A picture's worth 1,000 words

The Big Cat

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... wow so much for mister good decision maker hahaha. I couldn't complete that pass but I guarantee I would not be looking there lol is this the interception to sammy? Sorry. On a droid so I can barely make it out

Edited by Agent 91

Ive been saying this for weeks:

Orton pre-determines where he is going with the football 95% of the time before it is even snapped. The guy has very limited mobility and combined with our terrible blocking decides where his best shot is on the field before the play begins.

Often times this leads him to either A: Snapping and gunning an inaccurate throw like you see above B. Lack of plays where he stands in the pocket and assesses the field for his 2nd or 3rd read.

Anybody notice on Sammys TD play (One of the only ones we executed all season) a perfect pocket formed for Orton and he went to his 3rd or 4th progression?

The guy is capable but its a combination of him being limited skillset wise and bad Oline play that makes our offense so bad. If you gave orton a wall I bet he would be a lot better than he is right now.

The problem is and always will be is that Ortons play will deteriorate when his pocket collaspes and he gets pressured, and I dont think he'll ever be able to to overcome that like the best franchise QBs do.

Which means that he may be an adequate starter for next year if he works his butt off in the offseason and improves his mobility, but we still need to find a new guy.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Show me the passing lanes to ANY of those open receivers. (Not that he had one to...whoever that is at the top of the pic, I can't tell.) I never thought Orton was any good, but it's the line that's the real problem.

And if he'd passed it to the wide-open Lee, you'd just be bitching about him dumping it off.

What was the outcome of the play? What is the context of the play? Like down and distance? What time during the game? How long was Orton standing in the pocket before this decision is made? And can we see a screen shot from 1 second before this one (at the time when the decision was made to throw the football).

This photo makes it look like a really bad decision, and it may well have been a terrible decision. Wish I knew those other factors though. Without them, this photo could be quite misleading.

Show me the passing lanes to ANY of those open receivers. (Not that he had one to...whoever that is at the top of the pic, I can't tell.) I never thought Orton was any good, but it's the line that's the real problem.

And if he'd passed it to the wide-open Lee, you'd just be bitching about him dumping it off.

Give me a break. TWO WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD. The line is not the 'real problem'.

I'm start

Look how over his head Hackett is, everybody!

I assume KTD hasn't responded yet because he's still typing up a preposterous 3,000 word tome to justify his confounded neuter-theory. :flirt:

Is it possible that the Hackett / Orton incompetence is not mutual exclusive? :beer:

I'm no Orton fan, but I don't think photos like this prove much. At the moment when it is taken, Orton is fully locked on to the receiver and is in the process of delivering the ball. The other defenders no longer have any reason to stick to their receivers so it's not surprising that they are "college open". You would have to see it in real time to draw any conclusions.