Two NYPD officers killed execution-style

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

It's an arms race out there. How do you go about lessening it? More weapons, more firepower. I mentioned Prohibition Era. Of course they made booze legal again. It is now thugs w/drugs that have the firepower. The answer is not the status quo. A step in the right direction would be legalization of what fuels the violence: Drugs. Wouldn't that undercut the arms race just like repealing Prohibition did?

Those two police officers had absolutely no chance sitting in that cruiser. Tell me how that can be prevented in the future? Again, pure rage against authority. You are seeing rage against authority more and more. How do you stop it? Dump more guns on the street? Less regulation? Clamp down on drugs?You got to be kidding!

That's a preconceived notion that there is an arms race out there. I support peoples rights to keep and bear arms, yet I have no desire to own a firearm. You can legalize drugs but thats not going to stop or undercut violence, people commit all sorts of violent acts without a firearm.

The 2 Police Officers were murdered by a person with a troubled mind. We have to do more to heal troubled minds. You could make the argument the guy with the troubled mind was pushed over the edge by the dignitaries who chime in on these incidents for political purposes. The overwhelming majority of people are law abiding citizens. The rage against authority is over blown when it comes to these things. People get these emotional based ideas and when its proven wrong, they protest and cause a bunch of nonsense. Thats not rage against authority thats people refusing the accept the reality of a situation.

That's a preconceived notion that there is an arms race out there. I support peoples rights to keep and bear arms, yet I have no desire to own a firearm. You can legalize drugs but thats not going to stop or undercut violence, people commit all sorts of violent acts without a firearm.

The 2 Police Officers were murdered by a person with a troubled mind. We have to do more to heal troubled minds. You could make the argument the guy with the troubled mind was pushed over the edge by the dignitaries who chime in on these incidents for political purposes. The overwhelming majority of people are law abiding citizens. The rage against authority is over blown when it comes to these things. People get these emotional based ideas and when its proven wrong, they protest and cause a bunch of nonsense. Thats not rage against authority thats people refusing the accept the reality of a situation.

Who would you call a dignitary out of the pukes that have chimed in?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Or, you could just let the troubled mind be. Seems a little easier in the end. Let him lung @ the cops with a bat and broken bottle and see how fast the cops shoot his sorry azz. You gotta be anti-gov't and paranoid if you believe the state will march in and take away your liberties if they have more firepower. There's the paranoia, anti-authority problem even from the so-called "sane minds."

The world and this country is not a perfect place, never will be. Eliminate some of the efficient weapons out there. Easy to fix and deal with on a daily basis then trying to heal every sick person's mind.

It is very much an arm's race out there.

It is very much our birth right as an American to fight against tyrannical authority. People will invariably get confused when questioning authority, even a sane mind from time to time. Just look @ the people who fear gov't authority. Not that these Teabaggers are truly sane. ;-P ;-P Yet, why make it easier. Classic situation was the game of baseball in the late 1800's. Authority WAS expected to be question as your American birth right. It actually got so out of hand that fans were bringing firearms to the games to threaten the umpires. That's incredible! Things had to change. In the Old West, there was a reason why you checked your gun @ the saloon door. That "saloon" is now the world.

This is what it is... Sad and tragic. Why keep on making things easier. It's a lot easier to solve the arms race as we did with the gangsters out-gunning the cops with firepower during The Prohibition Era. Gov't took control, passed stricter gun laws in the 1930's while granting it's citizens with more freedoms elsewhere (legalizing alcohol again). Illegal drugs are now the conerstone of the violence, not mental health. You are asking for a miracle and perfection trying to get 300 million people's mind right and on the same page all because some don't want their gun rights and entitlement well regulated.

I am not anti-gun. So be it if people want an arms race. BUT, deal with these sad tragedies and move on with out a blink of a eye. It can be a teary eye, but don't blink.

Lots of talk about shepherds going on in this thread, so I give you this. An excerpt from LTC Dave Grossman's book "On Killing". Are you a sheep, wolf, or sheepdog?

http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

As a cop... How do you feel about the populace armed to the teeth? Not so "sheep like" aye? Give it time, even mild mannered, caring people can be turned into hardened and efficient killers. It is naive and in denial to think otherwise.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Or, you could just let the troubled mind be. Seems a little easier in the end. Let him lung @ the cops with a bat and broken bottle and see how fast the cops shoot his sorry azz. You gotta be anti-gov't and paranoid if you believe the state will march in and take away your liberties if they have more firepower. There's the paranoia, anti-authority problem even from the so-called "sane minds."

