch the Schoop and Bulldog....that would be a site. Then tell about quarterbacking

What are Sal's coaching bona fides besides him dubbing himself 'Coach Sal' when he worked in his basement? Jr High school assistant track coach?

The hosts are only as strong as the guests they book and that doesn't include Joe Buscalia or Paul Hamilton.

What are Sal's coaching bona fides besides him dubbing himself 'Coach Sal' when he worked in his basement? Jr High school assistant track coach?

The hosts are only as strong as the guests they book and that doesn't include Joe Buscalia or Paul Hamilton.

I believe Sal was a high school football coach for a period of years, or at least some sort of assistant.

A lot here don't understand, though, that a sports talk radio show host is not expected to be an Xs and Os guy, necessarily.

Broadcasters are doing things all the time that some listeners aren't aware of, and most importantly, they have to fill FOUR HOURS of air time every day (in the case of Schopp and the Bulldog) without saying a bunch of "Um, um, uhs" and so on.

These guys are communications guys, not sports guys.

Season ends with a 3pm press conference and a ton of speculation about cleaning house , orton surprise retirement etccc makes for a great radio talk show, No surprise Schoop starts off with should we even talk about the press conference blah blah blah - I just had to turn it off and such a wasted opportunity for great bills talk.

And I agree 100% with Schoop on this. Not one thing from that press conference to discuss. Not one thing! Waste of time to discuss "that's proprietary" type of answers, cause there was not one answer delivered.

You and Promo and your ilk are the reason he gets tired of callers..... You really want him to discuss 45 minutes of inane blabber from OBD....OBVIOUSLY, YOU KNOW.....drivel

today i tuned in just for the press conference Schoop tells everyone he finds coach unlistenable and boring....how ironic.

Unlike john harbaugh or mike tomlin or bill bellechik or andy reid or chuck pagano or tom coughlin or jim caldwell or lovie smith or mike smith or _____________ insert head coaches name here. This guy is a bozo and Buffalo deserves better.

Sal credentials atleast include some high school coaching ....wtf are Joe B's?????????

Sal credentials atleast include some high school coaching ....wtf are Joe B's?????????

I don't see how being a coaching assistant bolters credentials in discussing the pro game. In fact, I think it's completely overblown. Sal is underwhelming like most of the gr staff. He is a homer who got his dream job rubbing elbows with the jocks he adores. It is impossible to listen to him without constantly hearing about his son, Syracuse, or twitter. Horrible radio.

Joe B reminds me of the dude in the student council in hs that doffs the suit every day to look the part but does little to hone his craft. Take some speech lessons and writing courses, Captain Equivocation. Belongs in Elmira for seasoning.

And I agree 100% with Schoop on this. Not one thing from that press conference to discuss. Not one thing! Waste of time to discuss "that's proprietary" type of answers, cause there was not one answer delivered.

You and Promo and your ilk are the reason he gets tired of callers..... You really want him to discuss 45 minutes of inane blabber from OBD....OBVIOUSLY, YOU KNOW.....drivel

Really... today Schoop said that he idn't like the way Marrone used his words... and that he communicated poorly with the media. that was his criticsm. Again... today he used the terms causal effect and correlation to make himself sound smarter. These are terms that are used in the writings of a thesis or dissertation by people that actually do research. Schoop gets tired of fans that don't "understand" his point of view. Today he went off b/c Marrone insists on trying to be safe and stay away from plays that may lead to a turnover. He busts out with" I don't believe there is any correlation to this and winning" Really... I have always seen stats that suggest plus/minus in turnovers does have a positive or negative effect on wins/losses. BTW..this is an analytic.... any time you are using accumulated data to inform and help guide decisions can be seen as analytics. To say that the Bills don't use analytics is just flat out wrong. Marrone said himself that the data doesn't totally drive the decision but is taken into account. Schoop talks out both sides of his butt and tries to make the listener feel like they aren't as smart as he is. He use this term analytics like only he, Joe Buscaglia and Sorcerers and Witches have any idea what they mean and how they could be applied to football.

Finally, he is a jerk who is not nice to people that call in. It's hard to repect a guy who is that mean and rude to others.

Hey guys - out of town fan here from Ohio. I'm so damn sick of Mike Schopp and Bulldog post game. Are there any other radio station I can stream to listen to Buffalo sports?

I literally can't take these dbags anymore. I need another station that I can listen to Bills talk without these aholes

#1- listen to the John Murphy show on WGR (local)

#2- get satellite radio with lots of sport choices (national)

JD, you are the one who went into a critique that he did not want to discuss adnauseum the press conference. I said a I agreed 100%, that press conference was absolutely useless. If you can give me one useful piece of information from that 30 minutes of OBVIOUSLY, YOU KNOW , I Would evaluate and keep it on questions about the last thread.

How was he wrong on saying that press conference was useless and why address anything said in it.

Edited by plenzmd1

Yes. Let's have another draft of Christmas movies.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes. Let's have another draft of Christmas movies.

Or lets discuss for 3 hours if you only had 1 utensil to go through life with would it be a spoon a knife or a fork?

Discussions many of us had as 9 year olds at a camp out.... its not cute its not out of the box..its just stupid.

This started in week 1!!

Schopp did not know how to handle us beating the Bears. I remember that post game plain as day. His precious Super Bowl pick coached by supposed cutting edge offensive innovator and liberator of us from all things boring and 'conservative' just got beat by a QB and team he spent all summer bashing.

The media in Buffalo couldn't handle this. We had no chance, remember?

JD, you are the one who went into a critique that he did not want to discuss adnauseum the press conference. I said a I agreed 100%, that press conference was absolutely useless. If you can give me one useful piece of information from that 30 minutes of OBVIOUSLY, YOU KNOW , I Would evaluate and keep it on questions about the last thread.

How was he wrong on saying that press conference was useless and why address anything said in it.

Schopp the dope's major problem with the press conference is that Marrone doesn't talk the way Schopp would like him to. Secondary to that was what Whaley and Marrone said or didn't say. It's a sports franchise news conference what do you expect? Ever hear Bellichik, or Ryan or any other coach's press conference? Why should they say anything of substance? Schopp the dope did not accurately reflect what they did say during his monologe after the press conference. It was one of the worst broadcasts I've heard them do and that is saying something. If there was any other Buffalo sports station available during my drive home I would listen to it but so far I haven't been able to find one. We're stuck with the blithering and the idiot.