Marrone - "you're stuck with me"

major

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard his comments made at the end of his presser.

He was just goofing around, but it does show some insight into his mentality.

A bit.

I wouldn't read too much into this.

To me, when the camera shows him on the sideline of the games, he looks like a man heading for the firing line, and he knows it.

We'll see if I'm right.

I'm not stuck with that idiot. If he is the coach next year and Hackett is his OC and Orton is still possibly the starting QB.....I'm not gonna watch this trainwreck. I have better things to do than watch these cluess clowns anymore.

Edited by Not Again

I'm not stuck with that idiot. If he is the coach next year and Hackett is his OC and Orton is still possibly the starting QB.....I'm not gonna watch this trainwreck. I have better things to do than watch these cluess clowns anymore.

I think you speak generally for most Bills fans, and that's why Orton will not be back next year and why I think Marrone has a great chance to be fired.

He will be gone. It's just a question of when, and how quickly Pegula wants to exert his influence on the organization.

He was a bit tentative, slow, and cautious with the Sabres.

Will he be the same with the Bills? We will find out soon!

If he's going to can these guys, he'll probably do it within a few days of the end of the season, next sunday in Foxborough.

Marrone will say that up to the point where Michigan places an actual offer in front of him. At that point, he will be gone in two seconds, and as much as I think he is mediocre, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

His mentor was Parcells, who always knew when it was time to jump. Stay one step ahead of the big bad wolf.

Let's face it: Marrone is going to get fired here eventually. Every coach but a few do. So if there is an offer to double his salary and be treated like royalty on campus again where he can lord it over everyone like he did at SU and where 8-8 really is something to celebrate he would be dumb to turn it down.

Sweet I'll see you at the opener then?

NFW, I've spent more than my share of hard earned money for absolutely nothing. Not gonna do it anymore until I see a legitimate change for the betterment of the team. 15 years and counting. If you get enjoyment out of seven or eight wins a year and no playoffs.....you're a better man than me.

I heard his comments made at the end of his presser.

He was just goofing around, but it does show some insight into his mentality.

A bit.

I wouldn't read too much into this.

To me, when the camera shows him on the sideline of the games, he looks like a man heading for the firing line, and he knows it.

We'll see if I'm right.

I dont get that feel from him. I usually get a sorta uncomfortable(cant expain it better) feeling watching a lame duck coach.

This year has been the first sliver of positive light thats hit this team in a decade. Even a chance to land the playoffs this time of year is something.

I agree the O needs sweeping changes. I'm not sure id flush and reboot this year.

Edited by rafter

Marrone will say that up to the point where Michigan places an actual offer in front of him. At that point, he will be gone in two seconds, and as much as I think he is mediocre, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

His mentor was Parcells, who always knew when it was time to jump. Stay one step ahead of the big bad wolf.

Let's face it: Marrone is going to get fired here eventually. Every coach but a few do. So if there is an offer to double his salary and be treated like royalty on campus again where he can lord it over everyone like he did at SU and where 8-8 really is something to celebrate he would be dumb to turn it down.

After what Michigan went through with Brady Hoke, why would anyone in their right mind think Michigan would want to hire Doug Marrone? Will Michigan be satisfied with the Pinstripe Bowl? He is not a quality head coach, unless it's D3 maybe. Michigan fans would riot if they brought Marrone in. Urban Meyer would abuse him worse than Belichick. Marrone will be in Buffalo for another disappointing season.

After what Michigan went through with Brady Hoke, why would anyone in their right mind think Michigan would want to hire Doug Marrone? Will Michigan be satisfied with the Pinstripe Bowl? He is not a quality head coach, unless it's D3 maybe. Michigan fans would riot if they brought Marrone in. Urban Meyer would abuse him worse than Belichick. Marrone will be in Buffalo for another disappointing season.

It surprised me to see it too but I was holding onto hope that MAYBE they loved him for some reason....

If so I would be happy to send all positive vibes their way! It's our only hope to get out from under this guy.

Marrone's biggest problem is he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He is too cocky to change things up. Again punting on a fourth and one near midfield in the fourth quarter when trailing. If he decides to go for like most every other coach, he is worried that if it works, he is gonna look like an idiot for all the other times he punted. He is not good enough to be coaching in the NFL. As other have said, the offense has regressed under him and he is a supposed o-line coach? They have gotten noticeably worse as the season has gone on.

I would be okay with keeping "St. Doug" IF he fires Hackett AND an OC who is roughly the offensive equivalent of the DC we have is brought in.

If he wants to let Hackett go (because he is forced to) and then wants to promote some other SU lackey then forget it.

My thoughts exactly.

The thing that bothers me the most is this is an example of the same old Bills. They had a chance to buck the trend, (you beat GB which no one expected), and to stay alive you have to beat a 2-12 team and you fail. It's why the Bills aren't taken seriously on a national level and they continue to be a fringe middle of the pack team. Good teams beat teams they should beat, and today the Bills showed that they still aren't a good team. We can sit here all day and argue about the QB play (terrible), the O line play (awful), and the D(which wasn't as lights out as it has been), but to me the facts are this. Our head coach is responsible for motivating his players and team and making sure they're prepared to play and they failed miserably. Our Offensive coordinator runs more screen passes than anyone I've ever seen (screens should be used as a disruption play to slow down aggressive D, not an every passing down play), failed to adjust for the fact that Mack was abusing Henderson (chip him, keep a TE in etc) and all year long has continued to think he is smarter than other coaches by bucking successful trends to win games. He doesn't seem to ever game plan for a particular opponent, it seems to be the same generic plan rolled out week after week.

Look at last season, as this mans teams tend to play up to the level of their competition or down to it, and probably always will.

Then if he can't even compete against the Patriots he is worthless in my view, 0-3 so far.

All we Bills fans can do is hope the new owners demand more then 8-8, and the GM & HC reporting to the finance / marketing guy.

Look at last season, as this mans teams tend to play up to the level of their competition or down to it, and probably always will.

Then if he can't even compete against the Patriots he is worthless in my view, 0-3 so far.

All we Bills fans can do is hope the new owners demand more then 8-8, and the GM & HC reporting to the finance / marketing guy.

I hear that BUT raiders are not a bad team at home in the second half of the season. Win over us was 3rd straight at home, KC and 9ers the others; not world beaters but pretty decent competition. They had a great draft picking up a stud LB in Mack, and their QB to build around in Carr. They both hurt us and played well above their rookie pay grade.

Not this old story again...I thought they were exciting this year as long as you didn't watch the offense.