6th or 7th round pick for Kirk Cousins?

I'd rather keep Orton than bring in Cutler. At least has shown some kind of passion for playing. Cutler just seems like he never cares. I don't want his negative attitude in the locker room. He also has a massive contract that would be tough to get out of. We don't want a crappy QB keeping us stuck in salary cap hell

Orton has reached his ceiling, I'm afraid. Just too many plays left out on the field. And I question his passion for the game as well. Cutler's contract makes it a non-starter for us, you are right about that aspect of it for sure. I don't necessarily buy his negative attitude history; that gets blown up too much I think. And as far as this year goes, I'd be a bad influence in the lockerrom, too, if my OC threw me under the bus like that and broke the code while doing so.

But like you said, his contract is prohibitive and just won't fit so it ain't gonna happen. I'm bracing for another year of Orton in case EJ can't beat him out. Maybe an offseason of getting in shape and being at all the OTAs, etc. will help.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long term, none of the presumed to be available quarterbacks are the answer. We just need a competent field general who can occasionally win us a game.

Our defense is championship caliber. We can't waste it on shotty QB play and I doubt management will let that happen.

Bring in an established veteran who won't lose us games then draft and groom a long term guy in 2016.

Edited by It's in My Blood

How about MarK Sanchez. He's on a one year contract with Philly. He's far from great, but would be an upgrade over Orton.

I was thinking this too. Sanchez wants to compete for a starting job and I'm not sure if Kelly sees him as someone who can/will beat out Foles. He'd be an upgrade over Orton. Sanchez has the best experience combined with talent on the free agent QB list at this point:

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/

I suspect Cutler will be a UFA if the Bears are going to swallow the $15 they'll owe him when they cut him. I personally think he's a coach/team killer.

RGIII is also likely to be a free agent unless the Redskins want to pay $18M to a QB the coach thinks stinks. However, living in DC, I've always been underwhelmed by RGIII even in his rookie season. He certainly ran the ball well but his accuracy was always poor. Now that he can't run, his lack of talent is completely exposed.

I was thinking this too. Sanchez wants to compete for a starting job and I'm not sure if Kelly sees him as someone who can/will beat out Foles. He'd be an upgrade over Orton. Sanchez has the best experience combined with talent on the free agent QB list at this point:

http://www.spotrac.c...fl/quarterback/

I suspect Cutler will be a UFA if the Bears are going to swallow the $15 they'll owe him when they cut him. I personally think he's a coach/team killer.

RGIII is also likely to be a free agent unless the Redskins want to pay $18M to a QB the coach thinks stinks. However, living in DC, I've always been underwhelmed by RGIII even in his rookie season. He certainly ran the ball well but his accuracy was always poor. Now that he can't run, his lack of talent is completely exposed.

Sanchez would be abysmal on the Bills. He is at his worst when under pressure.

Id like to stay where we are at QB. Orton, get your ass to mini camp and work like a dog in the offseason to improve your game.

EJ, grow some fur on your mcnuggets, take the job from Kyle and become a leader of men.

Basically i want them to push each other because this team is hot and needs a guy thats on tippy top of his game, and i think both Kyle and Ej know it. And are more than capable

I want to see some fire at that position

We dont need to bring in nobody, including coaches

Edited by mastershake

Cousins is talented. His problem is that no matter how well he's playing, when he makes a mistake it eats at him, he gets down on himself, and more mistakes follow. Perhaps a good psychotherapist would help. It did wonders for John Smoltz. The talent is there.

Speaking of the Redskins, Griffin absolutely needs to get out of Washington. He's really down. It was very noticeable at his press conference Tuesday. The DC press is having a field day sniping at him and creating issues where none apparently exist. Above all, his coach has been a total ass by continually and publicly dissing him. RG can play (he showed it Sunday) and yes, needs a system that suits his talents and inclinations, but it needs to be somewhere else. At this point in time, with Gruden apparently sticking around, Griffin could come relatively cheap, although Dan Snyder is such a fool he probably will insist on ridiculous return on his heavy investment. I'd take a cost effective shot at him. He could prove a major bargain, especially under a coach that doesn't get him killed when he shouldn't be playing because of injuries (Shanahan) and shows him some support and respect.

No. That's not what this team needs. Gotta swing for the fences on the BEST veteran guy out there with talent. I feel dirty for saying it, but that might be Cutler, whom I've always dinged for lazy mechanics. But he's getting shafted in Chicago and would benefit from a change. And I'm 1,000% certain he'll find receivers that Orton misses routinely, both by commission and omission. Yes, he'll throw more INTs but he'll also have that many more big plays.

GO BILLS!!!

Guys, I hate Orton for a few reasons, one being his lack of heart. You know who makes him look like he has the heart of a Lion.....Cutler. Putting him on this team would be like putting cancer in your pancreas......nothing but a bad outcome promised. Cousins cheap isn't a bad idea.