The world and this country is not a perfect place, never will be. Eliminate some of the efficient weapons out there. Easy to fix and deal with on a daily basis then trying to heal every sick person's mind.

It is very much an arm's race out there.

It is very much our birth right as an American to fight against tyrannical authority. People will invariably get confused when questioning authority, even a sane mind from time to time. Just look @ the people who fear gov't authority. Not that these Teabaggers are truly sane. ;-P ;-P Yet, why make it easier. Classic situation was the game of baseball in the late 1800's. Authority WAS expected to be question as your American birth right. It actually got so out of hand that fans were bringing firearms to the games to threaten the umpires. That's incredible! Things had to change. In the Old West, there was a reason why you checked your gun @ the saloon door. That "saloon" is now the world.

This is what it is... Sad and tragic. Why keep on making things easier. It's a lot easier to solve the arms race as we did with the gangsters out-gunning the cops with firepower during The Prohibition Era. Gov't took control, passed stricter gun laws in the 1930's while granting it's citizens with more freedoms elsewhere (legalizing alcohol again). Illegal drugs are now the conerstone of the violence, not mental health. You are asking for a miracle and perfection trying to get 300 million people's mind right and on the same page all because some don't want their gun rights and entitlement well regulated.

I am not anti-gun. So be it if people want an arms race. BUT, deal with these sad tragedies and move on with out a blink of a eye. It can be a teary eye, but don't blink.

You are trying to compare two separate issues as being the same thing. I understand what you are saying about the 1930's, it worked without trampling on the rights of the people.

In 1976 it the District of Columbia passed a law requiring a license to own or possess a handgun within city limits, then they turned around and stopped issuing licenses creating a de-facto gun ban. As a result, Washington D.C. had one of the highest crime rates in the country. So the fix that was put in place to help only encouraged the opposite. Adding more regulations to law abiding citizens who want own a firearm is not going to stop violence. People with mental health issues commit just as many crimes if not more of them without a gun. I don't see the arms race. There is plenty of people that support the 2nd Amendment yet have no desire to own a firearm.

Ladies and gentlemen, your commander in chief.

B5jnhgqIUAADKea.jpg

\

To be fair, all of DC is in the extreme elsewhere. Obama's in Hawaii right now, and the press corps is likewise unavailable, so he's not holding any press conferences for the rest of the year.

And he did make a statement.

To be fair, all of DC is in the extreme elsewhere. Obama's in Hawaii right now, and the press corps is likewise unavailable, so he's not holding any press conferences for the rest of the year.

And he did make a statement.

I'll say. When's the beer summit with the rioters?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/24/news/jetblue-police-nypd/

Go Jet Blue!

JetBlue (JBLU) is offering to fly two police officers from each department on its route around the country to New York for the funerals of two NYPD officers killed last weekend.

The New York-based airline is also working with its partners to have family members of one of the slain officers, Wenjian Liu, flown in from overseas.

Liu and a second NYPD officer, Rafael Ramos, were sitting in their patrol car when they were shot and killed by Ismaaiyl Brinsley, a Georgia man with a long criminal record.

Ramos's funeral is being held on Dec. 27, whereas Liu's funeral hasn't been scheduled, pending the arrival of relatives from China.

Brutal photo here of thousands of cops turning their back on DeBlasio at the police funerals just now.

You have to love how a far left cop-hating progressive has managed to fully unite an entire city.

B536eWcCAAAZ27E.jpg

At first I was going to call BS, but they are all facing away from the church. What's the source of the pic?

I know it is probably the last person that anyone wants to hear about but I am very curious to hear what hardcore lefty Democrat Howard Stern will say in regards to this. He has been on vacation a week and won't be back until the full week of the new year. He is always pro police but loves him some Democrat and gun control despite owning and carrying a pistol. I imagine he will blast the officers for disrespecting an elected official. He's unlistenable when it comes politics up the ass and down the pants of any Democrat.