Anyone else sick of Eric Wood?

GrizzlyAdams

I, like most of you maybe, use to really like him. He said all the right things, took shots at opposing players to get the fans fired up, etc. But to hear his somber voice on WGR after every pathetic loss is sickening. On top of that, I'm also tired of seeing him get smoked by DT's on every single ALL-22 that comes out. He's not really a good player and he symbolizes the losing culture of this team. I think he needs to go and someone needs to come in here and find some talent for this O-line.

How long can we continue to blame our RB's and QB's when we can't get anything going? This line is brutal and it starts with the guys who have no stones. Get some hard nosed nasty MF'ers to come in here and change the culture of this team.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like most of you maybe, use to really like him. He said all the right things, took shots at opposing players to get the fans fired up, etc. But to hear his somber voice on WGR after every pathetic loss is sickening. On top of that, I'm also tired of seeing him get smoked by DT's on every single ALL-22 that comes out. He's not really a good player and he symbolizes the losing culture of this team. I think he needs to go and someone needs to come in here and find some talent for this O-line.

How long can we continue to blame our RB's and QB's when we can't get anything going? This line is brutal and it starts with the guys who have no stones. Get some hard nosed nasty MF'ers to come in here and change the culture of this team.

I think he's a good leader and respected on the team. He didn't play well at all this season, but to be fair, no one really did.

how's he supposed to sound after they lose? happy? imagine the schidtstorm around here if he DIDN'T sound somber!

He's one of the best Cs in the NFL. He is surrounded by dog poo and plays for a terrible OC. He's not even close to being a problem.

I'm not denying that the guard play around him has been bad. But to say he is one of the best center's in the league is bull. Show me the stats on that if you want to make that point. I just think that the center piece of our line needs to be better than he has been.

I'm not denying that the guard play around him has been bad. But to say he is one of the best center's in the league is bull. Show me the stats on that if you want to make that point.

Are there stats to back up your claim that he's not?

It's natural to lash out.

How anybody can hate on Eric Wood is beyond me....its like hating on Freddie Jackson for christ sake.

He's average.

A tremendous leader. Who loves Buffalo and gets what it means to play here. What sickens me is the trashing of him like this...but we want Cutler. Ridiculous. Relax. Almost all of the linemen have regressed under Morris and Marrone. The scheme sucks. The coaching sucks.

I said it before in another thread tho. If we identify a sure fire center...Wood gets moved to Guard. He's played it before. Didn't the Dolphins move Pouncey? That line became one of the best in the league.

Not to hijack this awesome thread, but what's truly remarkable is that almost to a man, one could say that every player on the Bills' defense improved this season and every player on offense regressed.

That's coaching.