Per Adam Shefter: Bears may have to trade draft pick to get rid of Cut

Tipster19

i have not given up hope on EJ either. I guess I just have no idea where he is in his development. Marrone seems to think Orton is still better. I want EJ to be the guy. I just don't know how soon that can happen. He might be a guy who needs 2-3 years. The last 2 games he played were pretty brutal. But there is a lot I have seen of him in other games that tells me not to give up.

To me his confidence was shot. I don't think the coaches did him any favors in that regard either. He looked lost, the offense was so vanilla so clearly the coaches didn't have confidence in him, and oh by the way don't you dare run - ever.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People see a gunslinger and fall in love. If the Bills did get him....just wait until his first 3 int game and this board would have a meltdown and the 'Fire Whaley' threads would begin

With respect I don't think many are falling in love. I personally just recognize that we have to get a better at the position and the options are extremely limited. We can't go young and we can't go with Orton. So because of the crux we're in it's either someone like Cutler or EJ has to be the guy.

With respect I don't think many are falling in love. I personally just recognize that we have to get a better at the position and the options are extremely limited. We can't go young and we can't go with Orton. So because of the crux we're in it's either someone like Cutler or EJ has to be the guy.

Cutler doesn't have to be the guy at all -- in any scenario. Mainly because he's not the guy and never has been.

Cutler is terrible, and those who think he's better than anyone we have had since Kelly forget Bledsoe. He sucked while here but was light years better than Cutler on Jays best day.

Hard pass on the Cutler. Hard pass.

people who being up Drew Bledsoe and lost him as one of our "decent QBs" forget how terrible he was.

meh. Over rated IMO. Nothing special. He's the Carson Palmer of 1996

But why endorse over paying for a guy like cutler, who isn't as good as Bledsoe or at best is as good as the ghost of Bledsoe that the bills got in that trade, when it won't improve the team and instead will hurt the chances to sign other FAs by hindering the cap?

Makes no sense.

But why endorse over paying for a guy like cutler, who isn't as good as Bledsoe or at best is as good as the ghost of Bledsoe that the bills got in that trade, when it won't improve the team and instead will hurt the chances to sign other FAs by hindering the cap?

Makes no sense.

"paying for a guy" is misleading. It's not my money. Were gonna be between 20-30m under the cap this offseason. It's not gonna be that big a deal.

And regardless, the fact is that our other option at QB is Kyle Freaking Orton!!!

It's not that cutler is amazing by any means. He's better than Orton.

And I'm not saying we should make the trade for him. I'm simply arguing the fact that Orton sucks and Cutler is better. If we had Cutler as our QB we probably would have 2 more wins.

"paying for a guy" is misleading. It's not my money. Were gonna be between 20-30m under the cap this offseason. It's not gonna be that big a deal.

And regardless, the fact is that our other option at QB is Kyle Freaking Orton!!!

And I'm not saying we should make the trade for him. I'm simply arguing the fact that Orton sucks and Cutler is better. If we had Cutler as our QB we probably would have 2 more wins.

His deal will eat up the cap. That's what I'm saying. Doesn't matter that it's not your cash, but it does matter if you're taking a bum for a QB and paying him 75% of your available free agent money. That means no help for the guard position and letting Hughes and possibly dareus walk.

His deal will eat up the cap. That's what I'm saying. Doesn't matter that it's not your cash, but it does matter if you're taking a bum for a QB and paying him 75% of your available free agent money. That means no help for the guard position and letting Hughes and possibly dareus walk.

we will have enough for Hughes, and Cutler.

Dareus is signed through next season.

but he is not better than Orton with those 21 combined fumbles and picks per season since hes been in Chicago This delusion that we would win more games simply because he is jay Cutler didn't work for the bears and wouldn't work for us

but he is not better than Orton with those 21 combined fumbles and picks per season since hes been in Chicago This delusion that we would win more games simply because he is jay Cutler didn't work for the bears and wouldn't work for us

you have seen the Bills play the last few weeks right? You have seen zero Touchdowns on offense right? You have seen Kyle Orton look at the DEs and just turtle on the turf right?

If you haven't seen that, then I assume you haven't watched the Bills play and therefore I have no need to argue with you about this.

we will have enough for Hughes, and Cutler.

Dareus is signed through next season.

You realize Cutler is in the first year of a seven yr, 126 million dollar contract right? There is no way we could afford cutler and Hughes and still have money to improve the OG and TE positions. This is a terrible waste of cap space to make what's ultimately a lateral move at the QB position AT BEST.

you have seen the Bills play the last few weeks right? You have seen zero Touchdowns on offense right? You have seen Kyle Orton look at the DEs and just turtle on the turf right?

If you haven't seen that, then I assume you haven't watched the Bills play and therefore I have no need to argue with you about this.

The only thing that's clear is you haven't watched cutler play, maybe ever. He hurts the team, thanks to his contract alone.

You realize Cutler is in the first year of a seven yr, 126 million dollar contract right? There is no way we could afford cutler and Hughes and still have money to improve the OG and TE positions. This is a terrible waste of cap space to make what's ultimately a lateral move at the QB position AT BEST.

The only thing that's clear is you haven't watched cutler play, maybe ever. He hurts the team, thanks to his contract alone.

again. I'm not saying we should make the trade. I'm simply arguing that Cutler is better than any QB we currently have in our roster. And with the salary cap increasing this year as well as being between 20-30m under the cap... Yes, we do have enough to sign everyone.

again. I'm not saying we should make the trade. I'm simply arguing that Cutler is better than any QB we currently have in our roster. And with the salary cap increasing this year as well as being between 20-30m under the cap... Yes, we do have enough to sign everyone.

You need to look at the numbers or look at your math because you're not right about your first point or the numbers. Cutler is hot garbage with a huge contract. He doesn't help the Bills even if he is (and he isn't) better than what the Bills have now.

Look at his stats this year, or his career and remember he has Marshall, Jefferies, and a real TE plus Forte as weapons. Chicago has a loaded team offensively -- like the Bills if not better -- and despite this cutler has put up worse numbers than anyone playing behind center for the bills this year.

Ive seen a qb and offense with no minicamps or training camp together struggling to score via pass pass pass . Cutler has been afforded every opportunity and has come up short every single time

You need to look at the numbers or look at your math because you're not right about your first point or the numbers. Cutler is hot garbage with a huge contract. He doesn't help the Bills even if he is (and he isn't) better than what the Bills have now.

Look at his stats this year, or his career and remember he has Marshall, Jefferies, and a real TE plus Forte as weapons. Chicago has a loaded team offensively -- like the Bills if not better -- and despite this cutler has put up worse numbers than anyone playing behind center for the bills this year.

you have your opinion. I have mine. I believe he would be better than any QB we have seen since Jim Kelly. You don't agree. That's fine. I still don't want him on this team. I'm simply stating he would be better than what we have. Edited by mrags