Why Did Spiller Play?

rfk

Brown averages 3.5 ypc. More than a half yard less than Spiller.

Why do people think Brown is good? Philly destroyed us in that trade.

This is such a misleading stat.....

Brown consistantly gets you a certain amount of yardage......Spiller will get you crap then he will break a big run......

Fix the line and go with Brown.....it will be cheaper and the production will probably be better

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown consistantly gets you a certain amount of yardage......Spiller will get you crap then he will break a big run......

Fix the line and go with Brown.....it will be cheaper and the production will probably be better

Or keep CJ on the cheap, keep Brown, keep Boobie and Fred....but spend some $ on beefy guards that can pull. I agree with you.

if you were truly ignoring draft status, you should be relatively ok with the guy. if he was a UDFA you would be THRILLED by his career.

400 total yards from scrimmage this season would not be thrilling me. Yes he looked great in part-time duty in 2012 but that was a flash in the pan that hasn't been replicated. Plus, he's not an UDFA, they're paying him $5MM/year and there are plenty of people who need to be resigned and plenty of money that needs to be invested in better OL talent.

Look, almost every player comes down to value. Yes it makes sense to retain Spiller at a certain price, but that price is nowhere near $4.5MM per year as was suggested in the post I responded to. Smart NFL teams have figured out you don't overpay for RBs.

Spiller would be nuts to come back here next season. This team as it is just dosent suit him. Im afraid were gonna be following the rest of his career from afar. I dont think hes going to get near 4 million on the open market either. But i do think hes looking to book from Buffalo as fast as he can.

400 total yards from scrimmage this season would not be thrilling me. Yes he looked great in part-time duty in 2012 but that was a flash in the pan that hasn't been replicated. Plus, he's not an UDFA, they're paying him $5MM/year and there are plenty of people who need to be resigned and plenty of money that needs to be invested in better OL talent.

Look, almost every player comes down to value. Yes it makes sense to retain Spiller at a certain price, but that price is nowhere near $4.5MM per year as was suggested in the post I responded to. Smart NFL teams have figured out you don't overpay for RBs.

Spiller's value is in free-fall. We'll get him cheap.

Spiller's value is in free-fall. We'll get him cheap.

People are smarter than you think. I'll bet there are at least two organizations out there that can see uses for him and can see that he has been subjected to an idiot coach for the last 2 years. If two organizations can see it, then he will get a good offer. I'm guessing at least 10 will be interested in him.

If not, kudos to Doug for making him look so bad that he comes cheap. Maybe we can put Marrone in charge of the defense next year so that we don't lose any of them for '16.

People are smarter than you think. I'll bet there are at least two organizations out there that can see uses for him and can see that he has been subjected to an idiot coach for the last 2 years. If two organizations can see it, then he will get a good offer. I'm guessing at least 10 will be interested in him.

If not, kudos to Doug for making him look so bad that he comes cheap. Maybe we can put Marrone in charge of the defense next year so that we don't lose any of them for '16.

I don't know man. 1 down year, maybe. 1 down year and 1 abysmal injured year? I don't think so. Especially at 28. Overpaying for a RB like that could be a huge mistake.

I don't know man. 1 down year, maybe. 1 down year and 1 abysmal injured year? I don't think so. Especially at 28. Overpaying for a RB like that could be a huge mistake.

I don't think he will break the bank, but he has enough quickness that probably 28 or so coaches can figure out how to get production from him. I could see Indy using him well. NE, SEA, Denver, Houston, Was, Phi, Min, GB, Chi, NO, and more. We can't get out of our own way. We can barely use Sammy. It is ridiculous.

i think that most would not see 4-5m at most, with minimal guaranteed as overpaying..... just my opinion, but i dont think itll be a monster deal and will be a respectable value if he lands in the right scheme.

I don't think he will break the bank, but he has enough quickness that probably 28 or so coaches can figure out how to get production from him. I could see Indy using him well. NE, SEA, Denver, Houston, Was, Phi, Min, GB, Chi, NO, and more. We can't get out of our own way. We can barely use Sammy. It is ridiculous.

Many of those teams already have 2-3 RBs who produce pretty well.

That's funny.

Fergy the problem is I dont think CJ is gonna come "on the cheap"

I dont hate CJ Spiller.....I absolutely have how he is used. He does not fit this system at all

Doesn't fit the system? You call this offense a system? I hate when teams in sport get rid of players because they don't fit the system. You need to find the route of the problem and fix that and then work backwards. For example, the Bills needed a change in ownership to change the culture in the organization. It starts at the top, anything in between is just spraying a pig with perfume, it still stinks. So, I would hate to just lose players with talent and potential because the real route of the problem is Marrone and his so called systems.

I am not saying Spiller is great or ideal. Or necessarily any of these guys are....but, are we going to lose 5 or 10 offensive players because Marrone doesn't think they work in his system that doesn't work?!

Are we going to lose Spiller, Goodwin, Mike Williams, and more because they don't work out with Marrone and his system? And then realize Marrone is not good enough and try to stack pile more talent to replace the archaic players Marrone wanted and played? Geepers when Marrone eventually leaves we will probably have 6 TEs on the team by then and play 4 of them at once and two the only play STs. Wouldn't put it past Marrone to dress 6 TEs at some point.

Edited by Manther

The myth if Bryce Brown. Dude has had like 2 good games in his career.

I don't think there is a NFL personnel person who would rather have Brown than Spiller.

Watch him shine with real offensive coaches next year.

The myth if Bryce Brown. Dude has had like 2 good games in his career.

I don't think there is a NFL personnel person who would rather have Brown than Spiller.

Watch him shine with real offensive coaches next year.

I personally have seen Bryce do some very nice things (now to be honest....I am a fan of bigger speed backs instead of guys who dance in the hole (what little there was) but that is just my opinion.......

Like I said...I dont HATE Spiller.....it really depends on what they do this offseason.....

Do you really want Spiller back with these same offensive coaches?

I personally have seen Bryce do some very nice things (now to be honest....I am a fan of bigger speed backs instead of guys who dance in the hole (what little there was) but that is just my opinion.......

Like I said...I dont HATE Spiller.....it really depends on what they do this offseason.....

Do you really want Spiller back with these same offensive coaches?

I don't want these offensive coaches back. If used right, Spiller can be a weapon. These a stat that sPiller averaged almost 7 ypc out of 3 wr sets. We rarely used 3 Wrs sets. This offensive staff is clueless.