Why Did Spiller Play?

rfk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not pay him any more than $4.5M next season.

If he wants more well best of luck to you

CBF

$4.5MM? I hope you mean total for two years.

Why are people so enamored with this fragile, part-time, scat-back who barely averages more than 100 carries per season and want to see him paid like a top 10 RB? Where does Spiller rank on the team for # of impact plays this season? I swear, if they spend money on this guy and let Hugues walk I'll be very pissed off.

I don't really know, other than getting the ball to him in space so I might line him up as a flanker or slot guy 60% of the time. They could go back and look at old game film of how Chan utilized him.

Wouldn't you agree that "getting a player in space" is one of the most basic requirements in the game of football. Isn't it the goal of every team to get their players in space? (preferably, with no defenders around them). Is this unique to CJ or is the "get him in space" coaching philosophy something we came up with here on TBD?

Spiller was not ready to play.....penalities, fumble, etc. He should not have been in there, especially in the fourth quarter when the game was on the line. His fumble was self recovered, but it illustrated that Spiller was not in football shape and ready to play. But, we knew that already because of what he did in the first half.....I was stunned that the coaching staff didn't see that in the first half as well.

What is it that you'd like him to do exactly? Anytime he gets the ball, there's a defender in the backfield waiting to wrap him up. He's not that punishing runner that's going to break through that tackle. The guy needs a second or two to make a break. I think we've all been a bit spoiled by watching Freddie do his thing here with this horse**** offensive line.

He's not perfect and doesn't always make the right cuts, but he's got talent that is not being harnessed.

Spiller rarely does damage. You don't take an offense that just beat Green Bay and throw in Mr. "I can run outside anytime I want even though it never works."

The offense beat Green Bay? Really?

253 yards of total offense. 4 field goals, no touchdowns. One of the field goal drive was 22 yards after a turnover. The offense that just beat Green Bay?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Cj is at best a smurf slot receiver Hoodie will get him for nothing and make him a Welker

Exactly. He is simply not a RB, and after all this time, his blitz pickup is still garbage. The slot should be his next stop. Let the bigger down hill runners take the roster spots. The only problems for Spiller is that he is not a great pass catcher. He has his share of drops and fumbles throughout his career.

Although it is hard to justify some big contract for CJ given his on the field production, the same could be said about any player on our offense since Marrone took the helm. We have him. He was generally regarded to be a very viable weapon when he was drafted. He has shown moments of quickness and big play ability.

We have already run Stevie and Mike Williams out of town. Both were productive players pre-Marrone. Now CJ? Then who, then who? How about Marrone? Sign CJ to a reasonable contract -- it's not like Freddie is getting younger --- get some real coaching talent and see where we go before we are forced into running Sammy out of town to prop up this doofus coach.

I'm down on Spiller. The Bills really need to rid themselves of him and get a true RB in here. I'd love someone like an Alfred Morris type. Yesterday i was thinking Spiller would fumble every time he touched the ball.

Anytime we want to go from 1st and 10 to 2nd and 12...just give the ball to 'ol "east/west" CJ Spiller. He's your man.

Wouldn't you agree that "getting a player in space" is one of the most basic requirements in the game of football. Isn't it the goal of every team to get their players in space? (preferably, with no defenders around them). Is this unique to CJ or is the "get him in space" coaching philosophy something we came up with here on TBD?

not totally.

some guys do great in small windows and pounding away. they cant get in open space, and if they do they are caught up to quickly.

if you give spiller a 1-1 matchups on the perimeter he does a lot more with that then some guys do.

Although it is hard to justify some big contract for CJ given his on the field production, the same could be said about any player on our offense since Marrone took the helm. We have him. He was generally regarded to be a very viable weapon when he was drafted. He has shown moments of quickness and big play ability.

We have already run Stevie and Mike Williams out of town. Both were productive players pre-Marrone. Now CJ? Then who, then who? How about Marrone? Sign CJ to a reasonable contract -- it's not like Freddie is getting younger --- get some real coaching talent and see where we go before we are forced into running Sammy out of town to prop up this doofus coach.

How is that justification for resigning a guy who isn't getting it done? Everyone else sucks too so we shouldn't punish CJ?

It's been five years, it's time to get over the lofty draft pick and the 'potential'. They should be running people out of town every single year so long as they can't field a winning team.

btw, SJ has 35 catches this year.

Hey remember all those negative runs we had on first down in this weeks Spiller was out? Yeah. Me neither.

Tires kicked.

He had a quarter and a half to hit a homer yesterday and instead he managed to bean himself.

If I'm Spiller, I would have never played again for this crappy offense. He is risky injury and this JV offense has killed his value.

Well, he managed to go for -3 on runs where Boobie and Brown consistently pick up 3-4.

So there's your 6 ypc.