BLACK MONDAY

rumblefish

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were going to fire Marrone there, wouldn't the Bills already have to kind of have someone lined up for that job?

Are there any rumors about the Bills talking with anyone?

I haven't heard any. Has anyone heard any? So I would say no they don't fire him, at least not anytime soon.

The consultants would need to be announced pretty darn quick if this is going to go down. How did it happen with the Sabres? Did TPegs just kind of silently make the decision or was it assumed what was going to happen.

How the Sabres situation happened with Ruff, and Darcy is a huge tell tale sign.

Edited by mrags

The consultants would need to be announced pretty darn quick if this is going to go down. How did it happen with the Sabres? Did TPegs just kind of silently make the decision or was it assumed what was going to happen.

How the Sabres situation happened with Ruff, and Darcy is a huge tell tale sign.

For all we know it may already be happening and they are keeping it on the hush hush

If you were going to fire Marrone there, wouldn't the Bills already have to kind of have someone lined up for that job?

Are there any rumors about the Bills talking with anyone?

I haven't heard any. Has anyone heard any? So I would say no they don't fire him, at least not anytime soon.

Were there any rumors about the Sabres hiring Lafontaine and Nolan? The Pegula's inner circle seems to be able to keep their mouths shut.

That said, I don't think they will fire Marrone (although I wish they would). I could see him refuses to make changing on his coaching staff and therefore being forced out.

BLACK MONDAY is just around the corner, Do you keep Marone at 3.5 million a year? or

do you hire a new coach?, if so, who would it be? what would you pay him?

I don't get the question asking if Bills should keep him at 3.5 million since they have to pay it to him even if they fire him.

I would prefer a new coach but I just don't see it happening. Marrone would rather punt than go for the win, is that the type of coach anyone wants or one that you think would win the super bowl?

This offseason will be interesting. At a minimum, I expect changes on the coaching staff (OC, OL coach to name two). But I heard something during the Cowboys game the other night that got me thinking. The commentator was talking about Jason Garrett and said he relinquished control of the offense this year and assumed a much more managerial role and the team has been much more successful this year. I wonder if Marrone might be willing to do the same thing. I really hope so. I view Hackett as a puppet and I fear that Marrone would simply hire another puppet for OC if he is forced to make a change. I would love to see him hire a strong, experienced OC and give him autonomy over the offense (to a point), like he has done with Schwartz. This could be just what the Bills need.

For all we know it may already be happening and they are keeping it on the hush hush

i understand that and don't doubt that. That's why I was asking how it went down with the Sabres.

What happened with them and their front office will probably emulate what happens with the Bills.

Not necessarily. Did they have someone lined up when they fired Coach Gailey? They probably do have a list of who they want to talk to.

I view Hackett as a puppet and I fear that Marrone would simply hire another puppet for OC if he is forced to make a change. I would love to see him hire a strong, experienced OC and give him autonomy over the offense (to a point), like he has done with Schwartz.

I'm hoping if the edict comes down from on high that Hackett Jr. must be fired, that Whaley will assist Coach Marrone in finding a replacement as he assisted him in finding Pettine and Schwartz. And Whaley would have much influence in the process and veto power.

Just for the record. If I had to guess I'd say Coach Marrone won't be fired, but I hope he is.

Edited by reddogblitz

I have no idea because I don't know how he is evaluated. In many cases HCs are given a set of expectations and a time frame to get there. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't. Maybe it changed with new ownership, maybe it won't. I think there are things I like about Marrone's tenure and some I don't. The things I don't like I believe are coachable, can often improve with experience as a NFL HC and/or a shift in assistants. If I am Whaley and Pegula I would lay out the necessary things that need to improve. If he is able to prove he has a plan in place, I give him another year based on the improvements this year and the fact he had no decent QB. Whaley can take accountability for that one.

Edited by YoloinOhio