Player you missed on in latest draft

truth on hold

For me it's Khalil Mack. He looked a bit slow at the combine and moved awkwardly on the field, and I just didn't see his game translating that well to the pro level. Thought he'd be average in the nfl and not justify his #5 overall selection.

Man was I wrong. Guy is a powerhouse and a force against the run or the pass. He has a presence on every play like the great ones do. And what impressed me most was his technique .... he has the refined moves and complete bag of tricks like a seasoned vet.

Kudos to Mack for proving me wrong.

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst there's a few candidates that went in the first round, I would definitely have no problem with still taking Sammy - he's unique. I agree with you JTSP that Mack is a force but I think our biggest miss (especially after the play from the interior of our offensive line and watching a few of the Raiders games this season) was Mississippi State's Gabe Jackson. Would have no problem if Preston Brown or him were our second and third round picks but the Kouandjio pick is looking like a long shot to see regular playing time. Actually, Trai Turner or Russell Bodine could have been potentially better, hopefully he turns it around though I don't see that happening anytime soon unless he has a miraculous offseason and TC.

I wanted Mack in a Bills uni so so bad….

Beckham and a #1 pick this year would have been sweet.

(I think Sammy with a real QB and an OC that sets him up for YAC is equally as productive maybe not quite as flash)

Any chance Mack falls to us if we don't trade up and take Sammy? Would raiders have taken Sammy? I don't think Cleveland would have had they stayed at 4.

In any case either Mack or Beckham @9 + next years 1st and 4th better for us than trading up

Edited by JTSP

I still maintain that QB-needy teams that passed on Teddy Bridgewater will regret it within 3 years.

Any chance Mack falls to us if we don't trade up and take Sammy? Would raiders have taken Sammy? I don't think Cleveland would have had they stayed at 4.

In any case either Mack or Beckham @9 + next years 1st and 4th better for us than trading up

Almost no chance. His stock was rising as the draft approached. There were rumours he would go first overall.

For me it's probably Ebron. A lot of the guys that I liked have turned out great & a lot of the guys that I had questions on haven't been great. With that being said I didn't love Ebron but thought that he'd be good. He hasn't been at a level that I thought that he would.

On the other side of the coin I didn't have much confidence in Anthony Barr. I thought that he was a tweener & just an athlete. He's had a really good rookie year. I was wrong about him as well.

^^

This. It is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college and our staff ignored it just knowing Watkins was the guy.

What a crock of crap this is. Everyone, every single pundit, fan, personality, blogger, reporter, mock draft, everyone had Watkins ahead of Beckham as far as prospects go. To say "it is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I guess I really wouldn't expect anything less from you though. The only receiver that anyone even hinted at being thought of as higher than Watkins was Evans.

Edited by Mark80

Teddy Bridgewater. Thought he would be a flop because his workouts were atrocious. Turns out he was the best of the bunch. There are practice heroes (Orton) who can't translate into the game, and guys like Bridgewater who have that competitive "it" intangible on game day.