Per Adam Shefter: Bears may have to trade draft pick to get rid of Cut

Tipster19

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused, not sure how that has anything to do with reality. Reality is that the Bears D is terrible

PTR has this weird schtick where he picks a few opinions out of the millions on this board and parades them around as a reason why fans are always stupid, fickle, hypocritical and wrong.

PTR has this weird schtick where he picks a few opinions out of the millions on this board and parades them around as a reason why fans are always stupid, fickle, hypocritical and wrong.

I was actually referring to Mike Schopp on WGR who was telling everyone the Bears were for real, but he's stupid and fickle too, I guess.

As for my "schtick" I call that having a memory.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was actually referring to Mike Schopp on WGR who was telling everyone the Bears were for real, but he's stupid and fickle too, I guess.

As for my "schtick" I call that having a memory.

How does just a single stupid Mike Schopp become "All I heard about at the start of the season was..."

Edited by Kelly the Dog

How does just a single stupid Mike Schopp become "All I heard about at the start of the season was..."

Because he harped on it all preseason. He thought the Bears were the best team in the NFC Because of their D an Orton. And it's not like no one here thought that as well. We are going get killed opening day, remember?

I can't find the poster who said he'd feel better with Cutler going into New England. But he must have forgotten that the Bears played the Pats in week 8. Bears lost 51-23. Cutler threw 3 TDs but also turned it over twice. Is that better?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Because he harped on it all preseason. He thought the Bears were the best team in the NFC Because of their D an Orton. And it's not like no one here thought that as well. We are going get killed opening day, remember?

But you said "All I heard was..." which implies everyone was saying it, when in reality it was one guy, who everyone thinks is constantly wrong, regardless of how many times he said it.

I can't find the poster who said he'd feel better with Cutler going into New England. But he must have forgotten that the Bears played the Pats in week 8. Bears lost 51-23. Cutler threw 3 TDs but also turned it over twice. Is that better?

that was me that said that. And if you really feel more comfortable with Orton starting than if you had Cutler. I have to ask where you get your weed from? Edited by mrags

that was me that said that. And if you really feel more comfortable with Orton starting than if you had Cutler. I have to ask where you get your weed from?

Cutler is no great improvement from Orton or Fitz. All you are doing is just repeating the cycle with Orton, except you'll be in the hook for his crazy salary.

Here we are trying to keep our top notch defense together but instead we're wasting cap space on a dud.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Cutler is no great improvement from Orton or Fitz. All you are doing is just repeating the cycle with Orton, except you'll be in the hook for his crazy salary.

Here we are trying to keep our top notch defense together but instead we're wasting cap space on a dud.

well. Fwiw, we could keep Dareus, Hughes and resign spikes and still have enough to sign Cutler. We were what??? 20+ million under the cap last year? And the salary cap goes up this year another... 10million?

Jesus !@#$ing christ just say no to Cutler. I've lived in Chicago for the majority of his career here and you people sound exactly like Bears fans did before the welcomed him into the franchise. Since then he has continued to be an absolute coach killer because every !@#$ing person thinks he can be fixed. At some point he doesn't have potential he is just a mediocre QB. He does one thing well and that's throw the football far. He's not accurate and he's a goddamned turnover machine. This team would not have 8 or more wins if he was playing under center for the Bills.

i want to aim higher than no playoffs. 10-6 and no playoffs isn't good enough for that contract. no use comparing him to Orton, at least for me. I don't want him either. And don't ask who I want, because I really don't know who the best guy is for this team who is obtainable. I'll leave that to the pro scouting dept. I just know I hope it's not Cutler.

I can certainly understand anyone's trepidation with Cutler. He's loaded with talent but is clearly not right in the head. He's the type of guy when the going gets tough he gets going. However we're already in that situation, where we don't have a QB that can win the game, but we have a defense that doesn't often put the QB in that situation. So if we had someone that could put up points and allow our defense to play with a lead it could work.

I doubt there's much we can do beyond Cutler that makes sense and I see it has a huge long shot that we get that done. So my hope is EJ becomes the guy which is something most people have completely given up on, but I'm holding onto hope.

Edited by Triple Threat

I can certainly understand anyone's trepidation with Cutler. He's loaded with talent but is clearly not right in the head. He's the type of guy when the going gets tough he gets going. However we're already in that situation, where we don't have a QB that can win the game, but we have a defense that doesn't often put the QB in that situation. So if we had someone that could put up points and allow our defense to play with a lead it could work.

I doubt there's much we can do beyond Cutler that makes sense and I see it has a huge long shot that we get that done. So my hope is EJ becomes the guy which is something most people have completely given up on, but I'm holding onto hope.

i have not given up hope on EJ either. I guess I just have no idea where he is in his development. Marrone seems to think Orton is still better. I want EJ to be the guy. I just don't know how soon that can happen. He might be a guy who needs 2-3 years. The last 2 games he played were pretty brutal. But there is a lot I have seen of him in other games that tells me not to give up. Edited by YoloinOhio