Guys, I hate Orton for a few reasons, one being his lack of heart. You know who makes him look like he has the heart of a Lion.....Cutler. Putting him on this team would be like putting cancer in your pancreas......nothing but a bad outcome promised. Cousins cheap isn't a bad idea.

If you've read my posts about Cutler the last several years, you'd know I agree with this entirely. But compared to Cousins? Well, I'll just say that with Cousins we'd get a high-character player with the arm of a school girl.

GO BILLS!!!

Nope. Keep EJ, dump Orton and sell out for either Bradford, Cutler, or Eli, if any of them are available.

I love this idea, if we get Bradford I most definitely would like to sign Matt Moore to bk him up. I think Moore would sign here because he would be one Bradford injury away from starting. Moore would be an excellent addition to this team. He has a nice arm and isn't afraid to sling it. He's also a fiery competitor and tough guy. He would complement Bradford perfectly. I would also keep EJ to further develop him as a 3rd string qb with upside. With these additions the Bills will be set for now and possibly the future depending on Ej growth and Bradfords health.

If you've read my posts about Cutler the last several years, you'd know I agree with this entirely. But compared to Cousins? Well, I'll just say that with Cousins we'd get a high-character player with the arm of a school girl.

GO BILLS!!!

Hence the "Cheap". I feel like he has better accuracy than Orton. I am certainly not calling him a long term solution. Did I mention I FREAKING HATE Orton.

I love this idea, if we get Bradford I most definitely would like to sign Matt Moore to bk him up. I think Moore would sign here because he would be one Bradford injury away from starting. Moore would be an excellent addition to this team. He has a nice arm and isn't afraid to sling it. He's also a fiery competitor and tough guy. He would complement Bradford perfectly. I would also keep EJ to further develop him as a 3rd string qb with upside. With these additions the Bills will be set for now and possibly the future depending on Ej growth and Bradfords health.

Love me some Matt Moore. Hate that we didn't get him when we had the chance.

GO BILLS!!!

You are correct that Cousins doesn't have a rocket arm but neither does Orton. Cousins is much more mobile and he is accurate with his short and medium passes. Cousins knows how to read defenses and knows where to go with the ball. He has a tendency to lose his confidence after interceptions. He reminds me of Dalton. Nothing special but knows how to run an offense.

The Bills are not going to find a high quality option at qb this offseason. That doesn't mean that they can't find a better option than Orton. Even with an offseason of hard work Orton is still going to be what he is i.e. a mediocre qb on his quickly paced downslide. I would even consider Christian Ponder an upgrade over Orton.

The Bills have a high end receiver in Watkins and a good receiver in Woods. Their talents are being wasted with Orton at the helm. If the Bills would have had average qbing this year this year I'm confident they would have solidified a playoff position.

With respect to Cutler I consider him to be a toxic player. He reminds me of someone who has autistic traits in that he doesn't appear to relate to others or cares to relate to other. I would still take him over Orton with the realization that you are risking contaminating your lockerroom with this character.

The bottom line is if you can't put yourself in a very good qb situation at the minimum you can put yourself in a better situation.

You are correct that Cousins doesn't have a rocket arm but neither does Orton. Cousins is much more mobile and he is accurate with his short and medium passes. Cousins knows how to read defenses and knows where to go with the ball. He has a tendency to lose his confidence after interceptions. He reminds me of Dalton. Nothing special but knows how to run an offense.

The Bills are not going to find a high quality option at qb this offseason. That doesn't mean that they can't find a better option than Orton. Even with an offseason of hard work Orton is still going to be what he is i.e. a mediocre qb on his quickly paced downslide. I would even consider Christian Ponder an upgrade over Orton.

The Bills have a high end receiver in Watkins and a good receiver in Woods. Their talents are being wasted with Orton at the helm. If the Bills would have had average qbing this year this year I'm confident they would have solidified a playoff position.

With respect to Cutler I consider him to be a toxic player. He reminds me of someone who has autistic traits in that he doesn't appear to relate to others or cares to relate to other. I would still take him over Orton with the realization that you are risking contaminating your lockerroom with this character.

The bottom line is if you can't put yourself in a very good qb situation at the minimum you can put yourself in a better situation.

To the contrary, Cousins has regressed significantly. He often locks onto receivers and makes very poor decisions that both lead to interceptions. He played so poorly as Washington's starter this year after RG3 was injured that he was benched in favor of Colt McCoy. This fascination for Cousins must be based on what he showed 2012 because he has really struggled in the last two seasons when he's been afforded opportunities to play extensively.

I submit Cousins does nothing to put us in a better situation. Indeed, he's worse than anybody we have except Tuel.

I feel the same way that you do about Cutler. Have for years.

GO BILLS!!!

Exile, give BB a break dude. The poor guy is never going to live that down and i like his posts.

No on cousins even though he played on a weaker team this year. Bradford maybe as he has been decent when healthy. depends on the contract. Also, supposedly Foles is not what Chip Kelly wants. He came back to earth this year, but was fantastic last year.

Seems like a high character guy and made very good decisions last year.Hell no on Cutler. Coach killer.