1. 1. Who should play wk 17 vs pats?

• Orton
    • Manuel
    • Orton First Half, Manuel Second Half

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hard to square the QB we've seen the last few weeks with the one who won the Vikings game. I think there's no way Marrone won't start Orton this week; but, at this point, I'd rather see EJ, if only because I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts by both Orton and Marrone, and I'm sick of them both.

It benefits the organization to see what Manuel can do in the last game. In my opinion he should have been the guy these last few games anyways but Marone is coaching scared.

That said, Marone will stick with Orton because that is his boy. Even though he has shown to be no better than Manuel, which is really saying a lot since he is a 10 year veteran.

Put the young guy in to see if there is anything... anything at all.

You want EJs "reemergence" into the NFL to be against the Pats on the road? That should do wonders for his confidence.

Also, I really wish we could have everyone here who wants to see EJ in be forced to watch the first 4 games again. Our memory as Bills fans is shorter than Coy Wire.

And I know stats "don't matter" (especially when anyone tries to defend orton) but he had another 300 yard game with an 88 QB rating.

You know who shouldn't take another snap? This "Super Bowl Caliber" defense when Darius is not playing. I was fooled too, but my god, if that's how bad we play when he is out, we might at well pay him $40MM next year.

Edited by stevestojan

The switch should have been made for the New York Jets game back on November 23; after two horrible performances by Orton. It would have given EJ and the team time to work together and maybe given the offense some type of spark. To make the change now in the season finale makes little sense. A change a month ago would have given all a fair opportunity to make a determination on EJ's future. But we stayed with Orton - who has never been a successful long term solution anywhere he has been - thus we are no further along with EJ and have no idea who our QB is next year. If we played EJ and he failed, at least we would know that we have to go out and get a QB in the offseason. Now it's all a guessing game for the front office. If they stay with EJ and he fails next year it's another lost season. If they pay big time for a QB in the offseason then others may not be resigned and/or they may not have the dollars to sign any free agent O-L help. It is sink or swim time for Doug W and the front office. Let hope we all get a Christmas present with some good choices by the front office and the Pegula's.

The switch should have been made for the New York Jets game back on November 23; after two horrible performances by Orton. It would have given EJ and the team time to work together and maybe given the offense some type of spark. To make the change now in the season finale makes little sense. A change a month ago would have given all a fair opportunity to make a determination on EJ's future. But we stayed with Orton - who has never been a successful long term solution anywhere he has been - thus we are no further along with EJ and have no idea who our QB is next year. If we played EJ and he failed, at least we would know that we have to go out and get a QB in the offseason. Now it's all a guessing game for the front office. If they stay with EJ and he fails next year it's another lost season. If they pay big time for a QB in the offseason then others may not be resigned and/or they may not have the dollars to sign any free agent O-L help. It is sink or swim time for Doug W and the front office. Let hope we all get a Christmas present with some good choices by the front office and the Pegula's.

Exactly.

I think it will be Orton even though it should be EJ (see HamSandwhich's reason). I can't speak to what might be going on with Marrone, Whaley, Orton but I wonder if Marrone/Whaley are worried about pulling Orton and then him deciding not to take the option for next year (leaving EJ and Tuel). On the other hand Orton could just as well be happy to ride the pine and collect his millions.

Can you add in an option called "Who cares?" because that is how I feel. I honestly don't really care which qb they play. The game is meaningless to both teams.

you have that option already. It's called not voting in a poll you don't care about. Edited by YoloinOhio

you have that option already. It's called not voting in a poll you don't care about.

I do care about the poll. That is why I chimed in.

If there is no option for "who cares" or "doesn't matter" or "word it however you want" then we'll never know what percentage of people were indifferent as to which QB they play.

I do care about the poll. That is why I chimed in.

If there is no option for "who cares" or "doesn't matter" or "word it however you want" then we'll never know what percentage of people were indifferent as to which QB they play.

perhaps. I do think we wouldn't know for sure however because I know if I see a poll in which my answer is "indifference" then I just don't vote so I think others might do the same. I see your point though in adding that option.

perhaps. I do think we wouldn't know for sure however because I know if I see a poll in which my answer is "indifference" then I just don't vote so I think others might do the same. I see your point though in adding that option.

Yes. I often do that too. And there have already been a number of people who probably visited this thread and would have clicked "indifferent" or "whatever" that will not revisit this thread. So "scientifically" the information is already skewed. As is every poll that doesn't have the right options from the get go. Isn't that how politicians do it? Offer a poll that strategically has one of the right answers missing?